Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places for an early breakfast in Bray (6am-7am) on a Saturday?

Options
  • 28-07-2023 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Robert Nairac

I need to travel up to Dublin for a test in August and I am thinking of staying in Bray and taking the Dart to Blackrock.

I am completely unfamiliar with the area. Do you have any suggestions for where I might be able to get an early breakfast near the station? The hotel I am thinking of booking only serves breakfast from 8am, which is too late for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Beefcake82

I would recommend Finnbees, opens 7am. Down on beech around corner from dart station.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭accensi0n

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Royal hotel / mcGettigans's is open from 6:30 on their website for breakfast. https://www.royalhotel.ie/dining.html

Outside of hotel breakfasts, you'll struggle to find somewhere between 6-7am, even the Martello don't start until 8am (which I would have assumed it would have been earlier).

EDIT Sorry I missed you said Saturday, even the Royal Hotel is 8am then. I'd try find somewhere else to stay tbh, maybe The Talbot in Stillorgan?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Don't think you will find anything to be honest

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• You're not going to find anywhere that does breakfast at 6am

You're only chance is if you find one of those McDonalds that are open 24hrs. But they're rare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Robert Nairac

As it turns out, there is a McDonald's that opens at 7am in Blackrock right next to the Dart line. It will have to do. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. :)

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Advertisement