Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

That was the forecast met Eireann had last night, heavy rain Friday night into Saturday morning. This one will be literally too close to call. You'd think we'd be able to make the proper call by tomorrow but I'm not so sure now. Unsettled weather is the worst to predict. However, I'd trust met Eireann over all the others. In more recent years, they get it right far more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭darzog

Think you're right about them funnelling Gate 5 traffic through to Red Car Park early doors. The very last bit of the route to blue car parks seems to be a cross-field hike if you check it on Google Maps. All good if you're driving a 4x4... My tiny 2007 Mazda 2 (with questionable suspension and no poke) will struggle badly if the ground is choppy/rutted. Could be worth the extra 20 mile loop via Lemybrien to come in via Gate 5 with the Cork/SW traffic as the terrain looks better on the car park approaches, and there is a half-chance of being funnelled to Red. Coming down from Belfast anyway, so what's a couple of dozen miles extra!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭RINO87

Liam Brady is at ATN. I'll just pretend I didn't see that 😥

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Norasheen

Lord the weather apps are very confused, YR and Accuweather are jumping all over the place in their predictions for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭BikesKilleen

I'm leading with the approach that there will in fact be weather this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

So all traffic from Cork, West and Midlands enters via gate 5, Waterford and Dublin / North traffic via gate 6. Looking forward to traffic plan later, what I want to know is when you get through the gate, can you opt for red or blue car park, I'm staying in boutique and the blue is where I need to park, I came in via 5 last year and blue is where I naturally ended up, anyone coming in via 4 ended up in red. As there is no 4 this year I am struggling to see how they will manage. Gate 6 looks the natural entrance now for blue. The traffic plan worked so well last year I don't know why they've reduced number of entry points to site while also adding to capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 warez_my_stuff

I have the Adata 20,000. Got it in Harvey Norman for about €60 and get at least 4 full iPhone charges from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Yr weather has updated 🤩 it was bang on for Beyond the pale so im putting my trust in it for ATN

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

I'm gonna be coming from Dublin in a campervan, would I be best to continue to Kilmacthomas via the N25 instead of turning off at Kilmeaden to go into Portlaw?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jellybeano

Campervans are gate 3. If I was you I’d continue to Kilmacthomas and avoid general Dublin/ east traffic travelling to Portlaw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Hank the DJ

Sunglasses and stuff to rewaterproof my boots bought in 1 transaction kind of sums up the uncertainty of this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

perfect, that's what I was thinking too. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

• Registered Users Posts: 29 nikkilc

Not sure if that's made me feel better or worse... worried about getting stranded now 😂 Hopefully they have plenty of buses!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Anyone know where the expressway buses will drop off? i will need to meet a friend driving to collect my cans once there so i can bring in with admission. so would be good to know which car park

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Those looking for power banks locally, penneys sell a 5000maH for i think €12, two of them will sort you for the whole weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 CorkScot

I hadnae seen it if it wiz pal!

Aul Robert Hood is on ma list!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 CorkScot

We use a Black and Fresh tent (very odd name for a range of tents obvs) from Decathlon which is an air tent. It has been such a great purchase and would totally recommend them. Cool and dark, so ideal for getting the extra kip in.

My wife has it sorted and ready by the time I've done a 2nd hike back to car at festivals. Easy to take down too.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭bleaks

Duracell power banks are decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭nomoedoe

You wouldn't need to go as far as Kilmac,take a right at Newtown on the N25 and that will bring you onto the R677 and right up to gate 3,ill probably be going that way myself on Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

I got many over the years from penneys which barely turned on once got there - but got one before otherside there for €27 which was good quality i think was 20,000maH got a fair few charges out of it then left back into the phone bank area to charge which was grand rather than leave my actual phone in.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hugeglobe

Reckon those types of roads will be open and not just for local access?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

i would wait and see on the maps released later before plotting the side road entry!...

Im hoping my wee side road isnt out of action !!!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hugeglobe

Yeah, the one less entrance this year compared to last year's is giving me the willies and PTSD flashbacks to 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭nomoedoe

I don't know probably just have to wait and see when the map is released later,I don't think the traffic will be bad myself well I hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

+1 for the Black and Fresh tents.

Been a mental few days for me, I started laying down a bloody patio at my gaf...good god it was a much bigger job than I first anticipated 🤦‍♂️ done now anyway and it will make this weekend all the sweeter 😎

Possible schedule Friday - Barry Can't Swim -> Lankum -> Loyle Carner -> Warmduscher/Overmono -> Andrew W Tribute ->Chaos in the CBD

Possible schedule Saturday - Black Country New Road -> The Scratch -> Villagers -> Caribou -> Daniel Avery/Fight Like Apes -> Jamie xx ->Daphni

Home Sunday.

The brand new, improved and bigger than-ever Boardsie WhatsApp link will be posted here tomorrow 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭danois

Do we have the WhatsApp set up again this year?

Also if anyone is there would you mind asking what is he story with gate 4. Might help us figure out best way in.

Starting to get excited now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Can anyone shed light on how the Family Campsite operates in terms of entry...

I spotted this on the FAQs

"Please note that you are NOT permitted to camp in the family campsite or gain access to the family campsite unless you are accompanied by your kids."

Presumably once you're in, you're in. Can't imagine one parent staying back at the tent with the children and the other rambling, and denied entry later...

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Dunph

Saturday:

Cruel sister

Really good time/gretel hanlyn/lisa oneill (real moth&rf¿cker of a clash that one)

Black Country, New Road (must see)

Arse about a bit, maybe sugababes, villagers, see the vibes, some foodage

Sprints, Pillow Queens, Daniel Avery

Then see where the night goes, but likely some Jamie xx and Robert Hood involvement.

And that will be a good day, whether weather or weather

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭fillup

Never had issue with getting into Family minus kid after initial entry but reading that it does say no kid no entry and not just on initial entry

Make sure u say hello to whoevers on the entrance everytime u go in or out of FC and they'll get to know ur face

Hopefully it won't be an issue as I'm in same boat too

Advertisement