Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Recliner

The before pic.

Side of salmon, fennel, cherry toms, lemon and dill. Cooked en papillote. Served with buttery mash, tenderstem broccoli and butter and dill sauce.

It was a late dinner and we'd savaged it before I remembered to take a photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Given the weather recently, a nice, warming vegetable and ale stew was about the only thing I could think to make

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

No doubt inspired by above. Forgot the parsley, though 😊

Shin beef stew with red wine. Spuds and green beans with garlic.

Marrow loving wife and cat were happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Everyone rocking the stews lately, fair play lads.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Not quite a stew but close enough. Beef massaman on a long slow simmer.

Post edited by igCorcaigh on

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 523 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Cheesesteak sandwiches for all

Tandoori chicken flatbread.

My only attempt at tandoori chicken was a disaster. I marinaded the whole chicken in a tandoori spice and yoghurt mix, but completely overcooked the chicken, and the spices burned.

But now thinking of making tandoori chicken kebabs in the air fryer after your post @Recliner! That looks delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭con747

I use peppers and shallots/onions to curve over the chicken so it doesn't get overly charred and dry out in the air fryer and they cook really well, the shallots/onions and peppers can handle the char IMO.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement

Nice! I've tried chicken kebabs in my newish air fryer, and they came out well, but it was a Greek kinda thing with lemon juice and oregano. Might even try thighs for juicy kebabs, mmm... Must get some decent tandoori mix!

Yeah I did tandoori chicken before and used food colouring powder for authenticity and had pink hands for days. Wear gloves

Very late lunch/dinner, I like my farls charred before anyone comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

oh potato bread - reminds me of home - wer did you say your from?

Born in Dublin in the house in the 60's spent 25 years there. Spent summers in Cavan "aul lads" family farm when young and got the milk from the farmer at the end of the lane every morning straight from the cow, lived in Mayo 12 years and now in South west Meath in the sticks.

I admire your signature @con747. Pretty much sums up my approach to life.

I wondered if it was a bit mad when I done it, but that's how I go. I have no idea if it's original though or did I see it somewhere, I hope it's not plagiarism!

If you Google "Bored of lunch air fryer Tandoori chicken", that's the recipe I followed. I marinaded it for 24 hrs. It was so nice.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I've joined the gang here and gotten on the stew train. Looking at that weather out there... There was no other option. I have a nice rich beef stew in the pressure cooker. I'll snap a photo later if I think of it.

Smash burgers and Mac & cheese

• Advertisement

Did I remember the photo? I did in my hole. So annoying.

The strew was delicious in any case. We had it with mash, broccoli and a bit of crusty sourdough.

I have never eaten Mac & Cheese... sounds like nice comfort food.

Making spaghetti. Pancetta, spinach, tomato, lots of garlic. And there will be parmesan showers!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

My parents, in latter years were big fans of spaghetti cheese. Served with mashed potatoes, strangely.

I don't think I've ever had mac and cheese. Just doesn't appeal to me.

Apparently, originally, macaroni referred to any type of pasta.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Not often the Irish Times restaurant reviewer ventures Northside of Dublin, especially somewhere as rough and ready as Blessington Street, so read this review with interest and booked a couple of seats for this evening.

We had five starters between us -

Tuna Poke Tacos

Crab on Toast

Grilled Giant Prawns

Calamari

Scallops with Black Ink Risotto

All delicious - 8/10

We made a lamb and lentil curry tonight with lots of spinach. Bit of rice and naan on the side and a dollop of sour cream.

Fired up the bbq and made some ribs

Oh nice! Was it chunky lamb or minced?

I bought some Madras powder recently that I want to try.

Chunky.

Made a paste from garlic, ginger, chilli, onion, oil and curry powder.

Lightly browned some sliced onions in oil until very sweet, then added the paste and cooked off for a few minutes while stirring. Added the lamb, chopped red pepper, frozen spinach cubes, salt, lime juice, some passata, splash of water and a squirt of hot sauce, and put in the pressure cooker for 20 minutes. Then stirred in cooked lentils (canned) and more salt and fresh lime before serving.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

Lashing rain eased off for an hour or two. Just enough time to get the charcoals going :)

Did some pork belly with a hickory wood chunk but no pics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭dmc17

Lots of pizza while the sun was out

Advertisement