Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Garzard

Almost a year with the 40kWh SVE now, still loving it and will be arranging its first service soon. It's just shy of 9,500km now. Just curious of what, if any, issues / maintenance others have needed carried out after a year? The other night, the granny cable developed an issue where it's flashing all three indicator lights - Ready, Charge and Fault together. Immediately stopped use and brought it for an inspection yesterday. It looks like it'll be replaced under warranty but the technician couldn't immediately diagnose the fault; it was always well looked after - kept clean, gently handled, with no external damage at least and always wound & stored correctly. Unfortunate thing to happen as I rely on it a lot.

Another thing I've noticed is a rough clunking noise in the front, lasting about a second that vibrates up the pedal when accelerating from a stop - it's regular but doesn't happen all the time. Seems to mostly happen when accelerating very gently e.g. easing the foot down with just enough power to get the car inching forward. Did anyone else have this problem? A few suggestions on other sites were loose lug nuts and the problem disappeared after they were retightened. I'll mention it when leaving it in for the service.

Not sure if this has been asked or answered already, but is there any way to disable this popup? It's a huge annoyance after almost a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,815 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

If I suspected wheel nuts were loose I certainly wouldn't wait until a service to check them.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

152 Leaf just lost 2nd bar, can anyone recommend a OBD to use with leafspy to take a look at general health?

(What was warranty with those batteries? 5/8 years? below 9 bars? )

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

"Vgate iCar BLE 4.0" from Amazon works for me with an Android. Wi-Fi version of the same is probably compatible with the iPhone.

24 kWh battery had 5 years/100000 km warranty and for the capacity over 8 bars. Nothing to worry about the 2nd bar dropping tbh. You have just reached <78% SOH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

its a known manufacturing fault with them, i had it with my 2020 after a few months in.

bring it to garage they will fix it as part of your warranty.

the fault was with cars manufactured up to 2021 if i recall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Is the app down at the moment cannot get login at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This real wet weather has reminded me of a question I meant to ask.

When I drive the Leaf in very wet conditions I don't get a great feeling of grip on the roads. Almost feels like the car is mildly sliding when turning into corners. OH agrees.

Anyone else experience such a feeling, or is it just mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Possibly budget tyres better known as Chinese ditchfinders ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭pron

Question for the assembled masses - I've a 222 leaf coming up on first service .. what should I expect, and just how much vaseline should I purchase?

Windsor quoted €199 just now, and gave the whole spiel about service at dealer to maintain warranty (I may have been a little blunt in correcting that assertion!) ... but that feels like a rip-off for what will effectively amount to a 5 min glance and 2 min around-the-block test drive, and then a quick wash with a dirty brush.

Pollen filter was mentioned, but that's an "every 2 years" per the manual ... even so .. thoughts/options? (Dublin based, but can meander around within reason)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Servicing is not necessary for an EV. Just keep an eye on consumables.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I wouldn't bother with that "service". I've dealt with 2 Windsor garages and their "service" leaves a lot to be desired.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭the 12 th man

It's no great hardship getting a service done every 30K if it keeps your warranty active,you can get the consumables done wherever you want afaik as the battery/motor is where the guarantee is needed.

Maybe you haven't dealt with Windsor. My experiences have been less than satisfactory. Mechanics speeding in my Leaf after shims fitted. Cancelling service the day before a 6 week wait due to staff holidays. Not having a courtesy car when booked 2 months before. Chief mechanic not having a clue about how to change a PTC on a Leaf despite it being a common failure point. Failing to keep agreed price and delivery date of car with a "not my fault jack" attitude. Ignoring calls for deposit refund. I could go on.

Sometimes it is a great hardship.

Stay Free

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I don't have my Leaf anymore but annual service was €77 in main Nissan dealers in the midlands, I sat and watched one on and off, they walked around it for a while was about it

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭the 12 th man

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

I was ringing around there a few weeks ago looking for a price for a service for my leaf, the best price I could find was €136 euros at Grattan Motors Nissan, the next best was Windsor Liffey Valley at €179.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The following has come up on a 2021 leaf over the weekend. When I restart the car the error is gone. Tried reading the car with a OBD reader but nothing comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭blackbox

Try rolling the car off its roof and back onto its wheels! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭cml387

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Didnt work.

Is the pro-pilot system working when the warning light is on? If no, then it's the radar system and needs a replacement part.

Stay Free

when the warning light isnt on i think it works. Will double check later

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭zg3409

Do you have leaf spy app pro on your phone? It's more likely to display error codes. If car is under warranty contact dealer asap as they often have a waiting list of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,419 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I'm looking at a buying a 2015 leaf. It's a base xe trim for about 6k asking with 10 bars of battery left. Is this a reasonable price or should I haggle?

Does anyone know what is missing from the XE trim compared with mid spec?

Or does anyone have a link to the specsheets? It's hard to find details for irish trim levels.

If pro-pilot doesn't engage when the warning is active, then the other driver aids related to radar and/or front sensors won't work either. That includes emergency braking and distance following (drive by wire).

Stay Free

Stay away from the base trim. 6k for a 2015, even if low miles is currently over priced. Plenty of Leafs for sale. If I was selling my 2014 SVE with 10 bars, I wouldn't expect to price it much above that.

Off the top of my head, the base trim has no alloys, folding/heated mirrors, sat navigation, infotainment, heated seats, cruise control and plenty more.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Not sure if the 2015 xe has heat pump heating. worth checking.

Probably doesnt have leather seats either.

• Advertisement

I hope no one relies on these devices to drive a car

Advertisement