Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Summer 2023 and The Insect Invasion

Options
  • 28-07-2023 8:16am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Having suffered flies a few weeks back in Monahan area, they were the same a last week's Boards outing in Glasson and Tullamore.

But yesterday!!!! Up north in Rockmount and Spa and lads, it was crazy, there were visible clouds of flies and flying ants around each player once near water or in a balmy tee box/green, only the wind helped and that died down in the afternoon so it was a nightmare.

Putting and driving with ants crawling over you was a new challenge to me and I was literally holding my breath at times, running to take a putt and running away again, clothes were covered in ants and we needed towels to clear them off.

Not sure much to be done, the lads in white seemed to have more ants that those in darker colours and I was dosed in DEET and not massively less invaded than others but I thought it helped a bit

Are you ready for flying ant season? (rte.ie)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Comments

Advertisement