Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

It's not in the post anymore, I just got my Galibier Tourmalet rain jacket.

Got a free pair of white socks with it. I don't wear white socks...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭G1032

I pretty much only wear white socks!! You can pop them in the post to me🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I've recently been trying out the white socks white shoes combo like you see most pros doing these days. Definitely made me a few seconds faster, while adding 20 mins on to the post ride cleaning time

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

For those who like white socks check out Pongo Cc London. They now have sorted EU shipping options so no charges.

€20 quid a pair but very nice & regularly do 3 for 2 offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gn3dr

I generally only wear white socks but not averse to other (bright) colours except for navy or black (black socks and cycling should never be seen). My problem is they sent me free orange socks but they are long socks which is a big no no for me.

I feel bad for complaining about my free socks. 😂

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I had a number of pairs of free socks from Galibier: black, yellow, light blue and white.

One day whilst washing them my wife asked why I had stuff on a boil wash. The 90° wash was next on the dial to the 30° wash 🙄

The colours all ran so now I have a range of what really just look like dirty colours

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭wijam

I'd be a white sock man myself, have been getting them from Inspire Repeat the last 4/5 years, even since bumping into a few cyclists doing photo-shoots for the socks around Wicklow, was funny us rocking up for another coffee stop and they went set up for the shoots

In the post, a retractable cable lock, handy to deter the opportunistic thieves when leaving bike outside cafes, not so good in centre of Dublin I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Ordered a Shimano RT64 203mm rotor, adaptor and metal brake pads for the hardtail. The 180mm rotor with resin pads on the front left a lot to be desired on the trails at my weight and in the wet did feck all and not confidence inspiring and borderline dangerous.

I'll see how it goes then possibly look at 4 piston calipers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I wear almost exclusively Madison Socks. Seem to have amassed an inordinate amount of pink and other brightly coloured ones. They're excellent and 360 cycles stocks the,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Front and rear Shimano roller brakes for the bakfiets, and Shimano roller brake grease. Bakfiets really not stopping well at all the last few months. The rear one has done maybe 50000km, I think. Should have changed it a long time ago. Changed the front one less than two years ago, but I guess it's still done a fair distance in that time.

• Advertisement

Needed a front light for my good bike and didn't want something that might scratch the finish on the bars when taking it on or off so have picked up a Ravemen FR160 which is designed to sit on my Garmin mount and has an built in adaptor that allows my Garmin to sit on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

That's cool

Hopefully. The mount on the bike is fairly sturdy so the extra weight shouldn't have it bouncing loose (I hope)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I will buy them off you, I am a bright sock type of guy, black or white are a no no for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

I've seen them advertised and thought they were cool - be interested to hear how it works out.

Any interest in a swap? I took my white ones out of their packaging and balled them up, but never put them on, just threw them into the sock drawer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

First Brexit order for me.

Asked my frame builder in the Netherlands if he had any spare derailleur hangers, and he said he didn't at present - only complete dropout sets. However, if I needed one there was a frame builder in the UK that gets parts in stock.

So £28 and pence ex van, plus $£7.50 post plus €9 and cents plus €3.50 handling, I have a spare derailleur hanger.

A lovely Paragon Machine hanger arrived today. Hopefully never have to use it.

Speaking of hoping not to use, I also ordered some Tubolight Evo SL liners from Italy.

• Advertisement

Considering these socks are too long for @gn3dr, and I'm not going to wear them, I'd be happy to post them on to whoever might use them.

First come, first served, I suppose. They are brand new, unworn (didn't even try them on), but I did take the packaging off. I'd image they come up to the bottom of the calf.

If nobody else looks for them @cletus then I'll happily take them

Grand, Seth. PM your details to me, I'll get them in the post next week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Thanks. I'll probably keep them for wearing inside tights.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭this.lad

The "Black socks" are actually very very very very dark navy.

Giant TCR Advanced 105 Di2. Not coming by post as such but landed in shop today, just waiting for BTW to clear to take her home. Replacing the stock wheels with Hunt Carbon 40-50s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

How much did you pay for that?

Heard a whisper Giant are dropping prices by 25%.....

Advertisement