Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

N1 commercial road tax

Options
  • 28-07-2023 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all. Considering purchasing a N1 commercial crew cab jeep but unsure if I can tax it at the commercial rate of €333. It would be purchased privately as I'm not VAT registered. Private road tax for a 3 litre is €1250 so it'd be great if I could avoid it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭tom traubert

To tax it at the commercial rate you have to complete form RF111A, and have your declaration witnessed by a Garda.

You're declaring that the vehicle will be used solely for commercial purposes.

If that's not what you'll be buying it for then you're safer sucking up the private tax rate.

If you rocked up to a joint agency checkpoint (any combination of Garda, RSA, Revenue) and got grilled you could end up having it seized on you if all wasn't in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Don’t they look for proof that you have employees etc? It’s def more complicated than taxing a van as commercial.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I've never been asked for proof of employees, but I have been asked for a valid reason to have a crew cab by both Motor Tax and my Insurance Company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Whocare

I think some tax office do . but not in cork anyway

Advertisement