Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant get Deeds

Options
  • 15-05-2023 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi,

Ive been trying to get deeds from BOI for the sale of my apt and nothing has been forthcoming. Three letters have been send by my solicitor starting over a month ago. I spoke to a person on the mortgage team last week who confirmed they have received these letters and that all looked to be in order. They couldn't explain the delay. This person was very apologetic and said she would get someone for call me from the deeds dept. Nobody called my or my solicitor. Im 35 mins on hold now to maddening "music" and getting nowhere.

A deposit is due on my new house which i cant pay as the sale of my apt is been held up by this. At this point I'm fearful that the sale of my apt and the purchase of my house will fall through as a result of this delay on behalf of Bank of Ireland.

Do you have a direct line with the Deeds dept so i can actually speak with someone.

Thanks

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Buttros

I lasted 70 mins on hold before giving up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi Mark, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie.

In this case you would need to contact our Mortgage Team on 016113333 in order to discuss this further with an advisor.

Please be assured that as soon as one of my colleagues is available they will take your call and assist you further as best as they can.

Thanks, Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

What's the point of BOI having a number when they don't answer? Endless on hold music or ringing tone. The deeds option is a black hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

When I eventually got through to them last month - I was told they would have call me back within two days - said that's the way they do things - they never did call me back.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Buttros

6 weeks now and no deeds. Completely useless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

If you could send us a PM we can assist you further there.

Thanks, Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gabriel_F

I am buying the house we live in directly from our landlady. The BOI website says deeds are in general sent over in 5-10 business days. My landlady's solicitors have requested the deeds and tried to contact BOI several times. Solicitors say they are trying daily. And yet, no deeds came back after weeks of waiting. Because of that I am now getting an increased interest rate on my mortgage (at least +0.7%) since the deeds never came, and we couldn't get the drawdown done. I have tried to contact BOI on their phone number to understand what the issue would be but no answer. Holding for 1 hour now and nothing, until they just cut me off.

This is just absurd! How come I must pay for the delay caused by BOI? What company nowadays think it is fine to have a service like that? We cannot even talk to them on the phone number they give us.

Is there a regulator body to complain to?

What else can we do?

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us.

Apologies, If the person named on the deeds or solicitor requesting on their behalf have yet to receive these, they can contact us in private message here or through Facebook messenger / Twitter @talktoboi

Unfortunately, the Team would be unable to discuss this directly with you on their behalf.

Many thanks

Alison

I have asked them to contact you. I have also sent a complaint to the bank.

I don’t need to discuss the deeds with BOI, we just need them to send the requested documents to the solicitors who requested them on behalf the person named on the deeds.

The request is there with you for weeks, BOI just needs to send them over.

We understand your frustration. We can certainly follow up if customer / solicitor reaches out to us.

Many thanks, Alison

• Advertisement

I have asked them to contact you guys. I am sure the solicitors have been in contact as much as possible, not sure through what channel though.

I am just begging you to send the deeds asap as it is all we need to get it done before my letter of offer expires. Please...?!

Thanks again.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to us here. Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. You can contact us in private message here or through Facebook messenger / Twitter @talktoboi and we can escalate the issue further. My colleague will happily assist you.

Thanks,

Niamh.

Advertisement