Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

`Obviously anyone who voted for him had totally forgotting about this and must not have had any family or friends killed in it because how coukd you vote for someone as vile as Trump when he clearly shows that he cares nothing g about anyone's else but his own power and ratings.`

Unfortunately they don't care about any of that stuff. Don't forget that Trump has been found to be a rapist/sex pest by a judge in a court of law, yet it doesn't appear to have cost him any support in the polls whatsoever. I don't believe that there's a single thing that he could do or say that'd lose him his core voter. It is the absolute definition of a brainwashed cult at this stage, and it's hard to see any way out of it in the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,710 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yes it's very sad. Hopefully there is not enough of them to have any meaningful effect on the next election if Trump is the Republican candidate.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Exactly.

He's here because of his actions and nothing else.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,569 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

People have always been somewhat partisan when judging their opponents versus their own side. That's human nature and even subconciously it is understandable that there will be some sort of bias or inclination to look favorably on things.

But what we've seen is the collapse of a minimum level of decency that could be expected to be upheld.

Many people who achieve powerful positions are known to be promiscuous. I'm sure there's a biological link or the self-confidence in a part of ones life exists in another. Trump isn't to be ridiculed for that, nor Johnson in the UK. And several prominent Left wing Presidents were so inclined. Particularly Kennedy and of course Clinton.

But the significant difference there is that while their relationships were inappropriate, their endeavors in as much as was ever proven to any meaningful sense is that they were consensual.

In recent times, Al Franken, a Democratic Representative (and radio host and comedian) was accused of acting inappropriately and resigned his congress seat. Trump is a convicted sex predator, Matt Gaetz was investigated for sex trafficking and yet the MAGA/QANON cult think that they have the righteous upper hand. Like, it just doesn't make sense.

One other thing that comes to mind again and again is that Obama was the cleanest President in any of our lifetimes.

The best they could go at him with was the birther nonsense and you just know they turned every stone upside down looking for something on him.

When you look at the effort they've put in to Hunter Biden in an effort to discredit Joe, I bet that people who drove past Obama's house as a child were asked did they see anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I see that Kevin McCarthy is getting a bit annoyed by questions about the 2020 election and trumps actions in the aftermath. He went on a rant about how you shouldn’t try and go after someone you disagree with.

The problem is while democrats did raise objections to issues from some states, Al Gore and joe Biden in their roles of being a democratic VP certifying a republicans candidate win both rejected points of order for democrats and certified the elections for George W Bush(that can’t have very easy for Al Gore) and Donald Trump respectively and on neither occasion did democratic losing candidate try to send in fake slates of electors and on neither occasion did any of their supporters try and stop the official proceedings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

It’s not that many election cycles ago that opposition to the Iraq war and the spreading of American democracy would have you branded a traitor. Now a man who ran against it and is trying to undermine that democracy is seen as the person who can save America is mind boggling.

Latest CNN Poll

The share of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents who believe that President Joe Biden’s 2020 election win was not legitimate has ticked back up, according to a new CNN poll fielded throughout July. All told, 69% of Republicans and Republican-leaners say Biden’s win was not legitimate.

Overall, 61% of Americans say Biden did legitimately win enough votes to win the presidency, and 38% believe that he did not. Among registered voters who say they cast a ballot for Trump in 2020, 75% say they have doubts about Biden’s legitimacy.

Thats a heck of a lot of people.

The same polls numbers are not good for Biden, his overall approval rating stands at 41%, about on par with where it’s been since the spring. His approval drops to 37% when Americans assess his handling of the economy and further still to 30% for his handling of inflation. Among political independents, a scant 26% approve of his handling of inflation.

The public remains broadly negative about the state of the country, with just 29% saying things are going well in the US and 71% that they’re going poorly, roughly the same as earlier this year.

In one notable shift since late last year, most now say they trust Republicans in Congress (54%) over Biden (45%) to deal with the major issues facing the country today. There’s a steep decline in trust for Biden among people of color who do not have college degrees (from 64% who trusted Biden more then to 49% now). Others hold largely similar views now as they did in December.

Thats pretty alarming that more people trust Republicans in Congress over Biden to deal with the major issues.

People are basically saying that they dont want Biden and they dont want Trump for the next President but unfortunately it will be these 2 geriatrics on the ballot.

The lesser of two evils.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

More whataboutery.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Economics101

I think it is Joe Biden (a real President) who referred to DJT as "the former guy". So it TFG Trump for me from now on. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Partly about Biden.

Did you miss the bit about

The share of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents who believe that President Joe Biden’s 2020 election win was not legitimate has ticked back up, according to a new CNN poll fielded throughout July. All told, 69% of Republicans and Republican-leaners say Biden’s win was not legitimate.

Overall, 61% of Americans say Biden did legitimately win enough votes to win the presidency, and 38% believe that he did not. Among registered voters who say they cast a ballot for Trump in 2020, 75% say they have doubts about Biden’s legitimacy.

Isnt this the crux of the Jan 6th charges against Trump ?

People trust Republicans in Congress more than Biden to deal with the major issues facing the country today

If this thread is about Trump only I suggest that you and others stop mentioning/bashing the Republican party in general and other Republican politicians too.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

I always see it as The Fat Gobshíte but probably because that's how an aunt of mine described trump.

As I said, whataboutery.

I don't give a f*ck what the party of infant grooming, school shootings and fascism says is or is not legitimate.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 29,481 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

61% of Americans don't buy Trump's narrative... a clear majority. Yet this is a problem for Biden and not Trump???

Trump isn't running for Congress.

Pretty desperate stuff.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

"Isnt this the crux of the Jan 6th charges against Trump?"

Why don't you read the indictment and get an answer to your own question?

TL:DR? No

• Registered Users Posts: 11,486 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Who care if they believe it was legitimate or not, or more of them do. They have NO PROOF!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,451 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Isnt this the crux of the Jan 6th charges against Trump ?

Nope. You clearly lied when you said you read the indictment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Are you now saying that the fact the prosecutor and judges are black women is unfair? Conspiring against his racism or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I've been distributing this online as and when required.

Please feel free to use it...

Thats pretty alarming that more people trust Republicans in Congress over Biden to deal with the major issues.

It's very alarming because it proves that too many people buy the BS that Republicans would deliver better for the American people.

Objectively speaking, Biden has done much better than a lot of people expected from him. He passed significant acts to help with the recovery from Covid, to help with infrastructure development, to cut down on inflation. All of which have shown positive responses.

He has been close to perfect on Ukraine and is 1,000 times more Presidential in how he engages with the issues, the public and the media than the last guy proved to be at any point in the 4 years he was in office.

Trump before the last election said he was going to jail Hillary, drain the swamp, hire the best people and get rid of Obamacare. He demonstrably, and catastrophically failed in every respect. Every one of them. That's aside from his acts that completely justified his double impeachment and all the rest of the sh*t that went on around the 2020 election.

There is categorically no evidence to suggest that Trump in 2024 would be better than Biden, irrespective of the ages of them both, even if Trump hadn't so many indictments hanging over him.

You should be asking yourself why so many Republicans may think as they do, despite the evidence in front of their eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

Firstly he kept oil prices low and the economy was growing up to covid. Secondly he managed to get a few middle east nations to make péace with Israel. Thirdly he cut business regulations. Fourtly by supreme court appointments he gave the right to individual states to decide on abortion. The 1973 judgement was flawed. The founders never had abortion in mind when they wrote the constitution in the 1780s

Do you have a single fact to back up your views?

Personally I like Republicans on social issues except abortion. However in terms of gun control and social equality I prefer the Democrats but even they are not great on social equality.

They are both different wings of business party

Trump is not suitable for any elected office but it would be naive to dismiss all of his policies or achievements

The media in Ireland is totally bias against him

• Advertisement

There's a reason for that bias, it is due him for his actions. Which policies and achievements are you referring to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement