Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Looking forward to spending 40 hours pissing doing side quests and then never finishing it for a second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Why did you never finish it? It was a great game for it's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,573 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It definitely took me a few tries to get into it. Same with Bully. Rockstar games can often feel quite slow at the start, and especially when you know you want to explore and do side stuff, but really you need to do main missions to unlock the fun side stuff to actually do.

I'd definitely look forward to playing a remaster, provided it's a good remaster and not whatever the f*ck the GTA "Definitive" edition was.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,795 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

RDR definitely suffers from awful Rockstar mission design of 'travel slowly across the map in conversation (albeit great convo) and then travel back. Some of the story missions really drag it back when others are phenomenal. Looking forward to going neck after RDR 2 was a bit too realistic. A remake in RDR engine is way too much to ask for but like above, as long as it's not gta definitive edition shyte, we'll be doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Happens me in almost every open world game. If I just did the main story I'd prob finish it, but I get side tracked into collecting everything. Then at some point it just drops off. Not that I'm not enjoying it, but usually life gets in the way and I don't get 3-4 hours in a block to play and then weeks and months go by and at that point I've forgotten what I was doing, what buttons do what etc.

Then to make things worse I decide to restart it. And of course this time I'm going to collect everything 🤣

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,394 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It seems ridiculous to call any Rockstar open-world game 'lean', but relative to the sprawling bore that is RDR2, RDR1 is a lot more condensed and manageable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

RDR1 was open world? I always thought and presumed it was a 3rd person shooter...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,394 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The usually-forgotten Red Dead Revolver began the series on PS2 and Xbox, and that was a third-person shooter. Redemption 1 very much followed the GTA / Bully mold.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ah Right, Revolver. That's the one I was thinking of.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,245 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I always find it weird that Red Dead Revolver was a Capcom game originally that ended up in development hell. Always seemed strange that rockstar took it on and when it released it was a very middle of the road game. Sure worked out for them in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

What new releases are you all looking forward to playing during the autumn/winter?

Myself:

Starfield, Forza Motorsport and Assassin's Creed Mirage.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre in August, NBA 2K in September, Spiderman 2 in October and Like a Dragon Gaiden in November. Good mix of games there :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,245 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pikmin 4 and Armored Core 6 are the only ones I care about. Like a Dragon 2 is looking great but a good bit off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Spidey 2, Forza, ACMirage, MGS collection, Super Mario Wonder

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Remnant 2 playing now, Armored Core up next month and Dragon’s Dogma 2, or is that next year?

Texas Chainsaw Massacre, a game that will cut you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

AC: Mirage is one I'm very excited for. Spider-Man 2, Alan Wake 2, MGS Collection are the others. I'm also hoping that Rugby 23 will be good but let's be fair, it won't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭quokula

Sea of Stars, Baldur's Gate 3, Assassin's Creed Mirage, Spiderman 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭McFly85

Armored Core 6, Spider-Man 2, Cyberpunk:Phantom Liberty

• Advertisement

Saw this on Reddit, rumour that Game is returning to ROI and will be part of Sports Direct stores. Very interesting if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

You'd think there's a gap in the market with GS, and to a lesser extent Argos, now gone. About weighing up whether the physical market will be round for long with digital getting more market share year on year... personally like to have the option of both, competition has to be good for us the customers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Game loyalty system is like a Mike Ashley Gamestop plus more bells and whistles even less bonus and it costs more, plus you need to sign up to the vanilla version to trade in. They offer an in-house egaming service in some of the stores and sell more toys than games in the Newry store.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'd be hopeful there are standalone GAME stores as well as inside Sports Direct ones too.

Forgot you could trade games, wonder if the prices compete with CEX.

That would be interesting. *Jordan pops into a Sports Direct shop to get a pair of Nike Flow woven shorts (his favourite shorts) and the latest Call of Duty game.*

You and your shorts. Do you just wear them around the house or do you go out like that?

Do your legs not get cold?

I wear them inside and outside and my legs don't get cold.

Regards, Jordan.

So long as you are not like this woman I once met on the street with thick black hair on her legs. I was shocked, it looked as bad as you can imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

FF7R virgin Chapter 12 or 13 update:

I liked Biggs. Jessie? Eh, she was a bit full on but I was like "Ah don't kill him off..." for Biggs. I'm actually into the story now.

Advertisement