Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Si_zx10r

In respect of recent developments, I am hoping the same but looks to be a way off yet. I did say to my partner the other night, I personally think come April next year, our merit pool will start to move pretty quickly. I can't see how the numbers can be allowed to drop much lower than the current levels and the predicted levels if things continue the way they are currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

For those who have attended the medical, what all does it actually entail? Is it mostly answering questions and the smt?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭psnaye2023

3 stages basically. Firstly they’ll talk you through your Questionnaire and do BMI, height etc as well as an eye test. Secondly you’ll go and do your hearing test, then finally is the SMT. Took me just over an hour

Is the ear test just your standard click when you hear a beep one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 UserNotFound

I’ve been a silent reader for so long but finally have made an account!

I initially failed my PCA but have passed the resit. Would defo recommend if you’re not training to start now, no matter where you are on the list as I really underestimated how difficult it is.

A lot of people also did not turn up for the resit so would be interesting to know how many have withdrawn now.

Does anyone know how long after completing the online learning you received your medical date?

Thanks

• Advertisement

I think it’s not really to do with your online learning. You get given a medical date shortly after you’ve found out you passed the PCA date. Usually tends to be a month or two after the PCA

They will update the chart on join psni website at some stage. There have been 50 withdrawals/drop outs to date already. Imagine the numbers will be quite high for this recruitment drive as its been nearly 2 years and people fed up waiting/have found something else. Until there is an executive in NI, it looks like psni's hands are tied. Bulk of their budget savings are coming from the recruitment freeze which isn't practical long term, something has to give eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CG97

Alright folks.

Is anyone here NIPS?

I recently applied for a change of scenery and to bridge the gap between now and GV (360 - 400 ML) I’ve passed the initial test and been given a date for interview.

hoping since I’ve passed AC I’ll breeze though this interview, but does anyone have any tips? What they ask etc?

many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Boneyard2002

What interview for NIPS are you talking about? For this campaign there is only online assessments and pre employment checks?

How are we all getting on with vetting? Anyone heard back yet

• Advertisement

Not a peep yet. Had checks done on my credit report ages ago though so I’ve definitely been looked at. Don’t want to jinx it but if there was a problem would you presumably know sooner rather than later?

It’s only been 3-4 months to be fair. I think that’s about average at the best of times but imagine with lack of manpower and no rush it’s probably slowed. No news is good news!

Rather scary security breach in the news there as well🫣

Yeah I saw that. That’s a bit alarming and I can see some people having to move houses over this but I’m sure that’s something you have to accept with the job

Anyone think this latest data breach might finish this recruitment drive for most of us? due to the magnitude of what's happened, it has put the psni in a very vulnerable position. If claims start pouring in following whats happened, the psni will be left unrecognisable unless a huge surge of cash is made available. This is just my opinion, I have been holding out hope in the next 12 months I will be at final stages but it less very unlikely with everything that's going on

I’d say the opposite. Have Naomi Long on saying there could be mass resignations, I think it could be the straw that broke the camel’s back for anyone thinking of leaving, especially after the shooting in February.

I do think it could lead to a more dramatic organisational change within the top ranks though. Hopefully whatever happens it leads to money from somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johnny990

It seems a massive human error and a wonder the email wasn't double checked. It might actually have done deliberately.

Apparently it was a complete mistake but that was a monumental whoopsie. It would be a concern for anyone working in CT or organised crime seeing as their roles were leaked to

I hope we are still in the running but looks as though, it will be a tough road ahead regardless given the numbers and current state of the psni. There's quite a bit of stuff coming out of woodwork with unfair treatment etc but seems to be steaming from the higher ups within organisation. Simon Byrne has been saying psni faces being left looking unrecognisable without intervention and now it seems there is no option but intervention now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Lighthouse666

I didn't think I'd be so glad to not get the call yet 😟

A real concern for officer's & staff, I also can't imagine the weight of responsibility now on person/person's who accidentally leeked this if anything were to happen to staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Fusk_Asker

I'd say the opposite also. It'll only serve to encourage more resignations and with such a cry for more officers and lack of funds - it would be foolish to waste the money put into the 2021 recruitment campaign. It's convenient for them to have a readily avilable pool to recruit from... which moreover may shrink. I'm imagining this has to have some people quesitoning a career in the police.

• Advertisement

Its hard to believe all this info was available to administrative staff. Particularly names of Psni working in surveillance and Intelligence.

I think that's what's so strange about it, you would think such sensitive information couldn't be shared publicly with the push of a button. Will be interesting to see what happens over the coming weeks. Probably going to be an influx of claims because of it and resignations from the force for fear of safety and family members safety

And another security breach reported on Belfast life. Laptop with 200 Psni officers details stolen from a as Senior Psni officers car.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Naomi Long has her finger on the pulse of the rank and file within the PNSI does she? My ball****. There will be no mass resignations. Not because of this alone. Your average 'Robert' has too many financial commitments to throw a massive tantrum and just walk away. Multiply that several times over for members with families. If you're afraid for your personal security, then you're in the wrong job. If you want to stay in Northern Ireland, do you think it's better to stay within the organisation, with all its resources to protect you. Going back to civvy street, facing the same level of risk, but having no firearm to defend yourself with, nor intelligence to gauge threat, is an awfully lonely place to be.

Despite what's happened and make no mistake, heads must roll starting with Simple Simon, the level of threat faced by the average PSNI officer, is nothing like it was for the RUC officers who went before you. Compared to almost every other police service in the world, the level of threat is exponentially higher here. Especially for certain categories of officers. Which is why, the steady erosion of terms and conditions is absolutely shameful.

However the increased threat now faced by certain categories of officers as a result of this massive clusterf**k, extends to their partners, children, extended families and friends. It's for that reason amongst others, that heads must role and that must start with the compromise candidate for C/Con that the PSNI had forced upon it by Sinn Fein. The new C/Con needs to take a long hard look at the civilian clowns in the 'leadership' team.

In multinationals the rule of thumb is that in a comparable applicant pool, you lose about ten percent of candidates, for every month that you delay making offers and getting them accepted. I have no idea what the stats might be for the PSNI. Not quite as bad, I would guess. But, even if it's only 5% per month. You can do the math.

As for Simple Simon saying that without 'intervention' the PSNI will be unrecognisable. That just illustrates how weak he is. If the PSNI ends up not fit for purpose, the responsibility will be his. That what leadership means.

Was there an email update today? Apparently was but I’ve nothing in spam etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ynwa22

Had nothing myself, do u know what it was regarding?

Apparently just a general email confirming none of our details were included in the breach

• Registered Users Posts: 37 WarzoneGuy1997

Yeah I got the email basically was just saying none of our information was breached etc

Concerning some haven’t got the email. Not a big deal for such general info but if that was actionable and I missed it I’d be devastated

• Advertisement

Yes, basically just to confirm our personal information wasn't compromised.

Advertisement