Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay - Dublin 2024 - Update Post 1 on Toutless

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mr321

That whole buy now pay later thing could have tickets sitting in shopping carts that'll be resold also.

Its still going to be a lotto of luck though.

Nothing adds up about any of it since Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coldplay have 4 Irish dates sold out, anyone get the cheap infinity tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Has anyone decided to say f that, and try abroad instead - Budapest, or Munich for example? If so, how did he go about getting those tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

A pal got 2 for Vienna. Doesn’t matter, as all venues sold out now. Infinity would be your only hope, or a resale.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 carneal

525.20 for 2.. mad money but after waiting hours i lost the run of myself , near on 30 people i know yesterday got nothing despite being some being in top 10 thousand in the queue

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭giseva

I've seen the band many times here and abroad including the current tour but I think FOMO has definitely played a part. The amount of people I know who don't "like" them but got tickets is crazy.

Like many I spent hours over three days trying to get tickets and by pure luck, I managed to get 2 early entry's after backing out of an €1100 option for the pair and refreshing a few times as I'd nothing to lose at that stage.

For anyone that missed out I really do believe that tickets will become available, and that many just got caught up in the hype. I love Coldplay but they, Swifty, ticketmaster and all involved in driving up these prices need to get a hold of themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

The

4 concerts are a sellout.

From their point of view they dont need to get a hold of themselves at all.

From their point of view they could have charged more

The people who need to get a hold of themselves are the ones paying that amount because as sure as night follows day ticketmaster will do worse the next time something like this happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭giseva

Crazy. Over €900 for one type ticket with a behind the scenes tour of some stage scaffolding I'd imagine, and a photo op but that clearly states no artist involvement.

I paid €550 for the pair which is steep and about €100 more than what the same type tickets cost me in 2017. For that we get to stand at the pitch hours early but we do get an amazing view.

I don't understand how they can then sell "premium" tickets that cost far more, and have people needing binoculars to see the stage from their seats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Was there in 2017. Now have 2 teenage daughters who wanted to go (first concert) No joy over the 3 sales myself but my sister bought 4 so have kids sorted. €392 for 4 canal end seats. Would not have paid much more than that. Lucky enough to live near Dublin and have a place to stay close to Croke Park if needed. Had €250 tickets in my basket on Wednesday but just couldn’t justify paying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Dont Be at It

There'll be lots of tickets going for face value the couple of week before the gig.

That dynamic pricing is a disgrace. Legislation brought in to stop touting a year or so back - what's the difference between touting and what Ticketmaster were doing this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭claregal1

I just got two seated tickets for the Budapest show Wed 19th June . 166 for both . There appears to be a few tickets seated left on the Coldplay website . Might be of interest to some here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Fanirish

The difference is when it’s touting Coldplay don’t get any of the difference between original face value of a ticket and what’s a tout gets.

with dynamic pricing if general standing was sold normally at €110 but sold at €310 due to dynamic then the €200 extra goes to Coldplay and a small % to ticketmaster And mcd.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Has anyone confirmation that they sold same type seats at more expensive prices as the week went on? That’s seems to be most people’s suggestion?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

So Coldplay are pocketing tout money which is what they in on, so where's this difference again?

How do you know the breakdown or are you just speculating like your numerous posts in defense of this mob?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

They ask for everyone to give them back at the end to recycle. At Cardiff they said they had 90%+ "recycled" from one of their prior gigs and they were hoping to better that

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Not available until much nearer the event

The way they linked in the pre-sales to their own website I presume there will be some notice given there, but I cannot recall any publicity for them previously. I saw the category on TM, but did not know what they were until I saw things relating to the Dublin gigs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭claregal1

I got 2 for Budapest this morning on the Coldplay website 166 for 2 tickets, not the best seats but they will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Will be interested to see if this is the case - obviously out of 320,000 some people won’t go but I wonder will people be selling to friends and relatives rather than Ticketmaster resale - I know loads of people who tried and failed to get tickets myself.

The demand level is crazy, I feel like there will be thousands that will want tickets that won’t manage to get them but maybe I’m wrong.

That said I was keeping an eye on Wembley last summer and did see resale pop up now again so if I’d really wanted a ticket for one of those shows I’d have got one - I’m not sure how many other shows they played in UK or if it’s comparable to the Irish context.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Fanirish

I’ve never defended dynamic pricing, mcd of ticketmaster so stop saying i have. Never done such a thing.

the breakdown has been widely reported on in numberoud books on ticketmaster, covered by media companies like bbc and USA today

dynamic pricing is only enabled at the request of the artist. They want to capture as much money as possible and this along with platinum tickets, early entry packages and other assorted vip packages is the way the top superstars achieve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

You have and you do, you happily were accepting it as no different to flights not so long ago, amongst other things you invented a website that was ebay for touts when asked for examples of more prevalent current touting extremes outside of Ticketmaster. This website didn't exist and you passed it off as a joke.

Now I ask you for a breakdown of how you are aware that on a €200 mark up, the artist gets nearly all this with a fraction to TM which you have casually passed off as exact and you post a random US article on how dynamic pricing works.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Dont Be at It

Oh my question was rhetorical. Obviously the ticketseller/artist is getting the additional money. But it's still gouging. Just them getting the money instead of a tout. It shouldn't be allowed. There should be a single price for a particular type of ticket and everyone pays the same.

I assume they'll be doing what they did the week before the springsteen concert and release more tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

Does anyone know what would be the best days / times to check Ticketmaster for a potential ticket drop? Will it be pure random or do they have specific days / times where they release extra tickets for gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If more tickets are released, they'll be released at random dates/times. Just a matter of getting very lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭TheIrishPC

I'd also say to watch out for scams. I don't think the tickets are transferrable yet for anyone who bought tickets (although I may be wrong). Scams are going to be everywhere. I wouldn't trust anyone selling tickets unless they specifically say which date the tickets are for, exactly where in the stadium they are, their reason for selling, and a verified profile on a legitimate site.

I say this as Facebook marketplace and Twitter are awash with the scams right now, and I just saw on Adverts someone say they're selling 4 tickets, but I wouldn't trust them (e.g ad says no time wasters, doesn't say date, and profile only made a month ago which seems dodgy to me).

In 2017 I got my ticket on adverts from a genuinely lovely guy who couldn't make it, and he sold me his ticket for €90 and ignored the service charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

There's an hilarious group titled 'Ticketmaster Tickets Offer Buying and Selling'

Full of scammers, never seen so many 'All Ireland Football Final tickets' and pretty suspicious profile names etc. Didn't know Kerry and Dublin Football teams such an international following 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Fraud is rampant it seems since the Govt introduced the legislation on above face value resale.

The Govt were warned by their own Department that the legislation was deepy flawed.

“If, as is possible, the proposed legislation would lead to the departure of the established secondary marketplaces from the Irish market, the resale channels that will, to whatever extent, fill the gap left by their departure are very unlikely to offer the same guarantees to ticket buyers or to operate a business model that provides as effective a deterrent against ticket fraud"

Do not buy tickets on social media.

More tickets will be released by Ticketmaster as is always the case for Stadium shows, just be patient.

Resale on Ticketmaster will be available too.

Advertisement