Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Who do Limerick fans see as you're most difficult opponent in the coming years. This Limerick team looks set to dominate for a few more years and are head and shoulders the best team in the country, while there's always a chance of a shock defeat, it's hard to see who'll challenge them in the next year or 2, as most other teams are either way behind or in various states of rebuilds. When Kilkenny were going for their 5 in a row, Tipp were the obvious challengers, there doesn't seem to be an obvious challenger at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tranquilo

I think the best chance of Limerick not winning is not allowing them get to Croke Park. They're just unbelievable when they get going in Croker, some of the best hurling I've seen in my 50 odd years.

Knocking them out in Munster is probably the only chance other teams have of winning an All Ireland. Honestly though this Limerick team including their management are so impressive that they'll probably realise this after this years Munster Championship and be more aware of it starting next years championship.

Hannon is their oldest outfield players in their strongest 15 and is only 30. Its frightening to think of what they can still achieve. Congrats lads. Amazing achievement and it has to be said, the support they have is unreal too. Some amount of noise everytime a point went over on Sunday. The whole team and county seem very united and I think that's a big part of their success too

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

To be fair that is just 1 or 2 lads and they are being pulled up on it..reality is limerick are year 7 into a project where kilkenny have a new management trying to change the system slightly..add to that limerick have bigger men all over the field who just happen to be exceptional hurlers.

Kielys biggest achievement in my view is keeping lads hungry and grounded..after not winning for 40 odd years they could easily have dined out for the rest of their lives on winning 1 or 2..unfortunately for the rest of us though they seem to be as hungry now as ever

• Registered Users Posts: 25,684 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Waterford who were a man up should have beat us and choked. We played badly against Tipp too and they couldn't get the win. Cork ran us close too. Last year Galway should have beaten us and Kilkenny came close. All missed opportunities to stop Limerick.

So I don't see one team as the most difficult opponent because they are all pretty equal in the chasing pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

I agree take Limerick out of it and it becomes a very competitive championship, but, with the exception of Clare there really isn't any team that has consistently put it up to Limerick over the last few seasons, yet when Clare got to Croke Park they didn't really perform, whereas Limerick really took off once they reached Croke Park. Teams have ran Limerick close, but, I always had the feeling Limerick were still going to get the result. It might be a bit different for Limerick supporters, watching on worried about the result, but, as an outsider you always get the feeling Limerick can turn any situation in their favour. Limerick have incredible scoring power and can completely strangle teams, as they did in the final and semi final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Dannymole22

Does anyone know if you can buy the L-LIAM Licence plates that were released in previous years anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭pajoguy

I have this years one but it's the 18,20,21 and 22 ones I'd like to buy. I was almost sure I bought them at the time but can't find them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭High bike

I'd imagine they can be got online if centra don't have them

No luck. I'll just have to keep an eye out. Recently purchased a mobile home in Clare so would like to put them pride of place somewhere😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭High bike

Na shure everyone else down there will be from Limerick too.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Glenomra

Much of east Clare was festooned in Limerick colours the weeks leading up to the final so no panic about displaying any Limerick signs. Most hurling people will freely acknowledge that they are a great team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I have the 2019 one if you want to stick it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Absolutely I do know it's one or two and every county has them.

The facts are though notwithstanding how good we were in the 2nd half of both semi and final we scraped out of munster, maybe they can tweak it a little next yr to make it less difficult to get out of Munster but to be honest we all know how difficult it is to get out of it.

Next yr is next yr but I'd expect a big yr from cork

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭billyhead

Cork are a bit of a conundrum. On there day they are brilliant but then the following game well below par. Nobody doubts there skill levels. It's just the physicality is missing. Also Horgan might call it a day and as we all know he's there main man for leadership and score count. The success at under age as we know too well is no guarantee of success at senior grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rubbledoubledo

Limerick leaves it very tight coming out of Munster ok , need to be careful, have they Cork and Clare away next year

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cave_dweller

Off the Ball mentioned O'Neill and Rodgers as the main candidates for young hurler of the year and I'd agree with that. O'Neill is the clear winner for me, he had an excellent year and was unfortunate to get injured vs Cork. An unbelievable talent and is pushing hard to start.

The wind was enormous on Sunday and aided Limerick in the second half, surprised there was no mention of it on tv. Kilkenny have some very good players but they lack a little quality in the forwards. I was happy to see Walsh starting also, that was a mistake from their side. Still, Limerick would have won no matter what Kilkenny had done. When on form and focused they're unbeatable at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Yes I agree with that horgan and harnedy were their best forwards this yr but they were missing o flynn and connolly so they'd be additions too.

Still say though that their backs are suspect especially their full back line but again overall they should be decent.

I know some won't agree with this but if Waterford get their act together they could be a threat as well.

Anyway as I said earlier let's enjoy this one first.

• Advertisement

As the locals keep reminding me since I'm in West Clare I'm in big ball country now so the hurling doesn't bother them😂

Early days, folks, but who would your top three from Munster be next season?

Mine's (in no particular order):

Limerick

Cork

Tipperary

Cork and Tipp both really need to take a step forward.

I really like what Cork are doing but need to see some tangible results to get it moving.

If Tipp don't do something substantial next year they will be in crisis because where do they look if it turns out the resurrected messiah can't perform miracles.

Limerick, Cork and Clare

Was 50/50 between Clare and Tipp. I think Clare mentally will need a lot to go at it again for a 3rd successive year taking the previous disappointments into account, they also travel to Thurles and PUC. On the other side of it I think Tipp need to find a few bodies from somewhere and a lot of their older players will have another years mileage on the clock

Really disappointed we missed out on the trip to Waterford this year.

Cork and Ennis are my 2 favourite places to visit for a match but I've had a fair few trips and somewhere less travelled would be nice. At least we might get to avoid fekin Thurles next year.

Hopefully we get a few interesting away days in next year's league.

Went to Walsh Park in 2019 and it was a great day out. Those days are the best thing about the round robin from a supporters POV. I'm looking forward to going to the new PUC next year by pure chance I've been out of the country each time we've played them there since the re-opening

I'm personally hoping for a trip to Wexford in the league

New PUC is a really nice venue. Got everything you would expect from a modern venue.

There are also 2 big food markets about half way out to the ground that opened a few years ago that add to the whole day out. And of course some great pubs in Cork of you have time after.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭C4000

We are due to be in division 1B next year along with Galway, Tipp, Dublin, Westmeath and Antrim......although there is talk of the format being looked at so that might change.

Oh ya I keep forgetting it was a performance based draw

• Advertisement

Back to Ennis as well. Pubs are good craic and I love the town, but, Christ, that north terrace is an awful place to watch a match.

Advertisement