Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

OMG Ray must be in the sound gallery for Six one News on RTE One tonight!! It's so tinny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• This is the panel from the fairly basic aircraft I used to fly. No compewturs on board, you are de compewtur, although there’s basic radio navigation. Those buttons and knobs you see below de instruments are critical, pull de wrong knob and there’s silence, fail to pull the right knob and there’s silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Mohat Mogeansai

this lad needs to do some time with Enoch Burke , and I’m claiming the rights on the reality TV tie in

• AI generated coddle-eater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Will we get callers because of twitter.

I doubt it as age if not applicable to the show but my app update is this.

Only 24mb so no big change.

• It’s always said, and especially by Joe, “we do Death well” in this country. Fact is we bury people in great haste, we pull out all the stops to talk incessantly about a deceased we barely knew, especially the media about a famous deceased. Audeon’s clocks certainly do stop, we hear little else but about the newly deceased.

We make a big statement that in Death the newly deceased has taken in a new importance beyond that which they had during life. Death validates them, it gives out the message that once Dead, everyone will love you, you will be eulogised, you will take on the importance you ought to have been due in life, especially if you suffered from a mental health issue.

It’s not a good message to be sending to people with such issues. By all means have a feature, play some songs etc, but don’t overplay it. I remember somebody in Donegal, was it a priest or community figure, warned against creating a Death Cult by particularly validating younger people in Death rather than life.

RTE are particularly responsible for overdoing it. Yes, every program should make room for a short section in respect of the death of someone well-known and liked, but keep it in proportion. Don’t give out the message that Death is when you will “know” you are loved.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I doubt the man of the people uses the RTE canteen in the 90 odd minutes he is in the building per day !! I cannot imagine him sitting down beside D'Arcy having a bowl of porridge followed by the soup of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭squonk

Agreed. I often feel like funerals here have evolved beyond the spirit of what they originally were. Coming from a country area there is a tradition that neighbours tahr the burden off the family by looking after farm tasks like livestock care and general day-to-day work for a few days. Other neighbours supply food and some others take care of opening the family grave. I see some of that starting to die out mind you. In this context with a close knit community it makes sense to be all about the death for a few days. Everyone knew that person well and is themselves mourning.

Does it make sense for RTE to suspend all other functions because Sinead O’Connor has died? No. She was a nationally recognised figure for sure and it’s terrible what has happened but it deserves a section on s show but not the entire show. Those of us who were fans digger at some stage in our lives or alll the way through will feel some grief but we can all deal with that in our own way.

Aside from any shenanigans otherwise going on in RTE right now, Liveline yesterday was a travesty. Ok, maybe 20 minutes for some curated contributions from those who knew her personally and had relevant things to say was in order. A bit of solemnity and something to acknowledge that, despite her demons, she was one of the most talented singers we’ve produced.

Like I said yesterday I’d doubt a single caller to Liveline back in 1992 supported her tearing up of the JP2 photo. I know that’s 30 years ago and Ireland has changed much in that time but it’s not lost on me that were her name to have come up on the show two weeks ago it wouldn’t have been in complimentary terms. Now she’s sadly passed she’s a Liveline saint. I’ve a feeling the woman herself would have called out the hypocrisy directly had she got on air if another Irish musical legend passed.

• Advertisement

• She’d be the first to comment in this respect, she’d call out the hypocrisy in no uncertain terms.

• Can’t believe the speed at which Prof Tubs is working for me, he’s fast-tracked new brain & spine MRIs and chest CT for me this Sunday evening at Blackrock. My insurance covers it completely and Prof Tubs’ services are free in the public system. I’d like to ring Liveline to praise his clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,585 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

No Coldplay for me wheres my nama joe???

• Lord Boucher Hayes just said a radio colleague lays toilet paper in a very fastidious arrangement before sitting down on the jax seat… worryingly he leaves this arrangement in place after vacating de cubicle.

Joe perchance?

• Asked AI to generate a picture of a man answering to the description of Joe, with a bad leg in a hospital bed, being presented with a bedpan by a nurse. Bizarre, 2 dislocated bad legs, a bedpan that would hardly be suitably accommodating, so to speak. I think de nurse has had some kind of transition too. 🤣

• KT

KT late —-

Sex for accommodation from Prime Time investigation.

Married couple wanting threesome from tenants.

10 Million euro for more guards on de mean streets of Doobalin - bikes being stolen off delivery guys

Happy Garland Fryday - the Wesht’s version of Funny Fryday.

I’m out today, meeting a friend, then my GP, in dat order.

Ray’s in early on sound balance on his namesake’s show.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,681 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Today, Kay Tee...

• Filthy oulfellas looking for de roide in lieu of rent, covered on last nights Prime Time...likely the gubbermint will spend €11 trillion coming up with a solution to this rather than get their finger out of their hole and work on solutions the housing problems.
    • Delivery riders getting abuse, bikes stolen etc etc...going on years, people have been killed over it before.
    • Reek Sunday, some people treating it like a sports event and not giving the novices any fair play.

• today , sex for rent, brazilians attemping to deliver drugs having bikes stolen by locals and the unwell, and some outrage rubbish about croagh patrick

• I tried to get into an orgy with my own tenants in lieu of rent but they were having none of it, so they’re getting a bad reference .

I’ll post this below to save Mr Scan doing it later…

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

He fairly well meets the definition of 'crackpot'.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement

This subject is shîte

M

Usually the chopper needs to take a few unwell off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭calculator

Is there any point to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

De lahvlahn is a penance KT so to speak

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Licence fee well spent on this garbage NOT

M

He has to do it in his bare feet every time he pulls de wire off himself so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

You should do it in your bare feet and nettles shoved into your underpants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Advertisement