Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Anyone else having issues with not being given the advertised subscribe and save price at check out? Once I get to check out the price I'm being charged is the "one time purchase price"

I'm more having it default to subscribe, at checkout. Almost feels tricksy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭con747

@jc77 I bought that fan you posted to go with my expanding collection and it was well worth the money. It's in competition with this one posted last year https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B087PGNT2J/ I paid €6 odd for on offer but the wrap around legs make it more versatile.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Ordered a book to be delivered to my parent's house. App said delivered through the letter box. Couldn't find it when I visited, so opened front door. Was in middle of garden, clearly flung over the wall. Tried to complain using the customer service options, but don't think it'll go anywhere.

This is genuinely where the parcel was. Luckily it was dry...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Was that delivered via an post or via airdrop from a drone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭Nollog

If it was an an post delivery Customer.Services@anpost.ie will give out to the mail person on the route for you. We had one who wouldn't ring the doorbell for anything, just automatically got out the "sorry we missed you" redelivery/collection notice.

They still did it, but not nearly as often.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

It was amazon delivery themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Never had any issues with deliveries luckily however I have noticed one of the drivers doesn't ring the bell. It's just left outside. I get the app notification etc that it's delivered but just seems lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭con747

Get on to chat, tell them you only found it after it pissed rain and it was ruined. You have the picture to send them. It might get them to get drivers to cop on a bit if enough people complain but I doubt it.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Just ref the telescopic ladder, I recently invested in the 4.9m version below for £115. The price has a regular up and down flow, but overall it is a really great piece of kit. I was able to clear the gutters on my 2 storey house and when all done, collapse it down and into the shed. The excitement of being able to do a lot more DIY work is just showing my age. I'll be getting my £66 warehouse Karcher to power wash the gutters next, I can't wait!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0875YR8ZF/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭daheff

Have awful trouble with amazon deliveries lately (Especially so since amazon are doing it themselves rather than outsourced courier).

Neighbour was away for a few days. Delivery came. Box thrown over his side gate (despite saying fragile item on the box) and marked as delivered. Left out in the pouring rain. Neighbour asked me had i taken anything in for him. No i says. He checked with the other neighbour. then he asked me to see if it was left at the side of his house. Expecting whatever he got to be broken!

Missus bought a couple of things from Amazon. 2 different vans delivered them yesterday (number 17 & 20) within 5 mins of each other! Why not send them in the same bloody van😡

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭cullenswood

How stable is it?

Not great on ladders anyway but would this scare the life out of me?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭oodles19

That's exactly what I'd be looking to use it for, do you reckon the 5m would be tall enough to do the gutters on most 2 storeys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I was apprehensive that it wouldn't be stable as well. Was going to get a combination ladder but this one might be better.

I thought OPs signature was part of the post and it didn't fill me with a lot of confidence about the ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Thomhic312

To begin with, the average height of 1 story building is 9 to 10 feet and 3 meters. A standard 2-story building is 18 to 20 feet tall with 5.5 to 6 meters, while a standard 3-story building is between 30 to 35 feet and then 9 to 10.5 meters.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ltd440

I was talking to an amazon driver a few weeks ago in Cork and he explained to me the crap wages and hours that their doing, and I'm a courier so I know the scene.

So not surprising that the service is getting shabby.

I'm amazed they can keep drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I'm also experiencing frustrating Amazon deliveries from the Prime vans in the last few weeks specifically. They just drop the package outside my front door and walk away. No knock or anything.

App will either say "Handed to resident" or "Left in letterbox".

When I provide negative feedback on delivery via the app the only option I have is "Driver left package in my safe place even though I was home". Unfortunately the "Driver could not be arsed knocking" isn't a valid option.

Every other courier knocks at least, even if its a knock-and-drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭gussieg

Post edited by gussieg on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Do you get to keep it? If so I call that a win. Clean it with a dettol wipe and grab a cable for cheap and job done

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

It has more flex than a regular ladder, but nothing to crazy. The stabilising bar helps, but it doesn't tolerate being on on unstable ground. The first time up I did have a bit of buyers regret, thinking I'm saving a few quid and am going to break a bone, but once I was comfortable, it settles. Slow and steady!

Yeah, it should allow you to reach up. You can't step on the top 3 rungs, so the top of my head is just below the gutter. I had the wheelie bin underneth and just kept grabbing a handful with one hand and letting go, while holding the ladder with the other hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Cancel the prime and get a refund and then a refund on tbe echo, pick-up a cheap cable and it’s a win win

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭john boye

Just to add my own 2c to the driver complaints. Had a delivery yesterday and we were both out at the time. Driver rang me, he had very poor English which didn't make it easy but he went above and beyond to make sure he left the parcel in a safe place. Fair play to him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Warehouse/refurb items have always been refund and no replacement. Nothing new there.

Yes well it gets more ridiculous. If I do get it replaced, the cable won't ve replaced, but all that's wrong with it is that the cable is missing. Sheesh.

Oh that's sweet.shes offering to sell me the cable for 17.99 sterling .

No I have maligned her .she will refund for the cost of the cable if I go ahead and buy it from that link sent. Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

I used to buy my fabric conditioner , conforms and laundry detergent perisil on Amazon but now it looks like they have stopped, anyone else seeing this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Comfort bargain posted in the no chat thread during the week. No bargains in detergent that I could see, Tesco own brand can't be beaten

Advertisement