Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,428 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Except when the lawyers produce proof that they told him it was all bogus.

Rudy said something like "we have theories, we just don't have the evidence".

If you said you relied on that as "legal advice", you're f**ked!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,196 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

It's actually quite saddening really. A lot of these people are poor and don't have the money to spare. They've been duped by a shameless piece of shit conman that's only interested in his own piss arse existence, and he'll bleed anyone dry in doing so. I'd love to see him go down for one or more of the serious charges just to get him off the stage and away from these vulnerable people for good.

He's an absolute blight on everything and everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

A huge portion? Sure you just mean 'A portion', the portion is certainly not huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,601 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

A former president of the US has just been indicted for attempting to defraud the US of a legally held election. In effect, he attempted to overthrow democracy. He attempted to take away the legitimate, and constitutional right, of every US citizen to determine the POTUS.

There really is no higher crime than that, in terms of a state.

We have become numb to the levels that Trump drags the country to, but this really i at another level. There was plenty of talk prior to the election about whether Trump would need to be physically removed from the WH. Turns out what he did instead was to try to remove anyone that could even try to make him leave. The effect of Trump's lies will reverberate in the US for many years. He has blown a massive gap in the entire belief in democracy itself and all for his own selfish ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Not to mention the numerous phone calls where Trump was on the phone with election officials, testimony from the likes of Meadows and Pence which will likely explicitly demonstrate that Trump was directing traffic, and the simple fact that Trump hired his lawyers for the exact purpose of what they're now being charged with (he just thought they'd get away with it).

Saw a legal commentator on the CBS stream last night point out that while there is a defence of taking your counsel's advice and it being wrong, that doesn't apply in this case, particularly as his counsel are co-conspirators in the same case.

It'll definitely be interesting to see how deep they are in the cult; sacrifice themselves at the altar of Trump to protect him in the hopes he becomes President again and pardons them, or will seeing him throwing them under the bus make any of them decide to try save their own skin and turn on him?

• Advertisement

Meanwhile, in Trump's legal whackmole woes...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Granted, the USA has a population of almost 350 million people and most people don't engage too much with politics but Trump managed to increase his voter count while losing the popular vote for a second time.

2016 Trump was the outsider, the man who would break the system. 2020 Trump wanted you to inject yourself with bleach, inflammed racial tensions, helped destabilise the middle east, legitimised tyrants and oversaw tens of thousands of preventable deaths. While a lot of people don't engage with politics as I said, the whole world knew who and what Trump was in 2020 and tens of millions still voted for him. It's hard to excuse that.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Oh I agree , it's nonsense , but he will absolutely throw everyone under the bus to try to save himself.

If he goes down he'll make sure that everyone else goes with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

Only downside of all this going on right now, is the late night chat shows in America are off air as this goes down. They’d be having a ball with this which trump wouldn’t like at all.

Which is it?

Do you

A) not believe he did it

B) think he did, but it's not illegal

C) you believe he did, but don't care.

An honest answer would be appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

You know these people will then descend on any relatives they've fallen out with expecting to be looked after. They'll have hurled abuse at them in the past and, once it's them needing help, it's suddenly fine to expect freebies.

My Dad loves Trump but would struggle to find the USA on a globe. I'm grateful every day that he doesn't know what Google is.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

How on earth did this snake oil salesman Bullsh1t ever work on absolutely anyone?

The fact that this guy was ever president of the US blows my ****ing mind.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,136 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Posts deleted

If you wish to discuss Hunter Biden use the Hunter Biden thread. This one is about Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

A lot of people voted for trump and intend to do so again in the next election... close to half of america

• Registered Users Posts: 14,710 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It doesnt matter what I believe, all that should matter is that the man is innocent until proven guilty and he should get a fair trial.

Jack Smith has been proven to be an overzealous and poor prosecutor.

The Robert McDonnell case was overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court in a unanimous 8-0 decision. The Court declared “there is no doubt that this case is distasteful; it may be worse than that. But our concern is not with tawdry tales of Ferraris, Rolexes, and ball gowns. It is instead with the broader legal implications of the Government’s boundless interpretation of the federal bribery statute.”. The High Court also rebuked Smith and warned that “the uncontrolled power of criminal prosecutors is a threat to our separation of powers.”

Jack Smith lost the John Edwards case.

He is a prosecutor known for taking laws and pushing the boundaries as far as he can, often contorting laws, and often going behind attorney client privilege.

Smiths as special counsel is extremely biased, the whole purpose of a special counsel is to appoint an external lawyer with a reputation for integrity and impartial decisionmaking.

This is not the case here, Smith is not impartial, he isnt an outsider.

A biased judge and a biased jury is also guaranteed in DC.

Its another Kangaroo court.

I don't believe a word of this. Smith's job is to procure evidence and make the case for the prosecution in a court of law. You've no evidence whatsoever that he has acted improperly or unlawfully.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Yes, but you can bet your behind that all the pro-Trump tweeters/bloggers etc. are pushing the Robert McDonnell/John Edwards line today.

You can also bet your behind that none of them had heard of either of those two cases until it became necessary to cast doubt on Smith as a prosecutor.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,601 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Sounds to me like you have already made your mind up. Kack Smith himself was clear in his announcement that Trump was innocent until proven guilty. Unless of course you are arguing that nobody should be brought to trial unless they confess first?

Did you not see the events on Jan 6th yourself? Have you not heard the phone call with the Georgia governor? Have you not heard Trump continually claim the vote was rigged despite never showing any evidence?

Based on your position stated above, you must acknowledge, given the complete lack of evidence, that 2020 was not rigged.

100%.

The post I quoted comes across as if the user saw those names on Truth Social and just repeated them here.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Trump did it again in his latest Video post following the indictment calling the 2020 election "rigged".

Trump is the one providing all the evidence here because he can't stop talking..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭rogber

No parody could ever come close to the reality of this.

The sheer stupidity of the people who vote for this man never ceases to amaze and is an utter indictment of American (lack of) education

It's really pathetic seeing such easily disprovable untruths. 74 million voted for Trump last time. Less than a quarter of the US' population.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 19,196 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Yeh, yeh...but half of America is going to vote for him this time around. 🤣

• Subscribers Posts: 41,508 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

something very "germany 1920's" about that Trump speech above.

'The country and its state instruments is out to get its citizens ....... im the one to make it all great again ........fighting a fight like never before'

deeply deeply worrying

Like I've said before - 2016 I can sort of understand.

He was an unknown promising the sun, moon and stars and promising to be "different" so a large cohort of disenfranchised people thought he was worth a shot.

It was a stupid choice , but I can see how some people made it.

2020 and beyond though , it's inexcusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

A mixture of utter nonsense and hearsay. However, you're right that Trump is innocent until proven guilty. Having read the indictments, which I'll assume you haven't, it seems that Smith has built tight cases against Trump that are based on facts. Trump should get a fair trial, so we'll see the verdicts that are returned. I'm absolutely certain, though, that if guilty verdicts are returned then the next conspiracy theory will be that a hand-picked anti-Trump jury was selected personally by Smith. That's how it rolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,710 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

If you think I didnt know who John Edwards is before Jack Smith was appointed then you are 100% incorrect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Who is #6 on the indictment? Could it be Ginni Thomas??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement