Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Grace259

So what batch was being brought in this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Depotdoc

It would have been a combination of dozens of batches. Batches mean nothing really. They don’t have enough to fill the classes so they’ll be taking anyone who’s file is complete

• Registered Users Posts: 39 osk112

That's true there was people from batch 10 that got called in for the 31st July so its random for every candidate

Can anyone advise what happens if you fail a component of the physical?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 berry2020

A question for ye all. It looks like I might need a hearing aid for my left ear to pass the high frequency sounds. Is it acceptable to join with a hearing aid??

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 ba2002

Similar situation mate. i done everything march and still waiting on local station meeting

• Registered Users Posts: 19 darrenq97

Got my offer for October intake. Any WhatsApp groups going?

Does anyone know if we can defer an offer of a start date? And if so how many times can you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Holly2022

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shaneos436

You can only defer an offer if it’s received less than a months notice I was told be appointments, if you refuse an offer with a month or more notice without genuine circumstances I wouldn’t think it be wise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 darrenq97

Did they notified you by email or called you? Is that confirmed or just they said the next intake is October

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭leheaven

Anyone else from batch 1/2 waiting?

Post edited by leheaven on

Post edited by osk112 on

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭leheaven

sorry didn’t quote who I was answering.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 denmiester

Hello everyone just seeing if anyone can give me an opinion on my situation. I was in batch 5 after the interview last November and finished the fitness and medical at the end of January, I only met the Sargent at the start of may and superintendent on the 11th of may (he said he had no issue sending back up the file to HQ based on the meetings), station must have been busy with the 3 month gap. But got noting since then, iv lived in 4 Irish addresses over the years. I'm 33 so maby the suitability checks could be drawn out. Just wondering if anyone else has a similar timeline or situation to shed a bit of light on it all for me, thanks in advance everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Physeter

I was similar circumstance and now nearly out of the college, although I was waiting about 1 month for confirmation after completing everything. Send an email to HRPD requesting a status update of your application every ~2 weeks. They'll tell you what they're waiting on internally. Beyond that, there's nothing you can do other than wait.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Physeter

You'll be invited back to repeat the failed section in its entirety once more. If you fail again, HRPD will require an explanation (a few paragraphs in an email) from you as to why they should approve you continuing within the competition. If they approve, you will be invited to repeat for a final time. If you fail any component again they will close your file and you will be exited from the competition. As far as I am aware, this will not disqualify you from entering in subsequent competitions.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sam1995

Hi guys,I've recently done an eye test, I'm +3.75 in both eyes, 6/9.5 unaided and 6/7.6 aided. Is this good enough to get past the medical?

Thanks very much for that I'll drop them an email so, appreciate the help all the best in there yourself👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

Anyone else get offers for October intake yet ?

Thanks again Physeter I sent on that Email and they said they have my medical but my background checks were ongoing, I assume that means the checks done from above your local station level because they said all seemed ok there and that they would send the file back to Dublin HQ. The Email just went on to say once all facets of your application were complete they would be in touch about an intake date.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ba2002

well guys, was wondering if anyone else in a similar situation. I passed everything in march and my vetting started in march too. My vetting is completed but the only part left is local station meeting. I haven't been contacted by local station yet even though it has been nearly 5 months. I contacted Hr they said they sent reminder to the station but still no contact from station. anyone else here faced similar situation? any advice? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 29 g_or97

It’s the community policing sgt who does your first meeting, I’d just ring the station and ask to speak to him and try arrange it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shaneos436

Not necessarily community policing, it’s the sgt in charge who looks after that

You should go through Sgt>Inspector>Chief Superintendant as your 3 meetings part of recruitment

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kaycon

Not everyone has to go through all 3 , in some cases sgt is sufficient . At max you’ll have 2

Oh I didn't know that then, I went through all 3 in my own experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 WestEire00

Hi all

Sharing my experience on time lines.

Had my fitness test towards the end of July and done a medical last week, got a call from local station the other day to meet super over the coming week. Hopefully all goes well after that. Anyone in a similar position?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 2023recruit

Anyone know or advise a b&b or cheap accommodation to be recommended if going to templemore for fitness test so reared the night before

Advertisement