Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I have one that I've used successfully on Skoda cars, I haven't tried it on my Born yet as I'm away the last few days. I'll let you know how it goes when I connect it. I want to activate the Scandinavian lights mainly, I'll see what else can be done when I'm in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Think I'll pick up the Ultimate package for €200.

Unlocking the lights assist, Scandy lights, and turning off the LKA from startup would see it pay for itself.

Must look into retrofitting speakers into the doors too.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭stoves1

No, went for silver with the black roof and black rear ( actually the wife did!), thank you for good wishes

Can lka be turned off permanently? I didn't think it could, safety feature blah blah... The Born has light assist as standard, in saying that I activated it on the Superb as it had the correct A5 camera. My obdeleven is just called obdeleven pro I think I paid about €90 for it years ago, I never found it lacking in any way. I always used long coding to make any changes, it's too dodgy using the one click button as they can mess up other connected controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

What are these new packages they are offering ?

Is it a Pro, dx or life the ‘new’ id3 model they are advertising at €40,607 for the 58kw ?

€189 for unlimited lights package ?

What is this light package, does the ‘new’ id3 no longer come with matrix lights ?

€299 for unlimited climate package, what does this do ?

What is the ultimate package ?

Last one ! I swear

What are scandy lights ?

Hard to keep up with all the changes …or cost saving measures ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Holy moly, I paid €33.7k for ID.3 1st edition in sep 2020… And now pretty much the same car costs €40.6k? I know it didn’t have folding mirrors or wireless charging or extra usb ports in the back or side sensors but it did have light assist, dual climate etc. Yes, the dealer delivery seem to go up from 750or so to 1350 (maybe this includes some service offer) and the grant has reduced by 1.5k but still extra 5k to modify bumpers, remove the black hump on the hood and make the interior a tiny bit softer? The motor, battery, screen, software and associated problems are still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

The joys of a facelift!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Very limited usefulness re coding on all the newer VAG models useful still to interrogate the.car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

(sorry if wrong thread)

58kwhr ID3 doing a Galway - Dublin return trip, can anyone recommend a good charging schedule ? Leave home at 100% arrive at Dublin with 20-30%, then either hope Enfield is free or similar with the big shopping center off the M50 with 150kw charging (liffey?blanch?) Athlone ionity just seems to be in the worst location given that i'll be at 70% passing it, and not enough charge to make it on return.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭bootser

Hi all, new ID3 owner here(212 pro model) comin from an Ioniq28 this is a completely different car! Some extra stuff but some small stuff missing! The biggest for me is that's there's no reversing camera. I had a quick Google and found someone that claims to retrofit(factory standard) but at 1k I thought I'd ask here first if anyone has diy'ed it? The kit is available but seems to need some coding? Don't want to buy it only to find I can't get it working!

TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

its down to convenience, I can use the Luas to get near home , dropping it down to Wicklow Town would muck up a day, so saving a 100 euros or so wouldnt be worth it. so they kind of have me, Ill remember to leave a sh1tty google review though

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ACAandCTA

58kw id3 Pro went in to Western Motors Drogheda for software update and 2 yr service (L service plan) on Wednesday morning. Told yesterday that the update failed and they need to start again, to expect a min 3 days from re-start and they won't do the service part until the update is done.

I also pushed them to do the additional covered service parts that under the contract are 'if deemed necessary' like wipers etc. I told them that I deemed them necessary, but any suggestions as to how to really press them to do it? They are covered within the 3 year timeline, so I can always go back early next year if they don't change it this time, but would rather get full value from the plan!

You deem it necessary, it’s you that’s driving at night in the rain- the wipers that came on it are terrible.

Had a failed 2.4 update up there.

What loaner did they give you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Did a test this evening of he departure time thing, set it to charge to 60% for 22:15, it has reached 60% at 21:57 - maybe im being super picky but is that normal? I'm guessing its just being sure ?

So I can be safe setting it to 100% for a 7am departure and not have it sitting at 100% all night.

Imagine it had to do some sort of balancing in the interim.

I'll try clarify.

The "old" model was the Life DX. Still says "Pro" on the wing. From what I know, all the old cars are gone, so anything you see advertised now is the newer car.

Not sure on the new ID.3, but the Life DX we got doesn't have the matrix lights. It is capable of automatically turning on and off the high beams as traffic approaches. VW want €189 for that to be unlocked for life. You can pay by the year and stuff too.

Same story with the climate package. No idea what it involves, but the €299 will unlock it for life.

The "Ultimate Package" relates to a company called OBDEleven https://obdeleven.com/products/ultimate-pack?carBrand=Volkswagen For €200, you get their ultimate package for a year that allows you to unlock the lights things, change settings in the car, run diagnostics, etc.

Scandy lights have your rear lights on all the time, just like the DRLs at the front. That's a requirement way up north. Don't know why we don't have it too, but I'll be doing it if/when I order the package.

Think that's everything.

There seems to be an awful lot can be done with the ID.3. I haven't looked hugely deeply into it yet though.

Download something like A Better Route Planner (ABRP). If you pay for the premium account (can't remember the cost), and plug in a dongle, it'll use realtime battery info along the journey to keep you safe, realtime info on chargers along the route, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,293 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'd love to know more about what the Ultimate Package can do.

Set dip mirror on reverse as default, set auto dip lights as default for example.

Maybe I'm missing something here but I just bought obdeleven pro as a once off payment and using tutorials on their site activated various functions etc. As I said earlier I never used the one touch buttons as they can mess things up very badly.

I'd be more inclined to think that someone following a tutorial is more likely to mess things up than the developer-designed app.

Their customer support said the apps come with an undo or "return to default" option.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭fits

I think our car has some of that functionality already in the navigation system. Going on a long trip this weekend so will try it out.

• Advertisement

The tutorials are easy to follow in fairness. I'm only going on what lads are saying on the briskoda site regarding the one touch buttons, it's up to you after that. It's certainly gone very expensive since I bought mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,293 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Seems like the lack of auto dip headlight memory can be fixed using this method. Don't think the wing mirror dip can be sorted though.

Great detail there @Soarer , much appreciated 👍🏻

Scandy lights option would be nice -

I wonder did the new edition loose the X design brake lights and dynamic turn signal..

To think at €40k there is no auto high beam, a well spec’d first or Tour would be a savvy second hand purchase coming fully loaded, the pcp deals make a new car easier to attain though, and a new car is a new car.

I remember being in a 1980’s Cadillac that had auto high beam, vw cost cutting at its finest. Our 1986 golf had more dummy buttons on the dash as it had zero extras …

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

The X break and dynamic turn signal or beam assist don’t come as standard on either the pro(€41k) or the pro s(€49k). It can be added with the matrix light pack which is about €2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭terrarev

We've ordered a new ID3 and would have liked to add the matrix headlights but doing so will push you over the VRT rebate threshold to so the actual cost will be a lot more than the price of the pack.

Interesting, I ordered one also and added the green paint and matrix. There wasn’t any tax penalties/threshold issues. I thought the VRT rebate threshold was €60k?

That’s unbelievable..

M3 or Y for the win at those figures

Maybe but thankfully everybody likes different things for different reasons. Guess that’s why we all drive around in a vast selection of different car brands. I hope the day never comes that there’s only Teslas(or VWs) on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

New id3 has landed pro model in moonstone without a single option.

Much much more polished inside which tbh was my only bugbear with the old one exterior looks much more mature.

Surprise surprise ride handling refinement etc all identical to the "old" one

I personally have zero and have never had an issue with the haptic controls,window switches or heater controls cos I press the button and use the screen so the fact they all remain doesn't upset me.

V3.5 seems a little snappier and the charge and go feature is a boon

Ski hatch and auto dipping lights are a bonus.

TF it came on continentals and not those poxy brigestones.

Also there's NO compressor/tyre goo...WTF

AND .....THERES STILL NO F@#KING BACK SPEAKERS

Car was 39k on the road and I got 30k for my 21 reg 204hp 58kwh life with 58k KMs up.............this is why I'm not driving a model3/ioniq5

Further ramblings to follow as they occur to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭terrarev

We'd already added the pack to get the rear camera so adding another would push us too far.

The VRT rebate is €5k up to €40000 and drops off pretty quick once you go over that up to €50k

Advertisement