Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pedrozeno

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hugeglobe

Uh oh... still early days so hopefully will shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I'm focussing on this sentence "A lot of uncertainty beyond the start of next week though and still a chance of a little more settled weather if cooler for second half of next week" and ignoring the rest!!😀

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Apparently less than 5% tickets left. On the weather front we're due some good weather so hopefully the weather gods favour us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Was surprised at that as there are loads of tickets for sale on adverts for cheaper than face value....think the weather on the days leading up will be the deciding factor on whether it sells out or not (can't see it myself).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

No point in worrying about weather just dress accordingly as it is Ireland, it will be a bonus if we get a sunny day and a half. We were very lucky in 2018. In my review of 2019 if was a different story, I remember myself and a mate trying to eat out in the downpour and we were forced to go into the Road to Nowhere tent so that our grub didn't waterlogged, I complained that there was no outdoor sitting areas for just eating or sheltering from the rain and they did seem to improve this situation last year with a few covered non-music areas.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Dunph

Rocksh*te, Guinness and Hop House the only beer options on sale last year, still diageo dominated so unlikely to be greatly changed I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I was at Forest Fest last week and it was amazing to have the choice of 2 Irish microbreweries, as well as the standard fare at the main bars.

Its particularly irritating cos dungarvan is next door and have a few lovely brews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

you have to laugh really - thats 3 festival weekends in row this summer from june (B&S, BTP), July (Otherside) and now August (ATN) where when checking the forecast in advance it not only says cloudy/wet but predicted STORM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Art Fonzarelli

I was at Green Man a few years back and they had a full on craft fest. We spent a few hours sampling various brews, sitting on picnic benches chatting/listening to crap to/from strangers. Really enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

And they had it there the first year. Not sure about the 2nd. Might get paid by Diageo to only have their stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

The 1st year there was the Killarney craft beers near the lake. Was a great addition.

Yep Diageo will have it sewn up. Pity, but at least we've free flow for nice bags of cans.

And there's something to be said for a nice Guinness on a sunny afternoon (here's hoping we get one!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yeah, EOTR similar, local craft brewery running the drinks set up, all their beers on offer plus special beer dedicated tent with bigger selection. On top of a Cider bus, gin garden etc....We really get a bum deal here.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Sorry for another route question, will be my first time heading down and driving from Dublin. I know they say not to use Google maps, but would I be okay just setting it to Portlaw and following directions from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Wasn't able to make last year and had kinda vouched not to go again after the traffic and wasp debacle of 2019 but ... fomo is real, there's a good crew going so the other half and I got last minute tickets. Coming down the Thursday and all, does there be many down for that?

Getting excited now! While the main card is underwhelming imo, there's a lot of gems lower down that are bound to blow you away. Had never hear of Sprints, have had them on repeat all week now.

Fingers crossed for a dry weekend!

Not necessarily- there can be a bottleneck crossing the river there. Not sure but I think portlaw is where they're expecting traffic from north to come to though so you might be alright. I'm coming from the west so looks like I'll be directed elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

I’m getting super excited for this now. Can’t wait. Will be driving down from Wicklow/Dublin on Thursday. Not 100% sure yet but looking like we might have spare seat in the car if anyone isn’t sorted with transport yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

I had sworn not to give them a cent ever again after 2019, but I'm glad I gave them another chance. The two years of no gigs definitely helped and I had time to process it. Last year was amazing, and it finally made my decision for me to forget about EP and embrace this new festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Coz

Unlike our politicians, they can genuinely use the phrase "lessons learned".

Traffic and vibe last year was amazing

As I said I wasn't there last year, but it's obvious from the Waterford coco map that was floating around here that they very much listen to feedback. Not just on the traffic but also on some stages with sound bleed issues in the first two editions.

ATN 2018 was probably my favourite ever festival, weather helped of course, but 2019 didn't keep up. In retrospect I agree with you, ATN is a gem of a festival. Roll on next week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Phishwax

People acting like 2019 was that bad…

hate to go there again, it wasn't bad, but also not a patch on the previous year. Crowd control, waste management, traffic all were managed worse in 2019 vs 2018.

I still had a good weekend that time don't get me wrong, but it was significantly cut short because we spent 9h getting there and lost most of Friday.

Glad to hear last year was good, as I'm sure this year will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MF123456789

First time going to ATN. By 'free flow' do you mean that we are allowed to bring our cans etc into the main arena ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Ruanmcg

I thought 2019 was fairly underwhelming for several reasons, definitely not bad and still had a great time, but it just didn't really blow me away and I don't have any particular memories from it.

Last year however was up there for me. Had it all. Some of my all time favourite DJ sets, Gilla Band setting the tone on Friday night, CMAT in the sun on Sunday afternoon... Absolutely loved the AVA in the woods stage. Was with a great group and everyone was just one on. Perfect storm.

Unfortunately Didn't make it in 2018 but everything I heard about it suggested it was pretty special. It seems like 2019 was a dip and then last year it was back to that level. Most people I know who went last year had similarly glowing reports. This year I feel like is the most amount of friends of mine going to the one event in a very long time. Few mates flying home Ireland for abroad for it. Absolutely buzzing...

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Phishwax

2018 was my favourite also but last year was my favourite music wise. So many great sets. Nick Cave being the best. Looking forward to this year and keep the weather clear

That's exactly what it means yep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Advertisement