Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Unpacked Promo codes for Fold 5 / Watch 6 on Irish Samsung Store

• 30-07-2023 11:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭

Did anyone in Ireland receive their promo codes for the Irish Samsung store from the Samsung Unpacked event on Wednesday? Are you using yours?

I registered in advance via Samsung.ie saying I was interested in preordering, but didn't receive the promised discount codes. Some UK users seem to have received codes, and US users have had credits apply against their Samsung.com account.

(I'm aware of the EPP discount and other pre-order bundle offers.)

Post edited by MugsGame on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Technophobe

I received an email with details of the products etc and this includes a discount code for registering for preorder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

Thanks. I didn't. However, I've since found that the 15% off Samsung.com referral codes stack with the 10% bundle offers on the main Samsung.com/ie shop, which is actually a better discount than the unpacked codes (although I gather some in the US have gotten the unpacked credits on their account to stack with promo codes).

Honey or Revolut cashback also work here on samsung.com (didn't try to stack both, might be possible).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

My pre order discount code that they re emailed tonight given it expires at midnight is only giving €100 off a Fold5....dunno whether to pull the trigger or not. Guess I can order and can always cancel under remote selling laws?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Technophobe

I pulled trigger on tablet and watch..trade in on both too..

• Advertisement

Anyone have the 15% referral code?

Have 10% but extra 5% would be nice

Have PMed you a 15% off code.

Note that some bundles give an additional 10% off (e.g. with Buds 2 Pro or Watch 6). The Buds 2 are almost free in that scenario.

Revolut were giving 3% cashback. Honey are giving 1%. Didn't try stacking them.

Some folks having issues paying with some cards. Revolut and Avant definitely both work.

BTW, the €50 Galaxy Store credit Boost offer with some devices is for the Galaxy App Store, not the online device shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭dunleas

Am curious, when they do a launch deal on the likes of a fold 5, they give you buds, a trade in offer and €100 off.

Would a 15% code also work?

Have a fold 5 on the way with the above add ons, wondering if if had a 15% code off if that would have worked too.

Not sure if I'm going to keep the phone or not yet once it arrives tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Yes, the 15% off codes worked with preorder deals on the main store (but only one coupon per order).

(The EPP, student and ThreePlus stores don't accept coupons.).

I managed to get Fold 5+Watch for just over €1000, between 15% coupon and trade-ins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I never got discount code despite registering the same happened last year. Not in spam. Silly.

Anyway not seeing anything I'd get. What's the GW6 like versus the 5. I've read nothing on it BTW. Opinions ?

Oh and the trade in value is abysmal. 60 euro ....

Me too re preregistration code, nothing. But turns out the 15% off referral codes are better.

F**k that's unreal for the Fold 5 and a watch.

I pre registered for it and all I got was a €100 off...everyone gets the buds and trade in offer.

Not sure I'll keep it when it arrives, came to this late so pulled the trigger at 11.30pm on the 31st.

Who knows when the Google fold phone will be out here as it looks a tad thinner but a similar or even more expensive price tag.

Will be better prepared next time to get a 15% referral code if I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭j14

Does any one have a 15% off referral code that's not being used?

My Fold 5 starter pack is out for delivery, but my Fold 5+Watch (ordered first) has not shipped yet 😞

DPD say I wasn't home and they've left a card. I was in and they didn't leave a card. If it was the phone I'd be raging, least it's only the case.

My fold 5 arrived today via DPD....dunno whether to open or return it :(

Very jealous. Given it doesn't seem to have shipped today, assuming I won't get mine until Wednesday at the earliest now, with the long weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭j14

I ordered my Galaxy watch 6 classic today (thanks MugsGame) and I had the card unaccepted issue on payment.

Samsung could not help me as they did not know what the issue was.

I rang my Credit Card provider and they told me it was a block on my card put on by VISA themselves.

I was put on hold for 5 minutes and the block was lifted and I was able to use my card to complete the purchase.

Hope this helps someone as I was getting frustrated as to why my payment was not being accepted by Samsung.

• Advertisement

In a way wish mine was delayed, tried cancelling using the link in the confirmation email - link was broken.

Couldn't cancel via my account on the Samsung site.

Tried calling them and couldn't get through. Their twitter support couldn't help me either. No response to two emails asking to cancel and then boom I get an email saying it's out for delivery with DPD on Thursday and it arrives Friday morning.

Think i'm going to return it TBH, will have to call them on Tuesday to go through the returns process. Doubt I can insure it for its true value to send even registered post back so will try and drop it up to in Ballymount or wherever they are as it's not to far from here

Darn, best of luck with that. I cancelled an order via email last Sunday and they actioned it straight away. It's very odd that the Irish site has no Cancel button, despite the FAQ.

Mine finally shipped late last night (at least according to DPD - but nothing has changed on the Samsung site.) I doubt it will come until Tuesday now (doubly annoying as it's my birthday today and this was my present to myself.).

Samsung Ireland Twitter support are friendly but useless, with no power to do anything. The Irish Boost site is issuing €10 vouchers which don't work on the Irish app store. I suspect same thing will happen with the €50 vouchers. Twitter support asked a series of inane questions before telling me to contact app store support, who weren't much better.

Both parcels out for delivery ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Any codes going please let me know looking at the 6 classic

Watch and phone and starter pack/case delivered. I think my package didn't ship on Thursday as the extra free fabric watch strap wasn't included and I guess isn't available yet. But should come later. This probably also explains why the Samsung tracking didn't update. Unusually for DPD I didn't get a text or email today, but did see the status update in their Parcel Zone app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Order the 6 classic, anyone any idea how I get my 15% code to pass on it popped up after I purchased it but now I cannot locate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭jusvi2001

any 15% code for give away? thanks

Has anyone that got the Flip 5/Fold 5 getting the error that the device is not play protect certified?

• Advertisement

Have a Fold 5 and haven't seen that error, but I've seen references to it on Reddit; they reckon it might be because it's pre-launch.

I used Smart Switch to move everything from my old phone to move most apps, so haven't installed much from Play store yet.

Edit: Just checked in my Play Store settings, and my Fold 5 is showing as not certified on the device. Hopefully this will resolve itself in a few days. My model is on the public list of certified devices: https://storage.googleapis.com/play_public/supported_devices.html

Edit 2: try this to fix certification: https://www.reddit.com/r/PixelFold/comments/15k3i0q/comment/jv7huw1/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Advertisement