Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It's 57.5 usable in 221 Model 3 (via scanmytesla), I have heard nothing about a larger battery in subsequent models

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

I think AWD and P are supposed to have larger batteries, but as Tesla does not provide specs I wonder what kind of batteries are being recently delivered.

You mentioned LFP battery, that battery is in the RWD model only so pretty sure that remains 57.5kWh with current shipments.

60.5 LFP battery from CALB with 57.5kWh usable

I mentioned that I have data only from LFP where I see 60.5 usable. I wonder if anyone with recently delivered MIC large battery model has made measurement.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes, the LR and P both have bigger batteries than the RWD.

• Advertisement

Any idea what capacity Tessie/TeslaFi report on recent deliveries?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

I think they are supposed to be 82 or 79 kWh gross depending whether it's a Perf or a LR so net somewhere in region of 75-78 kWh when new.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DrPsychia

I'm keen to buy a used M3. A 21 LR is within my budget now but I can wait until next year until the 2022 is within my budget if there's a noticeable difference between the two model years. If I wait there might be a bigger price drop when highland eventually arrives as more people might be looking to trade.

Is there much of a hardware difference between the 2021/22 Model 3's apart from the Ryzen chip? Is the battery bigger? I read somewhere that the battery increased from 77kWh to 82-84kWh, or was that only for Fremont built cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

There is about 5% increase in the gross capacity between the model years so nothing drastic. The original '21 cars had LG 75 kWh battery that had about 72 kWh net capacity when new.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

If it's of interest, I have a 2023 RWD available - not advertised yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yoke

Thanks for letting me know - unfortunately I was looking specifically for a performance version 🙂 I ended up buying a model s instead, so might be back on the market in a year or two for an m3p.

Those of you with a 2019+ Model 3 whom are outside the general vehicle warranty (80k kilometres), did you have any faults/repairs and what were the costs?

You’ve probably already seen this in the other thread, but I’ll answer here anyway too 🙂 it’s a model S P85 from 2014.

The model S P85 seems like a pretty solid car, with lots of boot space, and my plan is to convince the wife to take it from me next year, after I prove to her that it can go pretty much anywhere in Ireland (with the help of the supercharger network of course 😂), and then I’ll look for a “cheap” M3P at the time for myself..

Yes I seen it after I posted. Great cars. I also had a P85+. Great fun 🏎️

I hope Tesla would enable Android Auto, because navigation is atrocious. When driving longer distances on motorways it would make massive mistakes in estimated SoC, I saw it estimating that driving RWD 270km on motorways will only use 31% (actual 68%) and 182km 72% (actual 51%) - both situations on single day.

That's the first time I've even seen anything like the discrepancies you have experienced, I'm using Tesla Nav years now and it's always within a percent or two, amazingly accurate given it takes traffic, weather, elevation and temps into account.

I would log that with Tesla as something does not appear right

• Registered Users Posts: 13,882 ✭✭✭✭josip

Also within a couple of percent in my experience, including long motorway runs.

I like how at the end of the trip it will also explain the reason for any discrepancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I had a mad one just once with it.

I had it in the actual graph for a trip and it said I would arrive on something like 63%. I instantly knew this couldn't be true as I had something like 40 miles to travel and I was on 66%!!.

Tried ending the navigation and starting it again but it kept showing those figures.

That was the only time it ever did that. Every other time it has been accurate to within a percent or 2.

• Advertisement

Are you sure you were not looking at the return figure?

If there’s one thing about the Tesla nav, it’s that the SOC at destination is 99.9999% accurate.

Yes, I'm sure about it. I had mostly positive results until this one time, as in either usage was as planned or there has been some major deviation in conditions such as traffic jam, heavy rainfall etc even then I never got such degrees of under or over estimation.

I did try to do two button reset during second of miscalculated trips but it came back with same number.

I think I will do it, I presume they can look into remote logs etc? I did not take any screenshots....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭rob w

Starting to get a little disheartened with my M3 LR I picked up at end of May. Have only a little over 4000km on it now, but have just booked my 3rd service appointment! 😒

Appt #1 - Damage found on the underside of the rocker cover along the side of the car after collection, occurred during transport. That's fine, these things happen. Booked in an appointment in Sandyford. While waiting for that service, started to get a creaking noise in the drivers seat - added that to the service to get looked at. They repaired the rocker cover no questions asked, tried to repair the creaking seat but couldn't do anything to sort it. They told me to book a mobile service to get it replaced (I live 150km away from SC)

Appt #2 - Booked a second appointment as a mobile service to get the seat replaced. Only to be told that it couldn't be done mobile and I would need to travel back up to Sandyford to get it replaced. Also reported an issue with my connectivity, which disconnects for a few minutes while driving along (can happen multiple times on a long trip), even in areas where my phone signal remains - so I lose maps, Spotify stops - they diagnosed this remotely and was told this was a common issue and a software update will fix in time (8 -10 weeks). Paying €10 a month for this service, that they know is not working properly. While waiting for this service appointment, I started to get a rattle coming from front dash somewhere and added that to the appointment. They replaced the drivers seat, creaking noise gone straight away - all good! They didn't have time to look at the rattle so told me to book in a 3rd service appointment to get it diagnosed

Appt #3 - Booked in a mobile service for the rattle, but a 5 week wait to get an appointment. After I booked it in and only 400km or so driving in the new seat, I'm getting the exact same issue I had with the seat they replaced (Its a creak in the area behind my left shoulder blade, makes a noise when going over a bump, accelerating/braking, moving in the seat. I cant replicate the noise in the passenger seat, its solid). I'm now also starting to get rattles coming from the back seat area, 2 distinctly different noises - hard to tell where they are coming from (maybe the seat belt tensioners and the seats, but not sure). Hopefully they can locate and fix these noises on the mobile service - but I reckon I'm going to have to travel back to the SC for a 4th appointment for the seat again.

It all very disheartening, I was really looking forward to getting into this car and its the first brand new car I've ever bought. I just hope they can sort these issues out, otherwise I'm starting to wonder if I should cut my losses and get rid! I've driven much older, much cheaper cars that didn't rattle and make noise like this after years of driving! I read something the other day on a thread where someone said something along the lines of the M3 being a 'cheap car sitting on an expensive battery' and I'm starting to understand that now I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

I've had 2 cameras replaced, track rods replaced, boot lid & motor repaired and bumper resprayed all under warranty. Mine is the last of the Fremont M3s so not unexpected.

But once the repairs were assessed, there was never any argument. Tesla SC just got it done. Time to get parts can be frustrating, but much better service than any ICE car warranty work I've had done in the past.

Teslas build quality can be hit or miss even with MiC models. I know someone who had few faulty cameras on a 2023 MiC MY replaced, also issues with loud rattles. Not sure if all their woes are fixed yet though. But then you have people who have very few issues if any. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be with a brand new car.

It's stories like this that make me question whether is should buy a M3 even though I've been longing to own one for so long. Whenever I find one I will definitely need to take it for a thorough drive on a variety of roads, pronounced rattles would really annoy me.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind that kind of thing so much.

When its a very definite part that doesnt work or is obviously damaged and it just gets replaced, that's not so bad - and yeah the SC have been good in that respect, replacing rocker cover and seat quickly and easily.

It's the interior rattles/noises that are just starting so early in ownership of the car. Much harder to find, let alone fix!

Yeah, can be extremely frustrating. My wife looks at me like like I'm losing it when I drive around trying to listen and locate the rattles in the car. They just shouldn't be there after such low mileage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

I notice I'm much more sensitive noises/rattles in the car primarily as it much quieter. Im sure my previous ICE cars made as much noise, just that the engine and components masked them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's normal to get noises in cars. You would even get them in super cars. That fellas off the head bringing it up with Tesla over every little creak he hears.

• Advertisement

Its easily trivialised like that if you don't see any issues with your own car!

Its hardly every little noise I have brought up with Tesla. The issue with the seat was acknowledged by them as a manufacturing defect and replaced. It creaked like an old floorboard, I'm not sure why you think I would accept that and just carry on driving around with that issue on any car - I'm not sure anybody would!

The other noises I've mentioned are likely due to something loose in the car - again I don't know why you would think that's ok to accept poor manufacturing quality on a brand new product - there is people on here with all sorts of issues with poor manufacturing - a quick google will show you reams of pages and videos of peoples new M3s rattling inside. I've driven many different cars for a long time and these don't fall into the category of normal acceptable car noises, particularly after only a couple of '000kms.

Advertisement