Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ admits paying Tubridy €345,000 more than declared

Options

Comments

• He does evidently have male devotees too. Faithkeeping is not confined to women, look inside any temple or “virtual temple” in the world, typically 50/50 divided coming the people with penises and cervixes.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I will say this only once. Many of the posters in this thread are not discussing the actual topic. Get back to discussing that or the thread will be closed

• Concerning Ryan Tubridy, the subject of this thread, a recent article relates to how he has been assisted by a professional counsellor relating to the stresses around the news story breaking out, on the day it emerged. I’d say it was a very busy few days building up to this, but of course the rumblings were obviously there from the day he made the surprise announcement that he would be giving up the iconic Late Late Show

Back on topic: tubridy took payments outside his published salary and placed himself as saviour of Ireland after publishing his pay cuts: chap waffles about what ever is in his head combined with pre-prepared cue cards that he has never seen prior to entering the studio at 8:58am

deemed worth it because of his high poachability status

chap cries stating he has nothing else thus ending this illusion

Summary:

rte has been corrupt at the top for years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

On topic: Tubs is not the story and is just the tip of the iceberg.

€16k to do up Dee Forbes office

The flip flops for €5k

Former CFO Breda O'Keefe payoff package and who approved it

The rugby world cup gig

The champions league gig

The slush fund for entertaining and who was entertained.

The off the books slush fund in the UK called a barter account

Excess payments to contractors (talent apparently) where there is according to RTE itself, there is no competition for these people from any other sources. Duffy, D'Arcy, Tubs, the newsreaders, Miriam O'Callaghan, Radio 1 early morning team.

Marty's car which is small money but begs a serious question with regard to sponsors personal relationship with "talent". By extension the relationship of Lottie Ryan with other sponsors and using the company name and premises for personal gain.

Hiring of "talent" at huge cost, Ray D'Arcy, to bring in listeners but when they do t materialise, keep payments going. Begs some serious questions as to the structure of the contracts. By extension, Doireann Garrihy, similar reason for hiring.

Taxpayer's handouts on top of licence fee money wasted at every level and then have the handout for more.

A current and past CFO that does not appear to control the spending and is undermined at every level. You could argue they are not actually performing their job. CFO's can and do overrule CEO's in many other corporations.

The sheer number of extra staff at every level. Compare researcher numbers Vs other stations (each are always listed at the end of every radio show). Is the content better due to so many extra staff in RTE, nope.

The lack of any accountability at board level as a retirement package and silence is just around the corner. "Not my fault, that was the person before me".

I'm sure that list is not exhaustive !

• Advertisement

• Tubridy is the most visible tip of a great big iceberg, that’s why the focus is mostly in him. He painted himself as being one of the most important people in the nation, so by doing that put himself at the top of the firing line. There are many more figures under the waterline. For anyone who’s been to Arctic regions you see as an iceberg melts it suddenly tips head over heels right over and the underbelly pops to the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Hmmm …..good analogy, site.

You see, this auld guff has had legs for far too long, these stults, just because they appeared on TV or were regulars on Radio were some kind of super humans who knew everything.

These stults of course tried to maximize their ‘gravy’ by ‘off site’ activities,and as they say ‘working the system’ aided and abetted by the tools running the shop who allowed a cove like NK to virtually run the gaff and ride the

taxpayer ragged.

The wagons circled soon after the crack in the iceberg, but the public got there before them and the entrails were exposed.They couldn’t then stand up to the plate and defend themselves.

This lot need a total blowout, the winds of change need to shift these chancers off their pedestals and let’s get back to reality.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just on the Champions League Trip - that's an an annual junket btw. I'd like to see figures for all of those trips.

There's other annual/bi-annual events, 6 Nations at Twickenham is a regular for example. Again, no mention of these so far as they're not eye-watering €100,000+ trips, but they add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

I keep seeing mention of flip flops, whats the story there?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,137 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

• Advertisement

In the name of keeping the peace maybe lets move on from the Sinead O'Connor article. I don't think any minds or opinions are going to change based on discussions here.

There are lots of other things to accuse Ryan of.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Says you, if there is a report and it's referencing individuals they should have access to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭amacca

I think some of my posts just mysteriously disappeared??

I wasn't accusing RT of anything he didn't write and make crystal clear in the article tbh

I felt it was clear the article was about Ryan rather than Sinéad. When you want to write a tribute to a person or a memorial you don't make it about yourself and insert yourself into the middle of it. It was as transparently self interested and opportunistic a piece of writing as I've ever seen or its the work of someone with zero tact/awareness and I'd stick to that assessment...just have a read of the article, talk about ham fisted....chat gpt would have come up with better.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Why the timing of this story now about him dating again?

This, and the story about Sinead, all to get him back into the papers and seem normal again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭sxt

I think Bathurst (who said he would make a decision by the end of July)has given Ryan the green light back into RTE. Ryan is spending all of his advanced Renault money on a PR team to churn out these stories for another few weeks. Thus ensuring a soft and running return back into Montrose . Serious money

Check this one out this "news story" which may as well have been written by Ryan himself

https://www.echolive.ie/corkviews/arid-41193754.html

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

Apparently it happened to quite a number of people who responded to Dr. Quack

• Registered Users Posts: 14,801 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Were the junkets for RTE staff/contractors or clients of RTE ?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭chrisd2019

Standard practice with any official report that makes findings relating to individuals, supposed to be their opportunity to correct error, of course it also allows the author to say afterward that those mentioned had an opportunity to address any errors, looks good if or when lawyers are consulted by either side. The newspaper story is really a piece of nothing, other than to keep the issue in the public mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Clients of RTÉ in the form of media agencies. But staff always accompany them….they don’t just give them tickets and flights and accommodation and say “have a nice time”. Staff go too,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I never knew he was dating again. Where did you read that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Guess he has more free time than usual to play with so he's got to fill it with something other than chain smoking books, walks on the beach and causing children's jaws to drop in awe of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

His love life or lack thereof including the doctor shouldn't be part of the thread. It has nothing to do with the RTE controversy. Leave that discussion aside.

Perhaps not directly, but it's an indication of certain forces trying to rehabilitate Tubs and save his career, by feeding stories to media outlets.

NKM have form in this respect, for all their clients.

Dating again.. Wut?

Admittedly I never spent any time pondering Ryan Tubridys relationship status but I always assumed he was married.

The man is entitled to a love life. Again, he’s getting abuse for being able to date good looking women from oddballs on Twitter- some of them you’d imagine whose only ever relationship is with a laptop, Palm, and her 5 sisters.

Like RT and Ned Kelly I too am a very bad man.

I will admit to that. Being good takes effort. Its my nature said the scorpion to the frog.

I am also on my final warning here on this very day.

"For we who are about to die salute you!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement