Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2023 in Revenue - Tax, Audit and Compliance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kkcat11

Has anyone been given a start date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Pen100

Any updates? It looks like the Garda vetting is complete. I wonder what happens next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭scullersky

Mine is done too, I was asked last week for my current HR details and haven't geard anything since.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CivilCybil

Still waiting on Garda vetting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭NigelB770

Garda vetting complete on Thursday, had to send in Citizenship Declaration Form on Friday but hears nothing since. Presumably its reference checks now 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 greyhound101

Has anybody heard anything since? Extremely drawn out process…

No nothing, haven’t heard anything for a week now. Hoping we get a start date soon

Got an email from them today but not sure what exactly they want me to provide them, it's worded as if I'm making an internal move to a new department which isn't the case, the email came from PAS too so I'm thinking it's a mistake or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Saulgudman

Hi All,

anyone got a start date yet?

I got offered a position last month, vetting completed on Monday and all forms submitted but now silence and very difficult to get a clear response from point of contact.

Hey, nope, haven’t heard anything in about 2 weeks. I think this stage takes a couple of weeks though, hopefully hear something soon

• Advertisement

My garda vetting is complete and I've had an email asking for permission to contact my current employer.

From my last experience they contacted asking for permission on 3rd of the month and I had an email from them on 12th with where I was being assigned.

Not sure if it will be as quick etc when the training doesn't start until September. I wouldn't think anyone will be starting before mid to late August in line with the training. The wait continues!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Stace432

How long did your vetting take?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 greyhound101

Unbelievably slow. Over 5 weeks since I provisionally accepted.

Got the email asking permission to contact employer on Monday. I'm pretty sure last year when I went through similar process a start date was discussed prior to them contacting my employer, this allowed me to hand in my notice to them and then they contacted them to get the reference which, as most companies do now, simply said "we can confirm X worked with us from this date to present" and that's it.

Less than 2 weeks for me from submission to returned results. When I did it last year it took almost 6 weeks but was told there wad a big backlog at that time

I have found this too. Got a nonsensical email from them initially this week, queried it and got further responses from them but they did even seem to be reading my email and understand why I queried their initial email, they finally then said after about 4 or 5 emails back and forth that they were looking for my permission to contact my employer, which I had already previously provided anyways

I submitted the form on 31/07. The vetting was completed on 14/07 but the report was not sent to Revenue until 19/07.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 newnewnewnew

I emailed them today for an update and they said they just need to contact my current employer then they will come back with official start date. He said it will be in Sept but il have to give two months notice so wont be able to start til end of Sept so hopefully that isnt an issue

Anyone know how long after contacting your current employer that they come back with a start date?

• Advertisement

They contacted my current employer at some stage ast week and came back with a start date yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kkcat11

I was given a start date of 28th august or sooner if possible.

Great thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 17 newnewnewnew

N/A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭scullersky

@newnewnewnew

Did Revenue come back to you with the issue? I would have thought that once you current employer said they don't normally give these that everything should be ok.

Anyone that got the official offer to start on or before August 28th heard anything since about contracts / paperwork etc?

Got offer a few days ago to start on or before 28th Aug..no sign of contracts/paperwork yet though.

A week now since I got the offer and accepted and heard nothing since

I got the offer on Friday and accepted it - I didn't get a start date but was told the division local to me would be in contact in due course.

• Advertisement

Right, they didn't say that to me, openassignments said they themselves would be in touch with me regarding the contract

Advertisement