Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Party

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,741 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Well all I can say is that almost everyone now requires garda vetting for a whole host of roles or jobs and rightly so.

Whereas you have thousands of men coming in with no passports no ID and no way for authorities to find out who they are or what their potential criminal record or indeed mental health history is -

- Now - imagine hundreds of those men living beside you in a small village - is that safe?

Be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,858 ✭✭✭hynesie08

How do you get anything done? It seems like you can't walk down the street without dozens of people stopping you to give very detailed stories that exactly align with the points you're trying to make on boards, like it happens so regularly its almost hard to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,389 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You are deliberately conflating garda vetting for sensitive roles in schools, hospitals and security services with immigration, which is a different matter.

I got security clearance for a new staff member last month. It reads; "An Garda Síochána has advised that direct contact has not been made with foreign authorities where foreign addresses were included. ".

Tell me again what difference passports and ID would make to the outcome of Garda vetting? 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

It's a disgrace and another erosion of our culture.

Traditionally in this country the men who came to Maynooth from out of town were exclusively into raping young boys but now we are supposed to welcome these "new Irish" and their weird ways.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

What has Garda vetting to allow someone to work with Children or vulnerable Adults got to do with refugees being given accommodation??

Are they sharing it with Children?

Also - Maynooth hasn't been a "small village" in decades - It's a suburb.

It wasn't even a village 30+ years ago when I lived there for College let alone now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

You said "filled with undocumented men", so don't try and walk back the obvious scaremongering language you used. I plainly said in my own prior post that a "sober conversation" is needed about migration - but you're having a giraffe if you think trotting out straw-grannies is contributing to that dialogue. Or indeed some roundabout way of defending the Nazional Party in a tangential fashion.

We have had a good 20+ years of immigration, and the best this resting, roiling anger you mention is lurking about, is manifest by some small-scale protests around the country - all amounting to a nuisance, and definitive minority of resting xenophobes. Meanwhile, not a single party who has sat election with an aggressive anti-immigration policy has won any seats. Why do you think that is? Whither the "Silent Majority"? By all accounts you're free to maintain a xenophobic belief yourself - but don't invent some cohort of demographics to back yourself up.

Oh and I'll definitely talk to locals 'cos my in laws are from that part of the world; you're not the only person here with Kildare connections; I'll certainly take their word for it over some random internet user inventing tearful 'aul wans weeping in front of them, 'cos brown skinned men are hanging around the college.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'd probably be called a woke leftist if I pointed out that the biggest threat to girls in maynooth is thursday nights in the roost......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,741 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

And with reference to the current context, why are they registering no uptick in the opinion polls with all the apparent public dissatisfaction with the immigration policies of the established parties?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

I wonder who is smaller Justin Barrett or the midget in the phoenix park ?

the posters who are sneering and belittling concerns should come to maynooth and talk to locals.

There have been a number of incidents recently that got ZERO news coverage but are common knowledge in the area which have increased concerns not “salved people’s worries”.

I am not interested in a “back alley fight” over semantics or quibbling over terms.

I am just making the point there is a huge amount of anger and fear and that there may be a “gap in the market” electorally for a party that actually addresses people’s valid concerns.

FF FG SF Lab Soc Dems the Greens etc are actively ignoring the problem - not exactly reassuring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

No question theres a gap in the market. Its not the NP or James whatshisname. Who is a tier 1 cretin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I'm a local. And I've not heard one person raise a concern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,428 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There have been no incidents. You are making all of this up.

Your crying FG supporter doesn't exist just like your Burke supporting Mayo residents don't exist.

And like I said, I will absolutely talk to the locals that I'd have contact with. I have literal family there. So you can stop trotting out this idea Maynooth is somewhere off the beaten track people here won't have access to. It's Maynooth, not Belmullet Co. Mayo.

I'm also making the point that you can have concerns, but there's not a single shred of evidence that there's a "gap in the market" when you look at simple things like polls, elected representatives and the parties we're offered. All the main parties are ignoring "the problem" you say? Maybe there's no actual problem to begin with to the degree you're describing. Aggressively anti-migrant parties haven't gained any TDs or local reps.

But if you talk about tearful 'aul ladies lamenting foreigners bedding down in the college, you're gonna get mocked, TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Because you regularly post the opinions of randomers you meet and represent them as the mind of the general populace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ah yeah. Is this like what happened in Finglas? Where there wasnt a non Irish national involved? Or Dungarvan where a woman was arrested for claiming assault but nothing happened? Or Balbriggan where the fire wasn't arson but was an electrical fault or the Kinnegad stories that never happened.

You are just spreading bullshįt stories that never actually happened.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

A few days ago I met a very respectable old lady from Maynooth who had tears in her eyes from laughing as she told me the story of another respectable old lady from Maynooth who goes around stopping people on the street talking pure shte about "undocumented men up in the college"

She also said there is a lad going around rambling about fake crimes that are being suppressed by the media.

• Advertisement

On the other hand, easy to create a siege mentality with fictional silent majorities and unreported crimes - who needs evidence when you just know, deep in your water, what's going on out there on the mean streets of Maynooth. We haven't lived that life.

I have never commented on Kinnegad, Balbriggan Finglas etc - so not sure what the angle is here.

I would simply ask ppl to talk to locals near these migrant centres and make your own minds up - thanks.

Back to topic - going by talking to a broad range of ppl (ranging in age from 18-90s and all kinds of backgrounds) the last year or so - there could well be a gap in the market for a party that addressed the concerns re immigration.

A few days ago I read about a woman spiked and sexually assaulted. I spoke to numerous people involved. It never happened. This is what is happening all over Ireland now; bullshįt stories like what @Beechwoodspark is trying to pedal - deliberate disinformation.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,428 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I am local

You are lying through your teeth. Again.

The angle is the spreading of deliberate disinformation which you are attempting to do.

Terry Pratchet

I am NOT peddling any stories.

Talk to locals - leave me out of it - and make your own mind up.

🤣 You are trying to peddle all sorts of bullshįt stories.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Crying old women and unreported incidents, just tell us one that happened.

Advertisement