Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options
1235236237238239241»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Petermc83

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Pinkman

Are the A&E Rivals & Biography shows on the Network as well? I can only find random episodes on torrent sites - Rock and Austin one not there for some reason.

I resubscribed to the network for a month, felt like watching some old stuff. It still baffles me though that we pay 12.99 and we have to watch a 20 second ad before every video. It's not even an ad for a product they're getting ad revenue for or something like that, it's an ad to subscribe to the network that we're already subscribed to. I think there is a free tier now so probably for that but there's no excuse for the ads not to be removed for people that are paying for it.

Also I'd love for them to introduce a tier where you can only watch old stuff for say around 6.99. I've no interest in the current day live ppvs and I think they're the main reason for the high price.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Might reconsider my subscription

Not really any new documentaries been put on the network here as almost all of the new ones are on A&E/Peacock in the States

Only for the PLE's I wouldn't use it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

They're up to mid-1996 Superstars if that interests anyone. I think it switched to a recap in 1997 when Shotgun took over the b-show slot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The wwe app has been updated and it’s a mixed bag at best. The app has a whole new look but there are some issues. According to the app I don’t have an account which I do because it logs in. They’ve changed the way things are grouped and chapters on episodes of anything have moved. The live watch channel has been put in the right hand corner. The old app on my LG tv won’t let me sign in now.

Will the new Cody doc be on the Network for all of us over this side of the world ?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Watched the Cody doc and it’s grand a typical WWE doc.

But bloody hell it’s two hours and they leave out and gloss over all the best stuff that made the Cody the American Nightmare.

Oh yeah and Roman is the greatest WM main eventer of all time they do love there spin.

HHH just can’t get over NXT losing to AEW he has to get his dig right after the BTE clip.

Codys story is done now. He may win the tile in the years to come however it will never mean what it would have meant at WM this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭biglad40

Can someone explain why they can’t stream the network at 50fps In 2023. It’s at 30fps since 2014. I’m not a tech expert but I was told it shouldn’t be a big job. Live sports are shocking bad at 25 to 30 fps. That’s the frame rate for films

nhl. Nfl all stream at 60 fps in the states and even now tv do sky sports at 50 fps for a small fee extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭fman

We make movies, pal.

But seriously it's shocking and one of those things, once you notice it, you can't un-notice it. Haven't used it in a while but have you tried the app on different devices or is it widespread. Built in TV apps are often the best for frame rate if that's an option.

• Advertisement

They tweeted that it would be on peacock and WWE network elsewhere which I assume was a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭biglad40

Also why is all old content pre 2007 have those side black bars. Now I know they were shot in 4:3 and my tv is 16 9 but I have a rake of wwf DVDs from 1999 to 2007 that were also shot in 4:3 but playback on a DVD player has no sidelines so why can’t they adjust it. It clearly can be done. All the classic ppv collections that were released 2005 to 2008 play in full screen so I don’t get the issue.

DVD and Blu-ray players will "stretch" the picture of a DVD if the video output setting is set to 16:9.

Conversely the specification of blu-ray discs is 16:9 which is why pre-2008 matches on WWE blu-ray discs will have forced pillarbox (side black bars, although they usually have a graphic rather than just black).

I'm not sure if this link will work but I took some pictures of my TV while my blu-ray player played the Shawn Michaels My Journey DVD.

First the player display was set to "full" which stretches the picture, then "original" which displays it as it's encoded on the disc. The Orton Michaels match was from Survivor Series 2007 before they went HD/widescreen. The Undertaker Michaels match was from Mania 2009 when they had gone HD/widescreen.

https://imgur.com/a/SYOBQ2e

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Superfan: The Story of Vladimir is a great doc and well worth a watch by any fan.

It's brilliant

Its shows that its OK to go solo to events

It was ten years today that WWE announced the launch of the WWE network on February 24th, 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

And now they've stopped producing DVDs so it's network or nothing

Most of the new Docs go on Peacock in the states and could take a while been uploaded onto into WWE Network in Europe

Very much only reason I'm still subscribed is for the PLE. Nxt also exclusively on it

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

WWE Network will be discontinued at the end of this year when WWE’s new deal with Netflix comes into effect & all archival/classic content will be moved to the platform outside of the United States.

— Wrestling Observer

• Advertisement

Bad news for whoever pays my Netflix subscription 😆

Advertisement