Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,649 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I have not heard anything concrete for Ruiz-Wilder

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I agree with yourself Dubois is the most likely just because he has that punch chance,

But al should be pretty straight forward wins for the Favs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,334 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

frazer Clarke v Dave Allen

strange one pulling Clarke from wardley because he’s not ready and needs more prep and then he’s in with Allen, I know he’s been out a while and had his ups and downs but Allen seems really focused since his daughter was born

I’ve listened to a few podcasts where he’s spoken about his early life and fighting for crap money at short notice and not even training it sounds crap to say the least, Eddie Hearn said he likes Dave Allen but I suspect he likes his name to stick on a card and take the %

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Robert Nairac

Big Fraze didn't fancy it with Fabio Wardley. Not worth the money Sky are giving him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,754 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I think an in shape Ruiz has a reasonable chance of beating Wilder. I would give him more of a chance of an upset than Whyte and Dubois. Dubois has maybe a punchers chance against Usyk, but Usyk seems to have a decent chin.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭BK5

A big if on Ruiz being in shape though, but your right Ruiz is a far better boxer than Wilder and he has a good chin. If he got the head and the body right he could show Wilder up alright.

I can’t see that fight happening anytime soon unless it’s called an an eliminator, wilder offered ruiz an amount but ruiz wants 50/50 which is fair they both have no belts so let’s fight

the entire thing could be all bluster too

I’d make a prepared Ruiz a favorite v Wilder. Yes, Wilder has the power, but other than that, Ruiz far better overall. And as mentioned, Ruiz can take a whack

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I think Wilder Ruiz is a great fight to whet the appetite and Ruiz is certainly competitive. Common opponents I can think of are Ortiz and Arreola? If Chris Arreola can KD Ruiz then Wilder can get to him and a wallop from Wilder would more than test his chin. Ortiz had looked good with Wilder both times but wound up not having the energy for him. But for the knockdowns he beat Ruiz. He could fight Wilder 20 times and the result is always a Wilder KO. For me, Wilder should be getting 65% of that gate and he wins by KO. Ruiz curiously would turn up in shape because it would be a very bad idea not to with Wilder above all other opponents. There’d be a fear there because hes a knockout man where with Joshua it wasnt going to be like that.

• Advertisement

When and how was this changed? I was thinking this would be a great match up. Did Wardley pull out or how did Clarke sell this one? Would love Allen to beat him now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Prepared Ruiz is a much better way of saying it, an in shape Ruiz just doesn’t exist. I think he could get inside and make it hell for Wilder, use his reach against him.

I dunno. Since the Joshua fight 1 I’ve not been at all impressed by Ruiz and hes not looked as quick. Wilder has a. Very good and long jab and when he goes for that single shot he’s lightning. Ruiz has volume, hand speed and inside game but Wilder stays strong in fights and when he sees it he hits it. I dont think Ruiz takes it from him.

be interesting to see wilder in any decent fight now because he took serious punishment mentally and physically from the trilogy and his last fight was barely a warm up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Ruiz is definitely there to be hit, he’s a big auld target. Would end up being a case of who lands their bomb first wins.

No chance in my humble opinion

The reason being Ruiz takes shots to give shots, he doesn't mind getting hit to get in close to land his own shots,

That won't end well against Wilder,

taking shots from wilder is no joke and it might not allow ruiz to get in close, it is a tricky one to predict because ruiz has not looked great in recent fights and we have not seen wilder perform properly since fury, the fight won't happen anyway in my opinion ruiz wants a big payday and i think he wanted 20m to fight fury

I think Wilder can do quite a lot with his jab here and Ruiz will have to eat a few. Ruiz should be able to get inside on occasion and test Wilder with body shots and hooks, which he throws really well. Ruiz best chance is a high tempo fight and get inside. If Wilder gets time to set up shots then I think he gets through enough to stop Ruiz in the mid rounds. Both could score KDs

Chisora v Washington announced

• Advertisement

Ah sure it’ll add a bit of jazz to the card and get Derek another KO on the record. Washington has had some decent events for such a limited boxer

• Registered Users Posts: 38,390 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I can't believe people are dismissing Whyte's chances so easily. Joshua is a shadow of the fighter he was a few years back. I think it'll be a very close fight that goes to a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Tim will tell but I see this as an easy night for Joshua

Everyone knows AJ is not at his best and not near as aggressive and assured, but Whyte is absolute way off his “average” best. AJ beats him easily via decision or KO. It will not be remotely close/competitive

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Yep,the opportunity for K.O. should arise but if it doesn't AJ will be happy to jab jab jab jab away for the whole fight.

Can't see White getting near him unless AJ has a complete stinker altogether.

You are right about AJ he isnt what he was but he is still top 5 ,He is pushing Usyk & the likes in competitive fights, ,

Whyte is absolutely shot ,

He got sparked by old man in APV, ok beat him in the rematch

Was awful against Fury & was even worse against Franklin, he lost that fight, AJ beat Franklin in 2nd gear,

Whyte biggest strength's where was he was rugged , stubborn & aggressive, I think he has mentally checked out & in 3 of his last 4 fights them things have disappeared,

Last time Whyte looked good was back in 2019

AJ knows this is a walk in the park as does Whyte, There's no needle or tension between them this time because both know the outcome already & both have accepted it m

whyte is shot to bits and his best weapon is his hook which is so slow and laboured possibly due to his age that he will find it difficult to land it with aj keeping range jabs gong, whyte is not a disciplined boxer he's more of a brawler in my opinion and gets angry very easily and starts swinging to hope for the best which did work against chisora and i think his foot work has deteriorated too

As pathetic as it sounds, Chisora would give AJ a way tougher fight than Whyte

Bit more durable than Whyte? I’m not too sure, Whyte may as well swing for the hills and that might well spook Joshua.

• Advertisement

He’ll try with gusto is what I mean. And trying means he’d present far more trouble (annoyance) than a stationary ponderous lump, that is an over the hill Whyte. Whyte will look a sack a **** August 25

Advertisement