Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neighbours wall falling down and he just covered it with a fence

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭phormium

Well if they have just attached the new panels to the old rotting panels that are attached to the dodgy wall then hopefully when it falls it will fall into their garden as the weight should pull it that way!

Yes the neighbour needs to make it safe at no expense to the Op.

Aka

"Don't be stupid enough to pay for someone else's wall."

I never said to build a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Very shoddy work, your neighbors new panel fence is against a rotting fence and is using that brick wall as support, when the wall collapses his fence is gone too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

You were the only one to suggest the idea of the OP paying for the wall on the neighbours side though. Most of the rational posts just said to build a party wall on the boundary.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

I didn't say or suggest that.

I never suggested the op to pay anything either to build or repair the wall.

The neighbour is fully accountable and responsible for that wall. You seem to think the OP should financially contribute to this mess.

"Work out getting a new wall done and split the cost"

Not at all. I think both neighbours should build a party wall. I don't think the op should contribute in any way to the neighbour's wall on their property. But if they both want to build their own sub standard fence or wall then that's their own decision.

If my neighbour had left their wall in that condition then it wouldn't take me long in having them rectify it. But I would have already suggested replacing it with a wall that would have suited us both better, and leaving us each with more garden space.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭kevgaa

I think the important thing now is that the OP has a conversation with the neighbour to get a clear understanding of their plans and timelines..

Until the OP has that information everything else is pointless

My concern would be if sustained wind catches either side of that fencing. Is the wall going to come down?

I don't see any fenceposts between the fences anchoring the fences to the ground.

• Advertisement

Yeah, that'd be a big worry. It was bad enough as it was, and the fence just makes it worse. They didn't even bother removing the old fence before putting up the new one. Complete cowboys.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,290 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that could be an 'in' to talk with the neighbour - 'not only have they damaged the wall, but they're doing a shoddy job on your side too'. you could play it as a favour, letting them know.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Eirexox

UPDATE: The neighbour seems to be avoiding us, we really want to chat face to face as opposed to texting or whatever. When he gets out of the car he does a walking skip to get into his house lol. Anywho we did talk to one of the builders and he was very pleasant he came in and looked at the wall. He said he will be in throughout the day and cement and point it (sorry terms could be wrong lol) he did not however come in to fix it today like he said so hoping tomorrow he does come to fix it.

We said how we weren’t happy with how things went and how the wall was left and he said …… ” We were going to build a wall but the neighbour decided on this nice fence instead” fml 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭SteM

You know when he's in the house, just knock on the door and talk to him. He's not the only one avoiding talking about this it seems.

Advertisement