Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COYGIG - Women’s Football World Cup 23 **Mod Warning in Post #58**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,864 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Which is why I included that the 40th ranked team beat the 7th, anomalies happen. Nigeria have previous tournament experience which is a bit of a factor too. But you're right, Ireland never looked like beating them because they don't ever really look like scoring. But they didn't look like losing either really, apart from one great save.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭cms88

I'll try and make this as simple as i can. I still have no idea what point you're actually trying to make but anyway.

You say Ireland did nothing in mens soccer until 1990, again i think that's what you're trying to claim, but in that time they won British Home Championship.

Also what would become the ROI team first game was in the 1924 Olympics, at the time the only ''World Cup'' tournament, so again whatever point it is you're trying to make is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

Deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 15,901 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So it's 1-1 between Italy and South Africa at the moment. South Africa nit doing bad. Italy got a penalty first and scored that. Then one of the Italian defenders had to make what has to be the worst mistake yet of this World Cup and decided to pass the ball back to her keeper without even looking to see where she was and inadvertently scored in her own goals lol.

The other game is still 0-0.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Sweden and Italy will go through from this group if it stays as it is but if South Afica beat Italy they will go through.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
    Ms

I must say the South Africans have a lot of skill they just seem to lack that shooting ability. That is not to say they have not had any. They have just not as good as a team like say England for instance.

Still they have been the better team with the more chances in the second half.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

SA 2-Italy 1. 66 minute.

South Africa can go through to the knockout stages if they win this. Go South Africa.

73rd minute. Italy just scored from a corner. Might be offside. Might not be a goal. Goal check ongoing

It's a goal. It's 2-2.

Great game by the way.

South Africa get goal 3 in the 90th minute. Delighted for them. We'll deserved. 7 minutes to go.

Post edited by AMKC on

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

Can’t watch so thanks for the updates 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

11 minutes added time

have SA just scored???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,380 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Has the ref lost their whistle. Live feed shows 15 mins of added on time

Ms

Well done South Africa. Delighted for them. They were the better team. Such passion and skill. They were a joy to watch.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,380 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

There was 11 minutes signalled at 90. Then a goal and a sub so another minute expected. At the 11th minute there was a 3 minute injury delay, so we got to just over 15 minutes. Scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,562 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Sorry, I think you may need to go back and properly read what was said, which wasn't this:

Ireland did nothing in mens soccer

4 teams left to be eliminated

11am today - Jamaica v Brazil & Panama v France

11am tomorrow - Korea v Germany & Morocco v Columbia

Ms

So far its 1-1 between Panama and France. Panama scored from a free first. Then France scored 20 minutes later. The other game is still 0-0 between Jamaica and Brazil.

Brazil have to beat Jamaica or they go home. 5

France just got a 2nd goal so in the lead now. A very sloppy goal and sloppy defending but a goal all the same.

So France got a penalty in the 35th minute and scored again. So 3-1 now to France.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,562 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Ms

And France score a 4th in the 45th minute. Any good goalkeeper would have saved that but the Panama keeper miss judged it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

A real Messi style strike, unbelievable free kick from Cox.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Jamaica keeper almost made a bollox of that.

Ms

So France got another penalty and scored. Harsh I thought. It was hard to see if the Panama player did handle the ball.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

While Jamaica are very defensive, Brazil haven't really looked like scoring.

Sloppy pass back to the keeper

Would have been a cruel own goal

Fair play Jamaica, deserved to go through.

I’m delighted. Who do they get in the round of 16?

Winner of Group H, most likely Colombia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭timmy2772

Team landed back in Dublin there about an hour ago. Without exaggeration there was about 34 people waiting 🙈. Think everyone has had enough of the constant drama with them not to mention the ridiculous egos

Advertisement