Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭CoBo55

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

It’s one I had from years ago. It’s a vgate Wi-Fi model.

And I use the CarScanner app to view the data.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Commute home details

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

Mine has been annoying me for months. But I just today discovered that I can cause the noise to occur by hitting down on the top of the steering wheel, which should give them a place to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

Doe it sound like a squeak or chirp from the steering wheel, and is it worse when driving on rough surfaces?

I had to drive around with one the mechanics so they could hear it first hand. Of course it was completely silent until we drove on a rougher road but once he heard it he knew what to look for.

Edit: I found that adjusting the steering wheel up and down and in out every few days worked as a temporary fix.

Post edited by electricus on

• Advertisement

It could be the airbag switch panel cover. You’ll see it on the left side when the passenger door is open.

I fixed a rattle/ squeak by removing the cover (with a plastic spudger tool) and sticking a few pieces of that foamy door insulation strip around the edges of the hole it fits into. I also stuck a piece on the back of the glovebox to cushion some loose wires I could see in there, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Since 3.2 does anyone else have any issues with the parking sensors? I have the basic ones, no camera.

They are so over sensitive now that they are useless, they beep much too early.

I had an ID.4 loaner when the update was being done and it was the same.

I’ve noticed that too. Not the beep, but in traffic if another car stops beside me the parking screen turns on with distance warnings.

That's exactly what it sounds like and, yes, worse on rough surfaces!

Did you get it fixed and what did they do?

I've also now got a thing where, sometimes, the steering wheel sounds like I'm driving an old wooden ship: creaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭stoves1

I have been reading comments etc re ID3 on this post, i traded in a 2020 Golf highline with circa 31k km on clock and recieved my new ID3 PRO 58KW car last monday, ( after a bit of worry had i done the right thing etc) .

So far i am extremely happy with the car but wish to point out that the software version in it is 3.5 when i just checked now, this info maybe of help within the forum.👌

• Advertisement

They fixed it but took a few visits before they could replicate it, luckily there was a rough road nearby! I think the problem was a broken cable clip in the steering column - at least that’s what they suspected. It hasn’t returned since.

I also had the creaking issue, old wooden ship is a great comparison! It was the driver side front strut mount - a dry joint. The fix is replacing or relubricating the joint and checking the rubber covers for cracks.

I had the work done under warranty but it took a bit of complaining as VW didn’t have any records of the problem in their database and typically it didn’t happen when I brought it in for a check. If you can, record it.

Someone in the ID.4 thread had the creaking steering recently too.

Thanks!

Fortunately, they can replicate the squeak by banging on the top of the steering wheel in my case.

When I had mentioned the squeak to the service guy when they were installing 3.2, he mentioned the strut mount. That seemed implausible to me since the sound seems to come from under the dash. But it may turn out that the creaking is exactly that.

They’re incredibly annoying noises, especially the steering chirp. Getting both fixed made driving the car enjoyable again and probably saved my sanity!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

1st Service for an ID3 is 330Euros in Frank Keane in Sandyford? and they wont even do the software updates that we never got around to, seems steep, anywhere else in Dublin cheaper?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Sounds like a rip off, I’d ring around. Does the car or app (vehicle health) say a service is due? Mine is heading for 2 years old and the app says service due in 414 days.

The software update and battery check are free and can be booked without a service- I’m sure you know that, but just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

What are they doing on the service? That's very expensive for what essentially should be a health check and cabin filter.

I'm assuming brake fluid is done at 2 years rather than 3 years due to the 2yr service interval.

How is the car out for 3 years now and servicing is whatever they feel like and different between dealers?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

i dont know, my wife booked it in, for 2 or 3 weeks time so I can cancel it, its the second anniversery service

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

€330?🤣 They're having a laugh! Cabin filter and brake fluid change, that's all that's needed AFAIK. Cancel that appointment and go somewhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My guess is they are charging for the filter, brake fluid and wipers and probably 2 hours labour.

I found the service dept of that vw dealer quoting €330 very bad recently, when i got a follow up enquiry as to what i thought of rheir service, i marked it very low expecting they would contact me ( they didnt), so i subsequently wrote a email to them listing my grievences, ( i told them that a warning light was coming on intermittently oh " that will cost an extra €150 to run a PC Check" i told them car war still under 3yr warranty " sorry about that" got a reply a month later with the excuse they are not in Sandyford long and have teething difficulties etc, so just sorry, definitely taking my business elsewhere in future, rant over!

• Advertisement

My local Frank Keane tried charging me for a loaner car until they found out I had a service plan. This was for a warranty turbo replacement on the Golf. Not a service, not a diagnostic. Shouldn't even need a service plan for a loaner car.

Back when they were trying to diagnose the faulty turbo they had fixed some heatshield and sent me on my way. When they called to follow up I said it still wasn't fixed "ok that will be €120 diagnostic fee". I got cross with her on the phone. A 1 year old car with a problem that wasn't fixed. Honestly...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,497 ✭✭✭✭ted1

FK is like doing your weekly shopping in a corner shop.

ring trinity in Wicklow, much better to deal with and only 30 minutes drive from

FK

Joe Duffy list ID.3 service as €170 but that's just a basic health check. Add €75 brake fluid and €50 cabin filter as they're done every two years (save €30 and do the cabin filter yourself)

That's €295 every 2 years, more with Frank Keane. Frank Keane want €240 just for an oil change that used to be €170. Prices are scandalous.

Cupra should be cheaper being Seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,497 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Service plans can often be cheaper.

check here: https://service-plans.vwfs.ie/vw/your-plan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

That's annoying.

I collected my car the Wednesday before you and asked for (and was confirmed it would have) the latest software installed. Arrived with 3.2.

Edit: Just re-read your post, and assume yours is the new Pro model, as opposed to my Life DX Pro "older" model. Maybe the new ones come with 3.5, and the others will get updates.

We finally got our shop app running. They did something over the air and it's working now.

Have installed the WeCharge app, Games app and Servicing app. There are two others available, both on a month's free trial with no auto-renew. One is auto headlights and one is something to do with the air-con. Are they worth it, and what do they cost after the month's trial?

Edit: Found the prices on the webpage. €189 for unlimited lights package and €299 for unlimited climate package. Bit mean that they wouldn't include them in a car that costs over €40k!

Post edited by Soarer on

That's annoying.

I collected my car the Wednesday before you and asked for (and was confirmed it would have) the latest software installed. Arrived with 3.2.

Edit: Just re-read your post, and assume yours is the new Pro model, as opposed to my Life DX Pro "older" model. Maybe the new ones come with 3.5, and the others will get updates.

Yes it is, i also asked had it the latest SW, and checked when home, and was 3.5, put in thread to keep people informed going forward🚘️

Anybody use one of the OBDEleven devices? Thinking of picking one up to change some settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

MSL on the North Circular Road have quoted me €135 for “basic service” and will do 3.2 software update but will take 2 days. They also insisted on giving me a curtesy car, they used to have a service centre up near Leopardstown if that’s more your side of the city. Joe Duffy in swords had a competitive price but messed me about 3 times in as many months with with not having a car for me so I rang around and MSL was cheapest in Dublin, Frankie Keane most expensive and rudest I felt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

Well ware and enjoy your new car. Good to hear you’re happy with it. Did you go for the ‘Olive green’?

Advertisement