Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you thought vegans were smug before…

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,829 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

There is a cure, don't spoil your kids, give them time, affection and let them grow emotionally to maturity rather than spoiling them.

Vegan numbers would collapse.

The tick, that's a different parasite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

I have met plenty of vegans in real life, and the only way I knew is when they ordered the vegan option from the menu.

I've never met a preachy vegan or a smug vegan.

The internet is absolutely inundated with extreme viewpoints. Maybe take a break if your first thought is "emotionally immature" when you read the word "vegan"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

The OP itself is carefully-laid bait for spiteful rejoinders.

Why would anyone feel smug about somebody else's misfortune, unless they are deranged with spite?

"Public discourse" is mostly garbage now, corrupting, a battle of wills drawing in personal disputes and escalating angry rhetoric.

The only working solution is to (literally) switch off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

What's the relevance of vegans in the thread title? A suggestion that every vegan is delighted that some meat eaters have developed a lifelong allergy to animal products? Is the OP 12?

And, no, I'm not a vegan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Same. I work with a vegan and it only comes up when he's asked about it when we go for lunch together. He never brings it up, let alone be smug or preachy about it.

The people who seem most animated about it are the ones who really dislike veganism. What other people eat doesn't bother me in the slightest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,355 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I thought this was already well understood. Ticks are everywhere in the woods too. Horrible little ****, theyll walk right up and eat up the back of your knee, your nether regions, they don't care, and you will often never feel it happen until you notice a strange new bump. They'll only get more populous as the planet warms and their territory expands.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

The preachy everything types just seem to be mostly online, but somehow piss off everyone.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 83,355 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

well, clearly someone has never been driven by a vegan from south carolina to maine

Let me tell you, they are 'all' preachy.

Advertisement