Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Invasion - AppleTV+

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,394 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So just finally finished watching this all after only coming across it recently. It was OK.

I though all the time with the kids on the bus seems wasted if its only one or two of them they are eventually going to have in it now.

I knew the telepathic kid was not dead.

Did anyone else notice in the very last episode of Season two that the there was a part where the ones in Japan are speaking Japanese and no translation of it is on the screen?

As for the ships at the end and the receding water. What if the ships are taking the water into them maybe or maybe they touch the Oceon floor and cause massive Tsunamis I guess we will see in Season two soon.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,707 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Ms

So season two episode 1 is out. I watched it last night. Definitely more of an idea were the budget was spent now.

However I think the time since the end of the last series should have been longer and the first scene was definitely not shot in Japan. A Scenic and a corsa lol as well as some old Golf's.

Otherwise its getting interesting now do with the threads in this episode going in different ways.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,972 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Always good to see Enver Gjokaj in a show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2.1: Not exactly sure what the showrunners plan is now. Maybe some kind of uneasy peace or maybe just a lose-lose.

The alien ship bit feels a bit like Arrival. Maybe a little crossed with Annihilation.

Maybe it looks like the kid from england, Caspar, might be able to do something for the show if he become some kind of central point fighter type.

The opening scene looked like they've gone cheap on the special effects. Still haven't a clue where all the season one money went. Maybe whatever they had has been slashed or maybe saving for the end of the season. Though.. I got that wrong about season one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

The middle eastern family storyline is as annoying and idiotic as ever. The Japanese woman's storyline is keeping me interested though.

Who was the woman in the hospital bed at the end?

2.2: Well. That's the kids swear words vocabulary tested out 🙂

Eh... some plot that I'd like to know more about. The big picture stuff. The filler story just feels weak.

Practical effects, special effects, set locations, camera work felt really solid.

The big stories look set again to be shaped together through that weapon the mother and kids have, the power casper has, whatever Mitsuki is going to be doing on the crashed spaceship and what looks set to be Trevante maybe .. finally.. re-introducing Sam Neills character.

Maybe the point will be something like... look how all these small stories from around the world in some small and big ways were all needed to stop the aliens.

Feels like the Aliens are continuing the terraforming. Not sure their view of us. Half guessing there is a type of controller Alien not seen yet. That's been a thing in a few scifis I think

lol, that was the kid 😁

Casper

Ms

2.3 excellent episode. Lots going on.

I still can not believe that the Aliens can fly through space but have no shields do. That's crazy.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Episode 2.4 another good episode.

I forget about this lol so still have another episode to watch ye :)

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Episode 2.5 Oh that got interesting.

These new Aliens are certainly a lot worse. I think radiation might kill them or maybe not. Something has too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

I sort of wish they'd update each story each week, instead of jumping wholly to one or two of the plotlines, apart from that 2.5 was good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭fran38

I dunno. A bunch of kids decide to trek to France in the euro tunnel and all are expected to make it out alive?

Ms

Yes they all made it out alive lol

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭SharkMX

I was looking forward to watching this and watched the first 2 episodes. I hear it gets much better in the second season but i think im just going to give up. Not going through a whole season for it to get good.

Its a slow burn with just about enough to keep your interest, more action in S2, it's worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Another meh season, I struggled through it. Still aimless and meandering as season 1. Wouldn't be surprised if it's not renewed for S3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Preferred season 1, lost its way in.

Ms

I agree season 2 has been a mess. I think I am done with it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I finished season two about a week or two ago. I remember thinking that it was getting more grounded in itself. Still a bit flimsy but I liked the improvement in budget use. Didn't feel like money was being thrown away like in season one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,366 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Onto 6th episode of first season and I'm really beginning to hate it.

Probably the last I'll watch. Zero likeable characters.

• Advertisement

Renewed for a third season

Advertisement