Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod control of Tubridy payment Thread

Options
  • 30-07-2023 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Recent developments on the RTÉ admits paying Tubridy €345,000 more than declared

Who is moderating and accessing Beasty?

Recent posts of Beasty contain threats and dismissive barbs against posters on the thread.

There seems to be a Wilful misunderstanding of the issue in order to take aim at posters on the thread. Tubridy recently penned an article on O’Connor’s passing which was discussed. Beasty stated that posters were using O’Connor’s death to criticise Tubridy when in fact posters were criticising Tubridy’s front and centre positioning of himself in relation to O’Connor’s death.

Beasty used mod status to hide fair response/criticism. He followed posters across threads (to the O’Connor thread and removed their posts there too- targeting several posters). He has removed my posts without notifying me.

People are entitled to respond to Turbrdiy’s article on O’Connor. It’s a thread on the behaviour of Tubridy. 

The mod maintains posters are using O’Connor’s death to criticise Tubridy. This is a disturbing take and completely unfair. Tubridy wrote an article on O’Connor and posters are entitled to respond. Posters did not suddenly tie O’Connor to Tubridy. Tubridy did that. A disgraceful and divisive intervention by a mod. This incursion continues with another threat to close the thread. There is no objectivity to such moderation. Several posters are so dismayed they’ve dm’d me to say they’re thinking of leaving boards due to such over zealous, helicopter censorship and bullying across threads. See posts below:

Beasty

Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators

Seriously - some of you guys having issues with Tubridy's reaction to Sinead O'Connor's death?

Are you so oblivious to the fact you are using her death to take potshots at him?

Seriously - have some cop on

Do not respond to this warning. Any questions PM me

Beasty

Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators

OK, I will say this only once. Many of the posters in this thread are not discussing the actual topic. Get back to discussing that or the thread will be closed

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

Advertisement