Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC23 Warmups - Ireland v Italy, Sat 5th Aug, KO 8PM - TV: RTÉ2 and RTÉ Player, Amazon Prime Video

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭phog

I know this was probably discussed ages ago but fcuk me 8 o'clock for an international friendly game is stupid time. I'm glad I didn't go looking for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Is this live on Premier Sports like the other summer series games are?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

No. RTE have the Irish rights. All games are on Amazon.

Looks like Joe public agrees with me on the kick off time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭Shehal

I would much rather go to a 8 o'clock match then a 1 o'clock match, but each to their own!

• Advertisement

I suppose it depends on where you live and if you want to bring kids, etc.

But a match finishing around 22:00hrs makes it a very late trip home or an expensive overnight in Dublin for a lot of people living outside of Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭Shehal

That is true. I used to live in Cork so travelling up to even Limerick for Munster games (never mind Dublin!) was an absolute treck when it was an early kick off. Bringing Kids though is a big reason why I would not like a late kick off so I get that perspective.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Just note, all games are on Amazon in the United Kingdom. Republic of Ireland viewers will not be able to watch on Amazon this time around. (Yes I know we could last year. Different deal).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

That makes sense. I noticed that the Scotland v France game is on Premier 2.

The same happens when Amazon have their Premier League games.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,519 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Thanks for that , I was wondering why they weren't available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭OldRio

So much for having Amazon Prime. I checked yesterday and Now TV wanted nearly 34 euro a month. Today its 16.99.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

OT but there’s a very good thread over in Bargain Alerts for Now TV discounts. They are so aplenty that you should rarely have to pay full price. Also if you’re near a Tesco, you might, if you’re lucky, be able to pick up remaining Smart Stick stock (if there’s any left) that will get you a pass for sports that should cover you for the duration of the warm ups at a much cheaper rate than the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭a2deden

So the only place to watch is RTE in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

What is it that the best ranked team gets the worst KO time? Who is running World Rugby right now, the TV companies?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah 8pm kick off is annoying esp having to get the 23.45 Bus home but is what it is

Hoping to wet my whistle on my way to the Aviva. Prob stay around Baggott Street as they might be less busy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I don't see a problem with the TV companies having a very large input to ensure ensure staggered kick-off times. Presumably they'd pay far less if there was a risk of of complete overlap. After that it's just a case of who gets which slot. The next weekend that we play Ireland gets the middle slot and France the late one.

They seem to be putting the most high-profile game (as opposed to the best team) into the 5.30 slot, which is probably a commercial decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,021 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Never a feckin try in Murrayfield.

Scant pressure yes, but knocked on and uncontrolled in the process.

Shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

Score predictions for this evening?

Fagerson may be the first on the block for the yellow/red reviews here. It was careless at best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

Some great running lines and strength by Scotland.

And so it proves. Fagerson will be very much hoping for a ban which sees him only miss the balance of these summer warm-ups.

And to be fair there wasn't any malice in it, it was a bit reckless but with a lot of dynamic going on in the ruck as he arrived.

Premier Sports coverage at least a good 2 minutes behind reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭ersatz

That’s his second red for the same offence, and while it didn’t look malicious it was absolutely brainless and avoidable, and always going to be a red. Really dumb.

Fair play to Scotland though, they won that with 14 players for most of the second half. Ireland will go full strength against them in France or risk a result like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,141 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Not sure how to call this game. I've no doubt our players will be well prepared tactically and physically, but there's always a degree of rust in the first few games of the season.

Couple that with players wanting to make a statement for a WC squad place but also mind themselves wrt potential injuries or suspensions and you've the potential for an Italy win.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,495 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Cant see it being too close. Think the ireland players will be good from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Seeing the crowds in Edinburgh and Cardiff there's definitely huge demand for Rugby tickets

• Subscribers Posts: 41,519 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I'm guessing somewhere around 18 points to 40 in Irelands favour.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I'm pretty sure we'll go at, or extremely close to, full strength, but that was a 4 point win at home against a completely second string French team. Best not to read too much into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭clsmooth

I won’t be reading too much into the performance tonight. A win and no injuries and I’ll be happy. These scratch selections tend to add up to less than their constituent parts. I reckon next week will be closer to our starting 15 and a better indicator as to what level we’re performing at.

Advertisement