Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Saw a twitter exchange between the kerry pig farmer and another user on the back of a post on here from last February. To say I felt some second hand embarrassment for the chap is an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,499 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Had to go look this up.

Some pr1ck. Brain cells definitely weren't firing to start that craic up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

Drawing straw these last few days on the road.

Punctured and bursted the rear left hand tyre on the tractor on the first day. Miles from home but was lucky to pull into a spot off road and I got a secondhand tyre put on with a new tube to get me home. I was going to have to get two new back tyres anyway as a replacement would put me lobsided. Tyre guy rang up the next day and said you may work away on the tyre as the new ones weren't here yet. Worked away and now this evening parked up during milking that tyre has gone flat. So it's either coincindence or something pinching in the rim or there's some object I've drove over whilst both times I pulled in to close the field gate.

The joys. Oh the joys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Jb1989

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Is there anyway to view it without being signed up to Twitter? Or what was the general jist of it?

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Packrat

"The cool shades of evening their mantle were spreading...

Hon the Kingdom!

Pity the Kerry fool that will be working in West Cork tomorrow. There's no more bitter human on this earth than a Cork football supporter. They'll all have their blue out tomorrow shouting for the Dubs....

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

The general jist of it was someone posted a message on here back in february that your man might make a good orator for the IFA with his ability to talk BS.

This man where the compliment was paid to just in the last day put this post saved from here on Twitter. Someone else remarked he might not get a following. Then the man took umbridge with this and remarked on the remarkers appearance and then in following post mentioned his wife's name.

He really let himself go. The remarker kept his cool. Fair play to him. No doubt by his experience of social media and life experience which the supposedly good orator with international travel experience was lacking.

• Advertisement

Jerry didn't need to reply to Shane's post in a third person type of way, he should have spoke direct to him or said nothing at all.

All he did was say he might not get a following.

Which by the petulant outburst after was bang on correct.

We're all anonymous on here.

Very little annonaminity in reality. It's not hard to link a lot of one's on here to Twitter and other social media, yourself included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

In any game it's a matter of playing the ball and not the man. Great minds talk about execution of ideas, small minds talk about people.

Vast majority of social media is people talking about other people, twitter is full of it.

Depends on what way you wish to view it, it's a mindset thing

Well I've seen a number of spats, like the pig farmer and jerry, online. I don't participate personally , just scan through it.

Some love the heated interactions and some just watch from the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭DBK1

You must have never spent much time in a local pub if you call that little interaction a pr*ck with no brain cells! I’d see them few Twitter posts as a fairly harmless bit of slagging.

I wouldn’t have a clue who either of the men are and know nothing about them so maybe there’s a history or background I don’t know about but that exchange is hardly worth mentioning.

As regards the anonymity, there’s only 3 posters on here, apart from the YouTubers, that I’d know who they are in real life and that’s down to information they’ve put on here. There’s no one else I’d have clue of who they are. I’m not on Twitter or any other social media so maybe I’m a bit odd but there’s definitely anonymity here if someone wants it to be that way.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

From a quick-to-anger farmer insulting people on Twitter to a gentleman of farmer (who’s also on Twitter)…

I bought calves earlier this year and there was a mixup with transferring them on agfood. Got it sorted today and it had the potential to get messy - moving animals, money changing hands, raised voices, etc.

But it was the opposite. The man I bought them from is milking a lot of cows (I won’t say how many but I will say there’s a rotary involved). And he was a gent to deal with. No fuss. No hassle sorting out the calves. And generous with his time whenever I called to his yard. No issue on the money side and we got the business sorted without any fuss.

You can’t beat dealing with decent people.

For every loudmouth on Twitter, there’s another 100 farmers just going about their business and keeping the show on the road.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Advertisement

You're not on Twitter.

The next posts were Shane mentioning this Jerry fellas wife by name.

So you didn't see that.

But unlike bar talk. Anyone around the world on Twitter or X has seen Shane go there for no reason other than to give away any chances he had of becoming a farming spokesperson. He had chances and was working his way up. But then a stupid tet a tet publicly shows an ugly vexatious side that shows he couldn't be relied upon and now wouldn't be one farmers would look to speak for them.

He blew it.

Enviros can get away with that sh1t as they're playing the loose cannon and have the money to back any legal implications.

Just nah. Wrong on all levels.

Just looked at the full exchange on twitter. First impressions are vile and pig ignorant behaviour from someone looking to climb the ladder of farm politics.

Didnt that same fella post a picture of cate he was sending to the factory during the blockades back in 2019 i think they were?

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Gibbons taking the piss out of a autistic boys father is next level,

He's a sorry excuse of a human-being

Give these mouth pieces enough rope and their true colours show. If you are in public life or trying to be in public life behaving like that your days are numbered

Mute & block are two useful options on Twitter, no one needs to read anything they don't wish to. Ignore is good here too 👍I think a lot of the people getting insulted on platforms are often willing victims. Dump them in the bin and enjoy the lovely Irish Summer 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Bullies don't want a fight a fight back from you, they just want to beat you up, be it physically or verbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭cal naughton

Gibbons was on with Matt Cooper a while ago and he says to Matt i promise i won't mention the F word! A normal person would take that to mean F@$k .

But the F word in this case was farmers. Big guffaw out of the two of them. Showing again utter contempt for farmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭cute geoge

There is a fait share of priks in the ifa in kerry .Most of the Kerry county meetings with the last year were shouting matches with insults hurdled at each other by the elected members .Disgracefull carry on

• Advertisement

His family farm is for sale at the moment a massive block of ground in a great kocation and will make a fortune. From whats been said around here it was left between all the siblings. Theres been cows milked on that farm for the last decade or so and tillage beforehand and itll more than likely be a dairy farm or even turned into a quarry after the sale. You would think that prick with his love for the environment would ask to hold onto his share and leave it for the birds better again claim the strip bounding the quarry and leave that back to nature and prevent the quarry expanding. Money talks and that hypocrite is taking the 30 pieces of silver.

Better living everyone

Advertisement