Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,650 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ireland missed out not inventing our own energy drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,554 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Sure, there was nothing wrong with spiking somebody's drink back in the day.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,223 ✭✭✭squonk

Being serious fur a moment. This really is awful, awful radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭calculator

I suspect we're all reaching for the beer listening to this. It's batshit altogether.

Hold on, batshit might be a cure for something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭Deeec

I know it sounds crazy - it could of course be coincidence that the bleeding stopped.

The commotion in the house when this happened is so memorable- often during the night there would be a knock on the door to make this call with a very upset family at the door. Making this call always gave comfort. There are people that still thank my parents for making calls for them to this guy. Different times now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭avfc1874

When anyone on liveline says I've a funny story to tell,that means you're about to be bored senseless,

Just in. Kevin McAleer is shîtting himself. Liveline has brought a load of people doing his act better than him out of the woodwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Ring joe or Ring Worm. Take your pick.

• Advertisement

Tis a cure for my malaise anyway. This crap is gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭archfi

I love hearing these folklore stories, it'd be a pretty boring country without them.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

There's a healer guy somewhere near me, who takes no money.

Funny thing is, everybody who visits him leaves a sizeable tip in the jar his wife has - totally voluntary of course.

Amazing how that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Ive switched off Liveline. I can't be doing with that sh*te anymore.

I'd be the first to agree that there are all manner of unexplanable things that happen in life. Even the US Congress had a hearing this week on the eistence of UFOs.

But anyone who believes Mary down the road can cure your thrush by breathing on it, or Paddy up at de farm can cure warts by running his ring over it should have their right to vote taken off them.

Piss on the cake, feed it to the dog, do what with the dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Joe would lose the plot with this one, laughing at death and illness is not allowed on Joe's watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭archfi

'She prayed over the urine' (may not be true)

:)

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

I’d say this cawlur has had a few already! Very slurred

Ah heeyoor, you can't just give up like that! It's amusing in conjunction with this always is. They all sound mad. TYFS anyway, you will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

A soiled baby's nappy in baby's mouth wtf!!!

• Advertisement

I suspect we're all reaching for the beer listening to this. It's batshit altogether.

Im reaching for the Irn Bru.

Yeah, amazing we couldnt come up with an Irish equivalent that peole else might actually like.

Red Lemonade doesn't count.

I wonder if sometime warts just go away on their own?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Around here it's believed that if two people of the same name get married one of them has a cure.

The other one is if a child doesn't see his father he/she has a cure of some sort. That doesn't mean half the country have a cure ha ha. The child's father dies shortly before his birth or shortly after for he/she to have a cure.

Mi wadi? Used to have it a lot as was given free in the pub.

says you who is already at the sherry listening to this sh1te. Maybe with a spliff or a half a pint of scotch this might be enjoyable but im far too sober to appreciate this 'humour'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

These people are for the birds!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭Deeec

I would have heard that too - I dont know what they have the cure of though

Away and feck off - some bog stranger licking your child's burn.

• When my mother was in her last hours got a call from an Indian nurse “it is not looking good for your mother”, I knew what I was hearing but I was in a tiny bit of denial, “are we talking hours or days”… “she is not good”. Raced in and obviously it was the end, asked how she was “I’m ok” we’re her last words, an hour of SP02 fading to 50%, 4 big gasps and that was it. My aunt beside me said “is she really gone?” First thing, I asked the nurse to look into corneal donation. Couple of days later on Liveline re organ donation.

Indian medical staff tend not to beat around the bush, and can seem blunt at the worst of times. But I’ve had particularly good experiences with Pakistani medics, last one in SVUH was enormously sympathetic and said “isn’t this the time of your life you are supposed to be reaping the rewards of stability after a lifetime of work, aren’t you meant to be enjoying life? Instead you are struck down with this, it’s not nice for you, I will be thinking of you”. I thought it was a lovely thing to say, considering they don’t always make that effort.

• Advertisement

Jebus this frog licking lady sounds absolutely crazy.

Advertisement