Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So UFOs aren't a theory anymore - but we still don't know what they are

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Correction since we're being precise:

Someone said under oath that the *believed* there was better evidence.

This was based on what he was told by unidentified sources who were not under oath.

This evidence was not actually provided and there's very little convincing reasons to believe it exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defence for Intelligence Christopher K. Mellon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

UAPs are now officially recognised as being a tangible and factual mystery of substance (for they do exist) and they are a real thing.

Some posters might want to review their whole approach if they are suggesting UAPs don't exist. This new reality is based on incidents like the 2004 TicTac/Nimitz event and other encounters of a similar nature that account for the 5% of pilot sightings that really get the attention for being unexplainable, by the laws of physics (as we understand them.).

Nope. More misrepresentation.

They were not officially recognised as being "tangible or factual."

Nor did anything get declared "unexplainable". Unexplainable is not the same as unexplained.

We were just being told that cattle mutilations were unexplainable.

Also no one is arguing that UAPs don't exist. Just that mundane explanations for them are far more likely than aliens.

So you finish by saying that UAPs do exist, but their presence is due to mundane explanations ... like what?

What would suggest as being mundane about the experience as witnessed by Commander Fravor, Alex Deitrich and others. What might your mundane explanation be?

Leaving aliens aside, who drives these bloody things, and who could withstand the G forces?

• Advertisement

Misrepresenting by yourself here.

I stated some cattle mutilations were 'unexplained' not unexplainable

you are very much 'It can't be, therefore it isn't'

Recent enough article regarding cattle mutilation which is unexplainable and not a result of predation

Nothing in the article is unexplainable.

Nope. Not what I said.

Just that mundane explanations for them are far more likely than aliens.

Also, it's strange demanding that I provide a specific explanation with the implication that if I can't, then a mundane explanation isn't possible.

That's entirely contradictory to your position given that you can't provide any explanation at all that aligns with the ideas of aliens/nonhumans/whatevers.

Never said I was demanding a scientific explanation in my last post, but what I said was "Leaving aliens aside, who drives these bloody things, and who could withstand the G forces?"

I'm not saying it's Aliens, because without any proof who can say for sure where they originate?

Apologies King Mob...I did use unexplainable in that instance but for the record I do not believe that all are unexplainable but some are unexplained.

I was referring to post #666 - https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/120921330/#Comment_120921330

• Advertisement

No, you were demanding a specific explanation:

So you finish by saying that UAPs do exist, but their presence is due to mundane explanations ... like what?

What would suggest as being mundane about the experience as witnessed by Commander Fravor, Alex Deitrich and others. What might your mundane explanation be?

I might suggest people start reading posts more carefully.

We're still waiting for any other suggestions for what "Non human intelligences" are beyond aliens. As far as I can see it's the only plausible option that doesn't make things even more far fetched. So not really getting why you and your fellows keep objecting to the suggestion that you're talking about aliens.

Also, it's a big assumption that "these things" are driven at all.

Ok. So none are unexplainable. All are explainable by mundane things. The one you posted as an example of "unexplainable" is explainable by mundane things.

Yup. That was the point I was making.

you keep saying everything is explainable by mundane things yet offer no example. Predation has been ruled out in many cattle mutilation incidents. Many UAP incidents have had most reasonable explanations ruled out but yet you have stated they are explainable by mundane things.

As another poster asked, in the case of Cmdr Fravor, Alex Deitrich amongst others what mundane thing could explain what they witnessed?

I do not believe what has been witnessed as being aliens.

And I might suggest people start thinking more clearly.

I am saying that UAPs (UFOs) exist, they are witnessed specifically by pilots in the sky, that's all I'm saying. 5% totally unexplained and so far impossible to explain, as all "mundane" theories have been exhausted.

I am not advocating Aliens, indeed if you bothered to read back over my posts you would see that I picked up on this new moniker "Non human" as uttered by Mr Grousch, I also picked up on Biologics (not Aliens).

I look forward very much to some tangible proof / evidence in the form of authenticated photographs & hard evidence.

I believe David Fravor 100% - Ryan Graves, too, Dave Grusch and his extraordinary claims are on another level (that need further examination) to say the least.

Evidence / proof which will presumably be given in a SCIF will either sink Grusch or take us into a new dimension 'literally 😃

Again, not sure why it's an issue that I can't provide examples of mundane explanations.

You fellows aren't able to provide any alien explanations for any of these incidents, but this doesn't mean that the alien explanations are discounted.

This is a contradiction.

Also, your article is a perfect example of how believers tend to over state things to declare things unexplained/able.

For example, it just says that "predation was ruled out" but doesn't actually detail what that means. Nor did you check or verify that's actually the case.

Again. massive leap to declare that "all mudane explanations" are exhausted.

And again, still not actually explaining what else might be meant by the term non human or biologics. and they still come off as a buzzwordy marketing gimmick.

The idea you were suggesting that the UAPs are some kind of biological tissue is more far fetched and less explanatory than aliens.

King Mob, I see you love a good argument, and alas I don't, so I might back out of here for a while as we're just going round and round in circles ......

Not crop circles I hasten to add.

Ciao

Kinda happens when one person doesn't want to address points and keeps contradicting their own stances.

You could just state what options for "non human intelligences" or "biologics" are that are more plausible than Aliens. This would move the discussion forwards.

Or alternatively, we could just agree that there aren't any.

Do you believe that given the vastness of the universe that humans are the only living organism?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Im skeptical to a lot this but there's no denying what the pilots are saying . Multiple witnesses and evidence from level headed people flying $70m jets who are used to seeing cutting edge technology . Fair ignorance not to believe them . Id never listened to a joe rogon podcast before because some the clowns that are on it but I listened to both pilots stories and I find it hard to take any one serious who says they didn't see what they claim .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

This argument has nothing to do with UFOs. I know some people like to frame it as "if you don't believe these fuzzy photos are aliens then you are close minded to the idea of life in the universe". But it's not really.

Again nothing to do with the topic, doesn't address my point and is a very ridiculous question.

There are a great number of different living organisms on Earth.

I'm just trying to establish what other viable possibilities there are for "non human intelligences" or "biologics" beyond aliens that you might be be referring to.

But I think we're establishing there isn't an answer to it and the buzzwords are just another term for aliens.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I am saying that UAPs (UFOs) exist, they are witnessed specifically by pilots in the sky, that's all I'm saying. 5% totally unexplained and so far impossible to explain, as all "mundane" theories have been exhausted.

So if 5% are as yet unexplained, that means that 95% of wierd things which pilots have reported have subsequently been explained by the mundane. There is nothing to suggest that the remaining 5% yet to be figured out won't also be explained by the mundane.

Nothing so far has been explained to be the result of exciting aliens, so why are people expecting the few remaining unexplained things to be aliens?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

This story is based on 40 whistleblowers. They exist then that next step is to get them to speak up.

In the absence of proof some of these individuals worked in legacy UF0 programs, I am not 100% sure Grusch can be trusted.It will take a concerted effort from Congress and the legal system to investigate and force the release of information.The only thing I'm interested in is watching this unfold and seeing what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Anyone wanna take a go at answering this?

Is the commander pilot with the grey hair talking crap about what he saw (this Tik tak yolk) or what’s the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

Corroborated by multiple sensors on the ship and 2 planes and some of it by 4 sets of eyeballs, 2 sets of eyeballs for all of it.

The testimony he gave in that hearing was under oath so perjury would have consequences.

So you can take it that he believes (like all witnesses!) he saw a tictak ( or propane tank) 40 foot long shaped object doing things in the air that he suggested are beyond human material science and capabilities of all human built aircraft.

When he attempted to approach it using a standard spiral decent the object matched his spiral symmetrically and accended to meet him, before darting away.

Interestly though not gone into in this hearing the object seemed to fly off and the next time it was seen was at the "cap point". As they were flying back , the ship radioed again saying that radar had picked up the strange aircraft. 'Sir, you won't believe it', the radio operator said, 'but that thing is at your cap point'.

The "cap point" is a secret location in the air known only to the pilots and ship crew, specific to each plane. This I'd imagine was to demonstrate that communications had been compromised, something that likely raised eyebrows higher up.

Post edited by celtic_oz on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The same explanation as all the other "impossible g-forces" craft that turned out to be glare, or miscalculated distanced / sizes & bad data?

The fact that you have said "who drives these bloody things" is wishful thinking.. There is nothing to drive, they aren't vehicles as has been proven again and again with other "impossible movement" sightings that had mundane answers. Just because there is a small gap in the unexplained, doesn't mean you can insert whatever the hell you like into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,036 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The story is based on Grusch who claims he has "40 whistleblowers". In reality, it's probably a collection of people who have fed him alien stories which he has swallowed.

Watch how fast they wash their hands of this and don't turn up to support him.

In the absence of proof some of these individuals worked in legacy UF0 programs

Like the guy who has constantly been appearing on Ancient Aliens. Or the ex-head who goes to alien conventions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

What about the aircraft’s sensors and the other pilots?

Im not arguing for it- I just see a lot of noise being made about it and wonder is any of this true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,036 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It is true, they can't explain what they saw.

However that's the case with unexplained sightings. The vast majority of which later get explained (atmospheric effect, camera effect, balloon, gimbling camera, etc). There are several outstanding ones that haven't yet been fully explained (Gimbal, Tictac and another one)

Grusch (or someone) picked the best of these to bring along and bolster his "someone told me there are dead aliens in the Pentagon" presentation.

Advertisement