Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Ah buddies it's gone beyond a joke at this stage, it literally is like Winter this morning. Rain, wind, storm warnings and power cuts???

Our street party has had to be cancelled again! I'm usually a positive person but this is crackers (I wonder is there any crackers in the attic? 🤔😀)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,493 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Spotted in The Range in thr UK!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

It was a hell of a night down here, a really bad storm passed over and the house was rattling. Lots of trees down this morning and a lot of people have no power. Thankfully though we have power - today is free electricity day in this house 😂. Hope your power is back @DvB .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It was my power that went and thankfully it came back just before 11am. We almost didn’t have a baby monitor for the nap!

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Ooh, dare I say it, but even I think that's early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

We had torrential rain here overnight too, thankfully I didn't hear much of it. Dublin Airport was the wettest weather station and I'm not too far from there. I did discover I have a small leak in my roof though 😭 there's only a little dampness, but still something that will need to get fixed before any damage is done.

Looks like August is continuing the same weather trend where July left off. It's supposed to get warmer in the middle of the week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We got out for a walk there and it was quite nice, then out of the blue, more rain, so we stopped and had a coffee in a little cafe near us and strolled home in the sun when it blew over, even that little break was a boost to the mood.

Glad to hear the power wasn't gone too long @Loughc

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

A few on here and a few Mr's!

Just saw the Dublin flooding on the news - hope no one on here was affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I don't think any of the Dublin regulars are from Clontarf. More around the "corner" of the bay Malahide/Portmarnock.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm right beside Clontarf, my road was flooded last night but luckily there was no property damage. Sick of this weather!! We get enough of this in the BER months and January through to April. Waaah! 🌧

Sorry , didn't realise that I thought you were on the Malahide side 😊

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Down my neck of the woods there was this. Our local centra had to close due to flooding as well. Welcome to autumn y’all.

Are they the northern cross apartments?

Lucky escape so @Posy . We're well used to flooding on Leeside but I live on a hill so if I ever get flooded then Noah will need his Ark. Our office is on the quays though so flooding is a regular issue there, not so much the building but the access. Not that that will be any problem for me anymore 😀.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

You look not far from me. Thankfully we got nothing like that, but if that's where I think it is, I could walk there in 15 minutes m

I do like the collectors item this year but it’s weird they only show 6 days but then I realised the other side shows the other 6 haha

Heading down to dunnes in a few minutes to do the weekly grocery shop, will have eyes peeked for anything Christmas related, though suspect its a bit early for dunnes.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

I suspect you’d be right. Dunnes are very slow getting that stuff in and on display. Tesco are usually the first and that’s most likely because they are getting the stock from their U.K. counterparts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Dunnes and Shaws are September as far as I recall. The range normally first of those sort of shops but Tesco will have the selection boxes and stuff out first.

Funnily enough I used find Tesco the best but the last few years I noticed the tubs in Dunnes first but maybe it's just me.

Either way it might be another two or three weeks before we see anything.

As suspected, not a thing in dunnes, expect it'll be September before anything appears there.

Will start my stollen watch in Lidl around the same time.

I looked at my old photos.

Last year I didn't have any Tubs or Selection Boxes until the first week of September.

In 2021 the first pic of Tubs l had was in late August in.....

ALDI.

Post edited by freshpopcorn on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Hope everyone had a nice bank holiday weekend. We enjoyed it in between getting soaked on walks & our power constantly going off! I think it has gone off three times in the last week alone.

Just see the line up for Strictly, can't say that I know any of them...some of the names are familiar but not their faces. No doubt we will get to know them as our eldest loves Strictly so we'll be tuned in most weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Catching up on the last 10 pages has given me a buzz. Back online from working remotely and traveling, my good the weather is cat.

We hit Brussel's then two weeks in Cognac (after a 9 hour drive which our 4 year old behaved). A week of that was working. Then five days in Paris where we got great weather and did all the sights on rented bikes. Arrived in Dublin just in time to go to the all Ireland. Now working remotely in limerick. The weather is awful, we have pals from Canada touring in Ireland and dropping in to do the Cliffs of Mohar, we'll we washed off them.

We found zero Christmassy things on our travels. I am off to London Thursday, any pointers on all round Christmas shops welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I'm just so happy the Premier League is back this week. It's the first sign that summer is over and we're staring at Autumn and Winter.

Causey farm Christmas experience tickets on sale from tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Same with me for strictly I reckonize the faces but don't know much about them. But I think that works best for Strictly. None of the celebs seem to love themselves too much unlike the Xfactor all those years ago.

Advertisement