Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twisted Metal - Peacock.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

First reaction seeing the trailer and finding out it's a computer game adaption was to think: I can't see how they'll get a season of tv out of it 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭ Trey Mealy Lightning

Oh my G!

This was some game on the PS2.

Win the competition and get a chance to see calypso and make a wish.

Was class.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

This could either be surprisingly entertaining trash, or just actual trash. I suspect there mightn't be much middle ground. I'm so so on Anthony Mackie, he's an actor that needs the right kind of material, but can be dull and monotone otherwise- and pop-anarchic chaos doesn't seem it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭ Trey Mealy Lightning

Missiles, flame thrower, ice blasts, mines, calypso, EXTREMELEY clever use of power ups IF they're included at all, mr grimm, not alot of mackie, the games storylines or similar and this will be a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I just think of Blood Drive when I try to think what this would be like.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Maybe others chuckled, but yikes it doesn't look good:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,614 ✭✭✭✭Penn

"How do we best sell a show about wild vehicular combat with guns and bombs?"

"Release a trailer with absolutely none of that and instead show a boring fight and a conversation which means nothing to anybody!"

Ah so it's not just me: I watched that clip and honestly had no fúcking clue what was going on. Presumed I was just tired and missed something. Bizarre choice for a promotion.

NSFW trailer (swearing and blood)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I don't think Peacock get it...

And I'm starting to think Mackie is seriously unlucky with the writers he finds himself working with, or he's just very limited. None of these jokes land.

Didn't look as downright awful as the first promotion, but I think the whole thing's a few degrees off from looking like fun?

For some reason, I wondered if Mackie was trying to channel Eddie Murphy 'cos he just gave off that vibe to me. And it didn't occur before I watched the trailer, but trying to do TV Mad Max style vehicular carnage is ... brave, on a TV budget. If that's crap, the whole thing will be a failure.

Again I say Blood Drive beat them to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ten 30 minute episodes, I’ve watched the first few and it’s a fun easy watch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Finished it, honestly it's average at best. There is build out of back stories in small snippets etc. but it's very episodical in nature. There's a set up for season 2 which is honestly what I'd have led with as main story but there's attempted humour but I can't recall more then smiling at most. Would I watch season 2? Maybe if I had nothing else to watch but not a scratch on Blood drive (it tried to be serious and comic at the same time and it simply does not work here)...

Post edited by Nody on

I enjoyed it. Better than I expected it to be. Never played the games and only familiar with Sweet Tooth from seeing him.

It's funny it gets compared to Blood Drive, as I have done, when very few seem to have watched that series. I guess that's why they can make a similar show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

I'm only 2 episodes in, but so far liking it. A bit different to other shows, decent pace, quirky, easy watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paramount+ UK has picked up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anthony Carrigan is joining

Advertisement