Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flood of SpamBots/Rusbots

Options
  • 28-07-2023 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

I have noticed recently that there are a lot of new posters appearing and either starting highly contentious threads or contributing contentious posts after a very brief contributions history. It seems to me that Boards.ie is been flooded with Bots trying to stir up controversy.

What do other people feel about this situation.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I think there have been a number of registrations in recent times that could be described as bots posting stuff that appears to be AI generated. Not as many of those as we see re-reg trolls though. I am not seeing it as a major issue at present. How it continues to evolve is anyone's guess. All I can do is ask posters to report suspicions and we will nuke accounts we consider to engaging in this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Shoog

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Shoog

They know they have been rumbled and are now just performing on the Farage thread.

Some sort of delay on posting for new members seems appropriate.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just to add, the incidents in the Farage thread today were caused by a single re-reg, not a bot

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Really need new user posting quotas - would get bored very quickly if only allowed 1 post a day until reputation built up or one new thread after a week and so on.

Even things like being allowed to post a link you see people posting random comments to build up reputation to post stuff

• Advertisement
Advertisement