Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa Grotto Venue Suggestions

Options
  • 29-07-2023 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi

All im trying to get ready to book Santa Grotto for our little one and had heard they book up very early.

Wondering if anyone has any good suggested venues in Dublin, Wicklow, Kildare, Meath, Westmeath, Offaly etc

Also looking for suggestions in Galway with the in laws.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Ours always love Causey Farm in Meath. A magical experience.

Edit. What's the age group?

Post edited by Jim_Hodge on

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Huh? They don't book out this early.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Dates in Causey can be gone by the end of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭mickey15ie

he will be 17 months in december

I would say he's a bit young for the full Cousey experience

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Honestly - your best bet is somewhere like Arnotts where it is just a santa visit.He's a bit young to enjoy the whole experience of places like Causey Farm, Lugwoods, Malahide castle etc.That age group are very easily overwhelmed by the whole thing and then this big man in red appears at the end and wants to hold them....rarely ends well!!Arnotts did have a booking system last year in Oct or Nov, so watch out for that link because it is booked very quickly.

Consider doing Wild Lights in Dublin zoo or something if you want a Christmassy experience with him and maybe just keep Santa as a stand alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭anndub

You're mad to book any of the experiences for a child that young. It will be at best lost on them, at worst completely overwhelming leading to lots of big feelings.

Look out for smaller events closer to the time. St Anne's have lovely event every year with face painting, a cookie and hot chocolate and a photo with the big man. Farmleigh usually have an event about two weeks before Christmas too

• Administrators Posts: 13,975 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Have to agree with the others. At that age all you're really looking for is a photo with Santy. A local shopping centre will probably be your best bet. The experiences can be a bit full on. Story with Mrs. Clause, Elves running around/joking with each other, arts and crafts etc. Better off waiting until he's old enough to actually "get" Christmas for him to get any benefit from that, which is usually around 4 to be honest. Up to that they don't really know what's going on. Even at that age all they want is to see Santy, tell them what they want and get some sort of present on the way out!

The experiences also make their money by charging the adults to attend too. Just looking at the Rathwood one, these are prices for last year:

Duration:- 1 hour

Admission: –

• Adult €14.95
    • Child €23.95
    • Infant €12.95

I think an infant is classed as a baby who can't walk! So if your lad is up on his feet by December you might find yourself paying €55 to bring him and 2 adults to see Santy and he won't have a clue what's going on! (and taking your own photo on your phone! You can pay another €10 to have an official photo taken on Santa's sleigh - but without Santa in it!)

Edit: Just checked the website and an infant is under 12 months.

Advertisement