Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC23 Warmups - Ireland v Italy, Sat 5th Aug, KO 8PM - TV: RTÉ2 and RTÉ Player, Amazon Prime Video

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Casey’s kicking has been excellent for the last 12 months or so. Really something he’s significantly improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

• Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

They way JOB went back into contact several times makes me think he just got an auld stinger or some bad bruising, rather than anything structural.

It would have stiffened up badly in the break, so zero sense sending him back in, get him down to the physio and get it tended to.

It was such a good first half; confident, fresh looking, pretty sharp, energetic all over the pitch, everyone smiling and trying things.

Yes, Italy were kinda useless but Farrell will be happy I think.

Delighted for the game Crowley is having. Casey too and McCarthy and the front row. We know what the rest of these guys can do, but the extended squad are pushing the envelope all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Casey can be very happy with his performance today. Great that Blade gets 35+ mins to strut his stuff now, I'm a fan of him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

MOD: Let's stop discussing who we think are trolls and who is on ignore please. Though feel free to ignore people you think are trolls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

Few injured players coming off. Bit of a worry

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭fitz

Baird needs to be careful about getting in front of the jumper. Twice now.

That lineout sloppiness needs to be ironed out asap

He had a dodgy start I thought but he improved as it went on. Earls not having a good game so far. Not seeing as much ball as Stockdale, needs to go looking more for it I think

We need to sort out this lineout error, POC won't be happy with them doing that twice in the game so far

• Advertisement

Tempo really dropped when Casey went off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Great cover tackle and follow up disruption by Crowley there.

Crowley doing great work in defence, two tackles in quick succession there and did enough to get them into touch a few minutes ago. I love that fearlessness to his game, he's quite physical when he wants (as Ross Byrne can attest to!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Stockdale awfull defence

soft try. Poor from Stockdale.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Stockdale may as well have helped him over the line there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭clsmooth

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Italy have one try on the scoreboard. What a lucky break for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,972 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Poor effort of a tackle from Jacob there. Disappointing as he's been doing well.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Best finish of the game, Stockdale was poor there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,140 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Oof.

The try was made from excellent hands in the centres from Italy. But that's an utterly appalling cover tackle from Stockdale.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭MaddChris

Stockdale has to do better than that....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

I know it's just an opening warm up game, but that was unforgivably bad from Stockdale.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Worrying seeing Conan in boot, hope that's just a sprain

• Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Shocking there, a spear in the midriff would've ended your man. He fell off him like an Autumn leaf.

Individual stuff like that will get you left behind.

Kearney-esque tackling from Stockdale there, christ man you have to bury him in that situation. Strong fend by the Italian in there too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

First half fending off the scrum half wasn't a great look either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Time to take off dorris.

Give nash a run.

• Advertisement

Italy immediately struggling with the physicality of our bench.

Advertisement