Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Click and Collect from NI

• 28-09-2022 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭

I have been using Melmount Rd. Post Office in Strabane but it looks like they have stopped the service.

Anyone recommend an alternative?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,022 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Check on their site. You can search for pick up locations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I seen that a few weeks ago and thought it was a glitch in the system. I have used that PO a good few times in the past. The P.O. located in Supervalu on the main street is your best bet so. There's another PO out the Derry road that also provides the collection service. Hopefully they are still operating the service. You can get the details on the Amazon website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Can add Derry Rd and Main St. Would Derry Rd be better for parking would you know?

I would think parking shouldn't be an issue but I haven't used it so not sure. Maybe have a look in Google streetview.

Just to update the thread. The shop / post office on the Melmount Road remains closed so no more Amazon deliveries to there. However I've used the premises on the Derry road a few times now and it's great. Very handy to get to when coming from the Lifford direction and parking seems to be always available although I've noticed that just like the Melmount road premises it's best to avoid at "school times" as a lot of parents use the spaces when collecting the kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Sorry if I am missing something, but how do I find this address?

For the life of me I cant recall how I found the addresses originally but I think you search for "pickup locations" or "local collect" when placing an order. Fairly sure theres an option on the page at the checkout stage. Is it an address in Strabane you're looking for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Thanks, did a bit of reading last night and seems you should be able to select when buying if product is eligible. Maybe what I was buying last night wasn't even it was only magnetic tool holders and hooks.

Aye, an address in Strabane or Derry.

The 2 post offices in Strabane are at ....

• Post Office, 42 Derry Road
    • Strabane, BT82 8LD
    • United Kingdom

• Post Office, 54-58 Main Street
    • Strabane, BT82 8AX
    • United Kingdom

Both of those are the official local collect points for Amazon deliveries. Personally I find the PO out the Derry road very handy if coming in from Lifford.

Edit: This page should be of help

Got the very details you are looking for. The Strabane pick up points are in this link but you can enter Derry/Londonderry in the search box to find the locations there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,751 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I know of a couple of postal pick up points in Derry city if it might help someone.

One is out on the Muff border, another near the Bridgend border.

1st charges from £3 extra per parcel, 2nd charges from £1.50. Price goes up with size of delivery, but for most things, those prices would probably apply.

I also know the Post Office in the Spar in Culmore Derry is an Amazon pickup point too, as I've used it a few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

You could also use the Oohpod at Dolans fuel station on the Lifford Road

Advertisement