Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COYGIG - Women’s Football World Cup 23 **Mod Warning in Post #58**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

A win for Jamaica here will make the last day very interesting.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Richie Sadlier 'Panama time wasting like gougers'

1-0 to Jamaica, Brazil have to beat them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭timmy2772

Francie the Liverpool fan some boy..misquotes people, thinks elite sports people should " just get on with it " , insists on having the last word, refuses to accept other people's opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jacksie T Malone

I watched some of the Panama vs Jamaica game yesterday, I'll admin the overall standard of football was better than I expected, goalkeeping standard was poor though. I'll try to catch some of the Irish game v Nigeria.

• Advertisement

New Zealand are heading out if they don't win, could be that them and Australia fail to qualify for the knockout round, don't think that's ever happened before.

Tense finish here

And New Zealand are gone, will Australia join them tomorrow.

So Group A is finished while Germany and Colombia have only played one game, bit strange.

Colombians belting out the anthem with real enthusiasm.

That purple/navy jersey they are wearing is nice.

• Advertisement

What a goal!

1-0 to Colombia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

Brilliant goal by Caicedo.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭stellamere

I feel very sorry for Vera. I thought a draw in the first game wouldn't have have flattered them, as they played some nice stuff in the last 20mins. If the whistle had blown after 5 or 6 mins of injury time in the first half of the 2nd game the 2nd half could have been a different story. They were certainly the better team in the first half, albeit Canada were in the 2nd.

The non stop focus on the complaints of bullying, which even on the face of it are questionable, is a shame for her on a personal level given her dedication and commitment to the Irish cause. On top of that, her players haven't exactly supported her. If you look at their quotes today about her whether her contract should be renewed, every one of them is the same "honestly...I haven't even thought that far ahead.." . As the saying goes, with friends like these, who needs enemies.

The players obviously know her inside out at this stage, but I think the manager who has guided them to the big time deserves better.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,901 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Amazing skill by Linda Caicedo She had Overian Cancer before the pandemic and got over it not easy that for any Women especially a young Women who had only just got her breasts maybe not even fully grown at that age or maybe they had just finished grown and then to have to go through that. She is an amazing player and has great skill.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I like that Panini are a sponsor at this tournament, do they still sell those sticker albums, seems a bit quaint in this day and age.

Costly error there, Germany back to 1-1

Costly error there, Germany back to 1-1

Getting Champions League final 99 vibes off this.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Fotish

Vera being thrown under the bus, not pleasant to watch.

What an ending!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭kksaints

That was a brilliant match. Huge win for Colombia.

You immediately win world cups after putting the minimum acceptable standards for team welfare, it’s a start

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Seneca the Stoic

I have enjoyed every match I’ve caught. Comparing it with men’s is reductive I think, and something we don’t agonise over in other sports. It’s its own thing, with its own rhythm, dynamics and superstars.

Additionally, I don’t agree that Ireland have been ‘embarrassing’. Narrow defeats against two good teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Seneca the Stoic

They sure do. My 11 year old and I completed the Prem 2021-22 album. A pleasingly wholesome and tactile experience, although I have to admit she slightly lost interest towards the end, and it was left for me to complete 😅 big shout out to the lads at laststicker.com 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jacksie T Malone

That's harsh on the players. They are focused on getting something from the final game against Nigeria, asking about the manager's future is tabloid muckraking. I'm sure none of the players want to be publicly involved in a discussion over the managers future and I'm sure the FAI won't be reading anything into the comments. So we probably shouldn't either.

If the FAI want the players feedback on the manager they will talk to them directly, not read it in the Daily Mail or The Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,464 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

We were actually very competitive in both games. We had as many shots on target against Canada as they did against us and won more corners and they are the current Olympic champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,380 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Meh, they should give full, unqualified and enthusiastic support to the manger in public. That way there is no story. And can give their real unvarnished thoughts on the situation in private to the FAI.

That's the way the game is played - possibly just a bit of inexperience on their part to not understand this.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Fotish

Maybe not inexperience at all, more like having their excuses lined up.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭naughtyboy

Its sad to see the Irish players not backing the manager and by doing so they have probably sealed her faith.

The Irish team are a very average team and they have come together under a very good manager to push 2 top 10 teams really close

2 silly mistakes bascially knocking them out and the manager pointing this out and the senior players in the squad have decided that they protect their own.

I am all for taking the players feedback on pauw but the younger players feedback should be weighted way higher on Pauws future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It's very bad to watch in fairness. A local Sunday League male side would beat these teams never mind the Shelbourne U15s or whatever.

The standard of play is comical at times.

Advertisement