Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEMU (Ireland) bargains (NO CHAT)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

€1.38 for the cable

€3.82 Black

different color different price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Got my 1st test order - about a week an a half in total. Quality is grand - Aliexpress stuff without Aliexpress wait times is a winner in book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

What is the accuracy of their predicted delivery dates like? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

They give you a big window of estimated delivery time. I ordered last Thursday. Was due between 1st and 10th August. Arrived today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I've had 5 deliveries so far and all within a week so they are well within the estimated delivery dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hallaz

I ordered last Friday, received today.

An Post, no delivery issues, no customs charges.

For my random first order i got 3ds pens, canvas posters, movie car reg plate, ceramic spoon, shower head hole cleaner, stickers and all goods were as described and good quality.

I also bought some Shoe Slot organisers, plastic spoon and while they were of a thinner plastic than i expected they are still grand for use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Notmything

Made 2 orders on 27/07, mainly out of curiosity.

Shock of shocks the one sent via fastway never arrived, says it was signed for at 8am. I was at work noone else home, yet it was signed for. Requested a refund and it was approved within minutes.

The other order is with An Post at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Fastway have a habit of leaving them outside and not ringing the bell. Bizarre really that they would walk to your front door and not ring the bell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I have ordered 2 items from Aliexpress sellers and one from a Temu Seller on the same day, kind of like a test(paid TEMU by paypal). TEMU is not going well. Seller put up a tracking number, 3 days later removed it, 2 days later I asked customer service how I contact the seller or cancel. Mysteriously within an hour I got a new tracking number so I now await if it moves. As the item was still marked as shipped(although not shipped anymore) the options were limited, you couldn't cancel nor could you encourage shipping(whatever the button was called). My estimate is the 2nd August to the 11th August so there is still time. I'm just so used to the Aliexpress snail mail approach.

What I tend to do is track using CAINAO not the An Post site as you don't see that until it picks it up in Dublin otherwise. I can see the two from Aliexpress on their way, both moving through the Netherlands but no movement from the Temu variant.

What I really hate about TEMU are all the notifications in the APP itself. They really put me off visting the App more often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Maths_Teacher

You can turn off as many notifications and permissions in the app as you wish. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,441 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I have the app, don't know why I've only ordered once weeks ago,but only get an email once or twice a day. Easily ignored.

Heavy advertising and a lot of promotion of this site going on. Took a look and it just seems to be aliexpress with quicker shipping? So lots of poorly built crap that wasn’t needed anyway. Just buying stuff for the sake of it in most cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Maths_Teacher

"Just buying stuff for the sake of it."

I'm pretty sure that's the Bargain Alerts motto. 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,684 ✭✭✭✭zell12

€4 t-shirt

Edit: never mind, one is €3 in Penneys

Post edited by zell12 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭bassy

What's the best way to work out there waist size?,I am 34 waist but not sure of the sizes on temu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Have seen two people on instagram claiming that they had their card scammed after using Temu - a few days of a euro being taken before a larger sum was taken. Both had bought from Temu just before it started happening.

Anyone noticed anything similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

It was An Post for me and I could redirect delivery to my local GPO.

I got the €3 backpack as an offer with the first order. It's actually really good, decent size, loads of capacity. You would get away with it on Ryanair.

I'm now onto a 5th tracking number for them for my order. Supposed to arrive by the 12th so they've time but thats awful messing about really. Ordered 7 days ago.

I asked them to cancel and refund it. They said no so I opened a PayPal dispute. They then asked me why I did that. I'll escalate it to PayPal fully if I get a 6th tracking number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,684 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Ah that's not fair on them at all. Give them until the 12th, and then contact them

I disagree. After the first tracking number was removed(shipping issue it said) I asked them after 48 hrs is there an update. Their update was to give me a new one and each day since then invariably I get a different tracking number.

I asked them to cancel and refund it because of the messing. As they said No I opened a dispute with PayPal (not escalated either, just a dispute). Completely acceptable behaviour of a buyer, protect your money in the face of a transaction that is abnormal.

Whether it arrives by the delivery date is one thing, and the dispute would be cancelled.

EDIT, just checked on the App for the lols and I have another tracking number. That's 2 tracking numbers today alone. I think I've been more than fair with this order.

Guys anyone recommend a drone from temu and spare battery or 2.

Wonder how long the flying time is ??.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Buffman

If you did nothing and the parcel didn't arrive by the time they originally said, you would have gotten a full refund + €5 euro voucher for late delivery, and saved yourself all the hassle/time of contacting everyone.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭snor

My order arrived well within the delivery time. Happy with all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭thefa

Arrived today - timeline was up to the 12th. Few bits and bobs, most expensive was a shirt and shorts combo for holidays.

The shirt is grand for the price and was my usual size. Would not recommend the shorts though, uncomfy fit and material.

Any idea the sizes for L track bottoms,as in what size should be picked on the site for size L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,441 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Bought a coat earlier on they had "Asian sizes"marked on the size guide,so I was an XXL. Normally a large.

Get the measuring tape out is the safest way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

2 orders to date, both came within a week, one by An Post and the other GLS - both packages pretty much the same size. All sorts of random Knick knck and bits for the kids but good value.

Ive reviewed my items but you don’t seem to get points like you would with SHEIN whi h would be handy to knock a few quid off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭doc22

I see aliexpress have choice free shiping and returns on some items to compete now....

Advertisement