Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

No, app on your phone. I updated my post to be clearer on that. Thanks.

Its all done on the phone since your phone/app is already paired to the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Comer1

I seem to remember someone posting here about the rear light strip squeaking/rattling but as the thread search is no longer an option here, I can't find it. Has anyone had this fixed, is it a known problem with VW dealers and what did the fix involve involve?

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Known issue. Fixed under warranty if raised with them. They just add some extra clips to hold it in place.

It's more prominent in the summer/heat where the light strip expands to leave a decent gap between it and metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭micks_address

Had a software update message today.. update no longer available? First time I've seen that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Booked my 3.2 today, earliest date was October 3rd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Maybe try another VW Dealer, they’re are plenty of them.

When getting the light bar at the back tightened yesterday, they said there was an update for the doors too. The problem with the front doors not opening first try hasn't happened since, so fingers crossed thats alk it needed.

Excellent service from Harvey's in Thurles as usual, rang them on Monday, job done by 5 on Tuesday👍

After two days of the doors behaving perfectly, the issue returned today, disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭pad199207

Is there anyway to hang up a phone call without having to press the infotainment screen or actual phone?

is there no hang up button on the wheel?

Tried this today on my mother in law's car. When I try "activate for free" the plug and charge option I get an error of

"The systems of our third party printers are not yet ready. Please wait a moment"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Yeah that sounds like the totally relevant and explanatory error we've come to expect from VW 🙄

Betcha it makes no sense in German either

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I didn't get the error so I dont know for sure what's wrong in your case but a few questions to tease it out....

Where did you get this error? In the app or on the car infotainment? Any screenshots of the steps you took?

Obvious question, but have to ask!, is the car defo on v3.2? Did you check it on the infotainment?

Is the app up to date?

Was the car turned on?

What plan did you select and was it "We Charge by Elli" you were using/selecting?

Error was in the app.

Car is defo on v3.2. Just bought and dealer had everything updated (fair play to them, it's rare)

App had an update, but I did that and it didn't change anything

Car was turned off. Didn't think/know that was a step

Think it was the "We Charge by Elli" plan. The free one.

Car was turned off. Didn't think/know that was a step

In my steps I mentioned this

Clicked "Install" and it complained that the car was offline. The car was online but turned off so I just turned the car on and hit "Install" again and then it proceeded and a few seconds later said it was successful and that was it. 

So, the car does need to be on. I didn't get the same message/error as you so it might not be that but worth retrying with the car on and see what happens.

Are you on iOS or Android? I'm iOS.

We charge app in the car having issues too.

That last screenshot from the infotainment looks like the car is having issues talking to VWs backend so no point trying the app until that gets resolved.

Not sure what you could do other than an infotainment reset or wait a few days and see if it resolves itself.

I have that too. But it works when you change user

Car didn’t charge yet again overnight with the Zappi. Really starting to piss me off

I went out to it this morning and the Zappi said ‘charge delayed’ and it only started charging when in unlocked the car. ???

The whole scheduled charging thing has me puzzled.

Post edited by pad199207 on

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭electricus

Did you try this yet?

https://myenergi.info/charge-delay-with-id3-sw-3-2-t9807.html

see the last post

Post edited by electricus on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Has anyone else’s car needed the HV battery module recall to be carried out? My car was in for 3.2 at the end of May and it was confirmed as needing a new module.

At the time they were keeping it for a week to do the update and battery replacement, but parts weren’t in for the battery and I was told they would be in within a few weeks. Now over 2 months later and they’re still waiting for some part to do the module replacement, and seemingly can not give a timeline when it will be in?? I find that hard to believe as surely the parts are generally available if it’s a wide and fairly public recall.

Anyone else have this done or hear about similar delays with the battery recall?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

no., but I think that it’s may need it.

what symptoms are you seen? What max charging speed are you getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭n.d.os

I tried out Volkswagens over complicated and darn right infuriating scheduled charging for the first time tonight. I added a location, set the departure time and added the charging window I want to use based on my new 2-6am low electricity rate. Prior to this we had a larger window to charge at a low rate but such is the price gouging we are all dealing with at renewal time this summer.

It's the middle of the night and both my wife and I have checked our Volkswagen App. All of the charging info has disappeared. Yet another issue trying to charge this bloody car while our Polestar does it every night using a simple system of selecting schedule and the time before leaving the car.

What is going on now with this app? Has anyone seen this before. At this point I don't even know if the car is charging downstairs.

Update. The charging feature is now showing again but the car is stuck at 47%, the charging bar says 'waiting for departure time' and nothing is happening. I turned off active departure times and preffered charging times and now I'm getting this.

Am I destined to go back to swiping on and off charging before going to bed? For anyone asking, my wall charger is Elli and doesn't have a built in timer. I must rely on the car and app, not that either are very reliable.

To make this work, departure times are irrelevant. Let's say the car needs to be charged by 7am every day. My night rate kicks in 2am-6am and I have saved this in the preffered charging times along with a longer 11pm-6am preffered charging time I can switch to when the battery is low. For some reason, unless I move the departure time way back to 5am, the car does not start charging at 11pm in this setting. It says "waiting for departure time" in the charging bar. With the app and car being so unreliable, I need charging to kick in at 11pm if I have selected 11pm-6am on the app. This way I am confident the car is actually charging and will be fully charged in the morning. What is the work around here. I don't care about departure times. All I want to do is be able to switch between a 2am-6am preffered charging window and a 11pm-6am charging window. The car needs to kick in at those times and the final % is irrelevant. To add to the confusion I see two sliders, one that says "charge directly to 0-50% and the other says "charge to 50-100%." A lot of these settings appear to contradict eachother and make scheduled charging pretty impossible. Can anyone help me here? Heres my current settings and as I mentioned above, the app brain farted during the night and the car didn't charge.

Preffered times:

11-pm-6am (selected)

2am-6am

Departure time:

5am (selected as 7am didn't start charge at 11pm)

7am

Post edited by n.d.os on

I don't use the cars scheduled timing, but I know it's certainly broken until v3.2. What version do you have? You can find it in settings and info somewhere.

Schedules disappearing and not charging is exactly what I experienced when I got my car originally with v2.1, and v2.3. I got a zappi charger eventually (got solar too)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

This may be an issue between the app and the car not syncing. I have noticed that the syncing frequently doesn't work anymore. So if i try to change the charging rate to reduced AC current and change the percentage charge to slider, it looks like it has gone through, but it won't change the settings in the car. You have to physically go out to the car and change them form the infotainment screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

@n.d.os @TheWonderLlama You might need to disable Personalisation in the app, it's under Settings and Mobile Services

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭n.d.os

I think I'm just going to have to knock this idea on the head and do what we have always been doing and swipe on at 11pm. We had a 20c night rate from 11pm to 8am up until August but that rate is dead in the water and we are changing now to 42c around the clock with an EV rate of 9.35c between 2am and 6am. On my other car I can just select that window on a slider on the car or lengthen it if the car is low on charge. I really don't understand why VW still make their system so complicated.

Make sure in the app you have it set to charge at preferred times and also in the infotainment screen in the car itself

Simplify it, turn off the departure time.

Just have your location with the preferred times setup. Everything else on the "Departure time" screens on the app should be off. That will work (or at least it does for me).

I haven't tried departure times but what that will do is it will cause the start time to be delayed. Based on your screenshots above you are at 47% and the car is to charge to 80%. That will take about 3hrs so it wont start charging until ~3hrs before the departure time which is why it says "waiting for departure time" and doesn't start.

If you are only charging to 80% and you want to maximise your use of your night rate then just turn off departure times and set your preferred times and then it should be all OK. It will start charging immediately at the preferred time and turn off at the end of the preferred time (or when it hits 80%, whichever comes first).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Not seeing any symptoms (not noticeable anyway) but I found my vin on the list of affected cars and from the check(?) VW did they say there is a module or 2 to be replaced.

Advertisement