Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New irons- any feedback

Options
  • 25-07-2023 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭

I've been thinking about a new set of irons with a long time.

Has anyone feedback on either of these sets or used them.

Mizuno Jpx 921 hot metal Pro

Callaway rogue ST pro

Seen both sets in mcguirks and look nice. Prices a bit more reasonable than other brands.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭benny79

Cant go wrong with Mizuno but I would get a fitting and see which I hit best. They take it off the price if you buy from them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭swededmonkey

I'm on my second set of mizuno's. One of the most underrated brands IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I've never played Mizuno but they have always been one of the best looking clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

I got fitted for those Mizunos and find them great.

Follow the advice here - don't buy without being fitted.

Buy what feels best for you and stand your ground where they try to upsell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

I have the Mizuno JPX923 Hot Metal about 8 months now. Got fitted for them. Really like them. Forgiving, long, look good. Coupled with a couple of lessons, I hit the ball about a club and a half further than with my previous clubs. Highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭coillcam

How do the stronger lofts work out with the gap to wedges and hybrid/woods?

PW is 43* so I had to buy a 49* gap wedge. Was a JPX921 so very similar.

I've 43*, 49*, 56* and 60* wedges. Theoretically good coverage. Now if only I could hit them consistently 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

That’s big gaps and I’m not sure giving you the best coverage. My 9 iron is 43 degree, pw is 47. I was recommended to get wedges 52, 56 & 60 but as i wanted a 3 iron in my bag I spaced out wedges to 52 & 58. The gap was too big and I ended up changing the 58 for a 56.

Ah I dunno. I should be able to hit them 50, 70, 100% and get adequate coverage. I probably use them more for chipping than pitches or full shots too.

Advertisement