Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

My EPG updates just fine if I put it in deep standby before I go to bed. It wakes up to do it, just like it does for recordings. I have a power timer set to go back to deep standby after 30 mins in normal standby, which isn't standby at all by any normal standards. Exactly the same power consumption as it is when running.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭egal

I've a notion I have something set wrong in the settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Possibly as we dont know if its set to run daily to keep a 7 day epg and from what provider services have you chosen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Try this

Menu

Setup

EPG

Crossepg

Configure

Prefered Lamedb ======== Main Lamedb

Enable CSV Import======== No

Scheduled Download=======Once A Day

Scheduled Download At======Whatever Time Suits You

Show as Plugin============Yes

Show as extension=========Yes

Green Button to save Settings

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Thanks for your interest, MonkieSocks. But those labels don't correspond with what's on my box. I have Menu, Setup, EPG but no Crossepg!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

CrossEPG has nothing to do with Saorview. As soon as you watch a Saorview channel, it fills the Saorview EPG data for 7 days worth. However if you didn't watch any Saorview for over a week, that data would run out. Even if crossEPG is not installed the box should still display the FreeSat data for the satellite channels, however I have heard reports that it can be slow to fill (20 mins or more) if the box was turned off. CrossEPG is only really needed for the non-FreeSat channels.

The fact that ALL EPG data is missing implies an issue with how or where the data file is stored. egal says it is set to the HDD. Could the HDD be faulty? Could it be full? If it's spinning rust plugged into a USB port perhaps there's not enough power to run it right? This is where my line of thinking is going but I don't know. Maybe someone else can come up with a better guess.

As an aside, @egal have you tried recording stuff and does it play back OK? This might tell us if the HDD is behaving.

My main use of the box is for recording and playback and it works fine, apart from one occasion when I recorded Beck on BBC Four and the playback was unusable. I've only had the box for about 3 months so it's still the learning curve for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭BPH

Update if people are interested. Remade cable in attic. Shield part was frayed and not much left. Remade it and that was it. All good so far 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭pegasuspub

Hi is it possible to do series link recording with these zgemma, I have just set up my new receiver with UK and saorview channels, it stores the epg to the hdd from cross epg and will record, it also seems to record for a good few minutes after a programme ends but I suppose this is to compensate for over runs, I haven't been able to enable series recording in any fashion, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

By default it records for 5 minutes before and 3 minutes after as far as I remember but you can set this back to 0 in recording settings.

Autotimer is the equivalent of series link. Blue button while in the EPG I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I could be wrong but I understand series link is based on recurring timer recordings. So if your series runs for example every Monday at 9pm you should be able to do this with 'auto timer'. But if it's variable I'm not sure there are good solutions out there for the enigma2 software.

Series link like Sky does it is not available for enigma AFAIK.

But have a snoop around in the openatv/openvix forums or in places like digitalkaos, techkings etc or just on gogole. It's been a while since I looked into that but searches like 'enigma2 series link' or 'openatv series link' etc should get you going.

Edit: @Gerry Wicklow knows much more about this than me. What he says

Post edited by CalamariFritti on

Autotimers (series linking) is based on matching the title of the program. You have many options including weekdays, timespan, channel(s) etc. You also have the options for partial matches. With a bit of forethought it can become a very powerful and flexible function. My usual example :-

If you set it to record "The great British Bake off", partial match but don't specify a day it will also record the Bake off extra bits show. If you don't specify the channel it will try to record all the other old repeats on the lesser channels.

Obviously use common sense. If you set it to "News" partial match non-specific channel you will soon fill your HDD

NB:- in most cases the default settings will suit. You just hit the blue button in the EPG and then OK to accept the choices. You can always edit the autotimer later if you change your mind.

Personally I always set it to partial match and case-insensitive. Some channels (RTÉ) can vary the show name from one week to the next. 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 6 michellefitz3

I just got a Zgemma h7s for my parents and I’ve been trying to set it up, I’ve had absolutely no problems with soarview but I’m not sure if I’m tuning the satellite channels correctly. It seems there’s a lot missing, I’ve been specifically looking for cbs reality and it’s not coming up in either autoscan or if I try to manually scan for it. Does anybody have any idea what might be going wrong?

when scanning the satellite channels, use the option for "Network Scan". This may take 15 mins or more but should find all available channels.

I would ask if they have / had Sky Q ?

working here.

they did have sky q yeah, I’m not sure what lnb is on their satellite but I have been able to tune some channels, channel 4 and ITV and a good few others, would I be able to do that if they had the wrong lnb?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Good point - the lnb on the dish may be from a Sky Q installation, in which case it would need to be replaced to access all channels.

If you scan 28.2 you should get 840 odd channels if much less possibly a Q lnb

Is changing the lnb a big job?

• Advertisement

No not if you can get at it and confirm with a photo of one in use

It says it’s a wideband lnb, that’s the wrong one isn’t it?

Yes think it is as checking with Google it can be used with latest 4K freesat box and Sky Q.

If no longer using Sky Q services you will need to change lnb to a universal one and others may know what type fits that dish.

I assume it only 2 connections and not 6 that might be a Hybrid lnb to use freesat boxes in other parts of the house.

yeah it only has two connections, they only have one tv and no interest in any others in the house

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mburke

Afternoon,

Just got the Zgemma and the default image is vix 5.4.012 which I believe to be an old one. Will look back on the tread here to see how to do upgrade.

The main issue I have is that I can't get a signal on Tuner B, tuner A works fine and I swapped the sat cables between both to see if then Tuner B would pick up a signal but no joy. I then put the other sat cable in Tuner A and it picks up a signal so I suspect something is up with Tuner B. Any suggestions on this, the configuration for Tuner B is:

Conf mode: simple

Mode: Single

Satellite: 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G

Send DISEqC: No

Force legacy signal stats: No

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

May be a faulty tuner, i have the exact same config on Tuner B of my 28.2E,

Conf mode: simple

Mode: Single

Satellite: 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G

Send DISEqC: No

Force legacy signal stats: No

My Tuner A is Mode Advanced as it gets a few other sat signals from a separate motorized dish through diseqc switch.

Multiboot issue, when i press Menu-Standby & Restart-Multiboot Image Selector- Ok

Nothing happens, if i press ok again it reboots to the image on Slot 1, i installed Openatv on slot 2 but cant access it now for some reason?

You should see what is on your slots and move the bar down for your choice for box to reboot and start on.

Have you double checked both A and B tuners are enabled in setup, i would have tried also swapping of cables over to narrow it down . Never play with cables when boxes and tvs are powered on

Maybe recheck cable in tuner to give it a slight bend to make contact failing this it looks like tuner issue.

Sorry reread and just spotted you said Tuner b.

If box is connected to internet

MENU - SETUP - VIX- IMAGE MANAGER - YELLOW BUTTON DOWNLOADS - download image choice and when ready BLUE to flash that image into whatever slot is vacant

• Advertisement

Unfortunately that menu never appears after pressing ok on MultiBoot Image Selector in the attached, the image of the menu simply disappears after one press of ok, if I press ok again when blank it simply reboots but to Vix again not Openatv. I have swapped vix to slot 2 and Openatv to slot 1 but still can't switch from vix to Openatv, no issue swapping from Openatv to vix.

**Edit: Sorted, changed the skin and menu appears now.

Post edited by downwiththatsor on

Advertisement