Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Politics MEGATHREAD

Options
1575859606163»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Gael23 wrote: »
    He has the ideas but Sinn Fein thing the money to pay for it grows on trees

Apparently it does for this gov too ........ billions we did not have spent on supporting their lockdowns for 'Covid'.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Hodger

hardybuck wrote: »
    I'll let you in on a secret - the opposition's plans aren't going to work either.

There is a old saying " the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result " voting for FG and FF again and expecting a different result on housing is insanity.

When the next general election is held Id be leaning towards voting SF first preference and If I had the choice Id vote and follow up with Direct Democracy Ireland ( If they ran a candidate ) and Independents with transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Gael23 wrote: »
    He has the ideas but Sinn Fein thing the money to pay for it grows on trees
    Apparently it does for this gov too ........ billions we did not have spent on supporting their lockdowns for 'Covid'.

we have become overly reliant on the magical credit money trees within private sector financial institutions, its time to move towards public domain magic money trees which we are currently doing, in regards covid, its a potentially safer way to run our economies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Because The magic money tree, A. k, A. the ECB, is buying up the majority of government debt.When that comes to a halt, roll on tax increases and public spending cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Finnbar01 wrote:
    Because The magic money tree, A. k, A. the ECB, is buying up the majority of government debt.When that comes to a halt, roll on tax increases and public spending cuts.

This doesn't need to occur, the debts can and should be left sit on the books, as long as their serviced, it ll be fine, but since we continually keep electing fiscal conservatives, that may not occur, as they believe books need to be balanced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭spaceCreated

Not exactly Waterford politics but Ivana Bacik is running in the by-elction in Dublin, her Grandfather was involved in the setup of the Crystal factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Can't see Marc getting in again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Can't see Marc getting in again

I'd be surprised if he didn't.

donnolly turned down wlr for an interview this morning,

Where's he gone? Seems to gone into hiding recently. Maybe it's hibernation time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭SeanieW1977

Matt Shanahan really made a jack-ass out of himself over weekend on twitter.

Hard to know where to start, but his 15 stone ripped nephew isnt even the peak of this summit.

We are so badly represented its laughable, Matt is an ignoramus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Gardner

up there with Ollie Wilkinson and Ciara Conway as one of the worst politicians ever to represent Waterford.

Matt wouldn't know much about woman..... sure doesn't he a have history of voting against woman rights.

Absolutely embarrassing stuff. Has a history of talking down to women. He called Mary Butler a "Barbie explorer". He's starting to come across as little more than a bully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Now that the HSE is being split back into regions, will Ardkeen continue to be part of CUH or split off again? They will be in different regions.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Looks like we are being lumped in with Dublin, in a new region called HSE Dublin and South East

https://assets.hse.ie/media/documents/Introducing_HSE_Health_Regions.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Valhalla90

It would kill them to give the South East its own health region. At least we will have nothing to do with Cork that was an absolute disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I don't think this particularly belongs in the politics megathread. I was expecting to see a post on the upcoming referendum or the local and European elections next year.

Makes a lot more sense to be linking the South East with Dublin than Cork. Imagine the frustration in being sent from Gorey down to Waterford (never mind Cork) for treatment when you're closer to St Vincent's.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Reading the comment above about Matt Shanahan, its my opinion that he has been the only local pol who has spoken up for Waterford. All others have swallowed the party line on everything. John Cummins and Mary Butler to a terrible extent. O'Cathasaigh at least believes sincerely in the green agenda. David Cullinane, with national profile, has been a huge dsappointment. He is afraid to mention Waterford at all. I hope that the 20,000 who voted for him are taking note of what to expect from him of SF get into power. Nothing!

Matt Shanahan would sell his soul to get a ministerial job. He is also said a lot of stupid **** on Twitter over the years, lots of ill-informed comments.

I would sell my soul for a senior ministry if I was in politics. Maybe thats what Mr Cullinane, who also has siad some stupid stuff, is doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Rustyman101

They say all politics are local, our mob seems to have completely forgotten that.

Cullinane with his stance on the University, one for everyone in the audience. Going for the SE vote now WD is sown up for SF.

Butler with her stance on the border extension and generally nodding towards "the party" line on everything.

The green lad nothing of note comes to mind, they are finished in the next election IMHO.

At least Shanahan mentions Waterford and asks questions.

Cummins another party apologist non entity.

Christ we are poorly represented in this forgotten county & city.

While Cork,Limerick & Galway push ahead we get crumbs.

Cullen was the last Waterford politician who delivered, PD come FF.

Wonder what dross we will have to choose from next time round.

Mulligan would have been better than Butler but he was knifed on his finances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭914

No surprise, the only grade 4 hospital in the country that isn't the leader/driver in its own region.

Cork, Limerick and Galway all the leading hospitals in their respective regions while Waterford currently under CUH and now soon to be under Dublin.

Seen as Cullinan is SF spokesperson it will be interesting to here his position on it and he seems to have forgotten about Waterford. His stance on SETU was shocking.

The rest will preach what a great day this is for Waterford as they did when we were placed under CUH and the SETU shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

Look how many regions Dublin hospitals are in... You can imagine Dublin will capture the bulk of these region's budgets for their own ends.

Mulligan would have self-sabotaged one way or another. Man was a walking PR disaster. I've heard how he's treated people in the past too. Not very nice things either.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

It's the usual story with each major Dublin hospital wanting and getting it's own fiefdom and fcuk the begrudgers and the savages in the Southeast. We'll have the "privilege" of being referred to St. Vincent's in leafy D4 now instead of trekking down to CUH, a slightly longer journey on a good day, a nightmare stuck on the M50 on a bad day.

Yeah you may be right I have also heard some less than complimentary things as well.

Still prefer him to butler, very low bar in this constituency......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Wasn't he the chap who ran as an independent councillour and then switched over to FF when he got in?

Yip that's the lad.

You shouldn't be allowed do that IMHO.

If you change horses you resign and run under your new banner.

Still better than butler

• Advertisement
Advertisement