Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FEC committee & final report - **UPDATE post 442**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I'll prephrase this post by saying this can also be a matter of perspective ,and "Irish solutions and fudge" too.

High Capacity mags Banned all over the EU more or less,but because of legislative fuk up you can still posses once permantly blocked to 10 rounds or 20 respectively if it is a pistol because the EU banned the possesion of the physical magazine body being able to hold more than 10/20 rounds,but Ireland banned the magazine capacity of it not being able to hold more than 10 rounds.This is what FUNI wanted to have clarified by the DOJ in Dec 2019,and the DOJ couldn't get their head around this eU concept.

Centrefire pistols Banned...Not totally as there are still a limited number out there,and it is within a ministeral signiture for this to be reversed.

Semi auto rifles banned. Still there if you had a liscense as with the handguns before a certin date and very challengeable,even moreso than the handguns because of the delay and slipshod manner it was implimented.Crux point on this is how is it challenged and when?

Aside Did anyone BTW see a report or a study by an independent body or the AGS to prove that these types of guns are a menace to Irish society?Nope me neither...but any other bit of legislation proposed of banning somthing from society is always pre launched by lengthy and costly reports...strange that.

22pistols limited to 5 rounds. Strong possibility of that being changed,if people and organisations would extract digits from bodily orfices IF and WHEN new legislation comes to the fore,possibly after next general election,unless certain politicans want to commit political career sucidide before their own two political death warrants they signed off on are enacted on?

As I said its a matter of perspective.Yes its VERY unfair that folks cant get CF handguns or Semi rifles post an arbitary date,and I'm in the lifeboat with a hole in it and stand to lose a semi rifle too.But then life is a biatch and it isnt fair.But to say they are totally banned here is a misnomer,and I have to ask this question again..If they are so omnipotent,and we can clearly see that both dOJ/AGS would like nothing better than seeing ALL the semis and pistols disappearing from Irish society. WHY havent they done it?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I suppose perspectively you can claim it's a win but let's look at the actual situation, not the Rose tinted glasses version.

High capacity mads - regardless of how many they could have held when they were manufactured if it holds more than 10 (rifles) or 20 (c/f pistols) it's an offense to posses one. So whether by blocking or other means if you have a mag with a capacity of greater than 10 (rifles) or 20 (c/f pistols) then you're committing an offense. So they're banned.

Centrefire pistols - Can someone, after 2008, walk in and license one? As we know the answer is no, hence banned. The grandfathering of the existing ones is the same as a ban just by slower means as they'll eventually lose them via defect, lack of interest and death of licensee.

Semi auto rifle - Exact same situation as c/f pistols. Only this time due to the excessively long interval between announcement and legislation we'll actually see revocations not to mention you cannot now license one.

22 pistols limited - Semantics nor wishful thinking does not change the current legal position. You cannot get a 22 pistol on a restricted license after Nov 2008. Hence they're banned. Given the current, and pre-existing, attitude of continuing to limit/attack the sport and that no such conversation has ever been had about removing this limitation since its inception in 2008 it's unlikely, actually more than that, that such a repeal will occur.

As for why they haven't completely banned them all, this was discussed at length many times before. There is a difference between ownership and possession. They (DoJ) can ban the possession of these items but not deprive you of your ownership of them. Such a legal move requires compensation and while the amount may be small for the Government to be seen to be handing out hundreds of thousands in a gun "buy back" scheme would not poll well and they know that through attrition and loss on interest that these licensees, hence firearms, will drop over time there is no need.

The Minister in 2015 even had to walk back her comments in relation to saying that there would be no compensation when she announced she was going to ban them all. I'm assuming someone had a word in her ear and told her she was legally wrong in her thoughts and comments for the above reasons.

So as asked above what exactly is a win in your mind? C/F pistols came back and within 5 years were banned. Semi autos grew, slowly and in tiny proportions, and were banned. The only reason 22 pistols did not meet the same fate as c/f ones was the Olympic aspect otherwise I believe they would have been banned too.

Post edited by Cass on
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mud dog

Hey grizzly

Is actually PRS Ireland that have been flagging in the FURG meeting ! Just sent the record straight!

The Minister in 2015 even had to walk back her comments in relation to saying that there would be no compensation when she announced she was going to ban them all. I'm assuming someone had a word in her ear and told her she was legally wrong in her thoughts and comments for the above reasons.

When and where did she announce that? Cant find any reference to this actual statement? Wouldn't be that the minor fact of 18 DC wins might have also given pause for thought against going against the judiciary verdicts on the matter? and that doesn't explain when Dermot Aherne had his jackboot on our throats in 2006 that he didn't finish us off whether a certain leader of an organisation had anything to do with it,or not?

High capacity mads - regardless of how many they could have held when they were manufactured if it holds more than 10 (rifles) or 20 (c/f pistols) it's an offense to posses one. So whether by blocking or other means if you have a mag with a capacity of greater than 10 (rifles) or 20 (c/f pistols) then you're committing an offense. So they're banned.

Operative wordsin bold .The EU and all other countries enacted legislation prohibiting the possession of a magazine body that has the capability of holding a larger amount of ammo. It's a legal clanger on Ireland's part and one that needs judicial clarification on the interpretation.As I said even the Dept itself couldn't say to us what they actually banned in this legislation at that meeting!! So if the people who wrote that law, or better just transcribed it from an EU directive without knowing the technicalities of the item...

Given the current, and pre-existing, attitude of continuing to limit/attack the sport and that no such conversation has ever been had about removing this limitation since its inception in 2008 it's unlikely, actually more than that, that such a repeal will occur.

I'll guide you to the FEC report proposals on that point.

So as asked above what exactly is a win in your mind? C/F pistols came back and within 5 years were banned. Semi-autos grew, slowly and in tiny proportions, and were banned. The only reason 22 pistols did not meet the same fate as c/f ones was the Olympic aspect otherwise I believe they would have been banned too.

The fact that we still have SOME of these is a win.That we are not like the UK with all gone perhaps Its a pyrrhic victory no doubt ,but not a total defeat either.

But to misquote the Big Lebowski "Well that's just like both our opinions man"

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

@Grizzly 45 When and where did she announce that

I cannot find it now. The search function is not great but when I do find It I'll post. It was the same time of her statement in which she announced a temp ban (which was also illegal).

As for mags. You're arguing irrelevant semantics. The rest of the EU doesn't concern me and the Irish SI bans mags over 10 rounds (talking about rifles only). Regardless of the specifics on whether that is a mag made to hold only 10 or one adapted to hold no more than 10 is irrelevant as the amount is 10.

@Grizzly 45 I'll guide you to the FEC report proposals on that point

A recommendation in a largely ignored report from a biased group. So answer me this, was the law changed in this Act? Of course not so the law still stands. Again arguing the semantics of how many times it was discussed is less than pointless considering it changes nothing.

@Grizzly 45 The fact that we still have SOME of these is a win.That we are not like the UK with all gone perhaps

No it's not, it's just losing, slower. Also who cares about the UK? It's not Ireland so irrelevant.

@Grizzly 45 Its a pyrrhic victory no doubt ,but not a total defeat either

It is. Only those still with their guns will be less upset bordering on happy. Everyone else is screwed.

A victory would have been everyone grandfathered, a total victory would have been the successful challenge to the proposals and them being voided before getting to this point.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭dalalada

“bans mags over 10 rounds (talking about rifles only “

Clarify this please. Rimfire rifles and shotguns included or what’s their limit?

The conversation is about c/f rifles and to a lesser extent c/f pistols. Rimfires and shotguns are not being discussed.

The law says a c/f rifle cannot have a mag with a capacity of greater than 10 rounds.

Rimfires are limited to 10 rounds on an unrestricted license and restricted license if using higher capacity mag (over 10).

Shotguns are three or fewer on an unrestricted license and restricted for more than 3. Pistol grips and other factors also make it restricted but I'm only discussing mag capacity.

Doesnt answer my question as to where Francsis Fitzgerald said she was going to ban per 2015 licensed SA.

Thanks for that, but that is in relation to compensation for those licnesed after the 2015 date

The comment I was referring to occurred back some years when Fitzgerald was asked about banning all semi autos. She stated that she was imposing a temporary cap on licensing, which is also illegal, and she made a comment about no compensation being paid if she were to ban them completely.

Both comments had to be walked back. Now when I say walked back I don't mean she came out and apologised for the comments and admits they were wrong, instead the temporary cap was never implemented and any discussion about no compensation stopped.

The search function in the site/forum is less than basic. It means I have to manually check each and every thread, post by post, for any mention of it.

I'll keep checking and when I find it I'll post it here.

• Advertisement

I cannot find it now. The search function is not great but when I do find It I'll post. It was the same time of her statement in which she announced a temp ban (which was also illegal).

Do please! As I cant find anything of that.All I can find is the first statements on this around mid-2015 announcing the FAAA ad this revocation.

As for mags. You're arguing irrelevant semantics. The rest of the EU doesn't concern me and the Irish SI bans mags over 10 rounds (talking about rifles only). Regardless of the specifics on whether that is a mag made to hold only 10 or one adapted to hold no more than 10 is irrelevant as the amount is 10.

Well it should concern as there is an anomaly there, and in your 2nd bold point, you are just proving my point. Adapted to hold 10! We are not arguing about the capacity,we are arguing about the container. The EU banned the container. Ireland didn't!!It legislated on how many you could put in it! BIG difference.

A recommendation in a largely ignored report from a biased group. So answer me this, was the law changed in this Act? Of course not so the law still stands. Again arguing the semantics of how many times it was discussed is less than pointless considering it changes nothing.

No! my point was you ASSERTED it has never been discussed or brought up in any way in your previous post. Whether it is acted on by shooting orgs actually campaigning and pushing for this or individuals or the government,is another matter.

No it's not, it's just losing, slower. Also who cares about the UK? It's not Ireland so irrelevant.

Do you understand the concept of a "comparison"?You wanted to know how it could be possibly worse, and in this context, you need to get over this "we are in Ireland" nothing else happening anywhere else doesn't concern us! "mindset. I've pointed it out time enough already how much of the FEC report recommendations and oddities are based on German legislation. Whether they are practical, will work here or otherwise is another argument.Fuk it most of our legislation governing ranges is 90% Canadian legislation.Yuo can be damn assured they will try and bludegon some of this into Irish law.

It is. Only those still with their guns will be less upset bordering on happy. Everyone else is screwed.

Yup!! But then again life is a bitch and then you die!!! Maybe if more people had concerned themselves as you so rightly say many times about this issue since 2015 and rattled their organisations harder, we wouldn't be in this mess. You snoozed you lost. IF I was being totally selfish, I'd say those that got their pre-2015 rifles, deserve them too.As every one of those cost a no small amount of money in district court cases.

Maybe when they come for your bolt action " big calibre tactical sniper rifles that can kill at over 2 miles!!!"[AKA your deer or target rifle] it might be different, but I somehow doubt it.

A victory would have been everyone grandfathered, a total victory would have been the successful challenge to the proposals and them being voided before getting to this point.

And would have been possible too. if people and the mainstream orgs had concerned themselves with this and got in the fight a lot earlier. Yje price of gun ownership here is eternal vigilance on our lawmakers...We obviously as individuals and the collective don't want to pay that price, and that's why we don't have much of anything nice here.

@Grizzly 45 . The EU banned the container. Ireland didn't!!It legislated on how many you could put in it! BIG difference

How? When the end result is the same limitation, explain to me how this "anomaly" is so huge.

@Grizzly 45 my point was you ASSERTED it has never been discussed

I never said it was never discussed. I said no such conversation regarding removing the limitations has taken place. You cited the FEV which was set up late 2021, and the recommendation was only released in early 2023.

So for the intervening 13+ years not one conversation regarding removing this limit has taken place between shooting representative bodies and the DoJ. As you seem so focused on my wording rather than the point being made I'll clarify, none that I know off or was privvy to.

@Grizzly 45 Do you understand the concept of a "comparison"?You wanted to know how it could be possibly worse, and in this context, you need to get over this "we are in Ireland" nothing else happening anywhere else doesn't concern us! "mindset

I do, but fail to see the relevance. UK has reloading, no licensing for sub set ft/lb rifle, the person licensed rather than a license for each individual gun, target shooting outside a range, etc. None of which we have nor will. So what bearing does the UK have on us that they have that and we don't? Why would I waste time thinking abou it. Also why would I be "happy" that it's not worse here when it could have been not better but unchanged.

This argument can and would go on indefinitely but I haven't the interest nor stomach for it anymore (the issues as opposed to just arguing). I'll finish with this.

You view this as a win and thank God it wasn't worse. I view it as a complete loss and that there is more to come with some of it already happening.

Look at the new FCA1 and the implementation of some of the FEC recommendations without legislation in place, instead current law bring interpreted to justify it. The reduction in ammo allowances even though there is no law to limit it. The whole night vision fiasco.

We are still "under fire" but will sit back and wait for the final punch before realising we're in a fight. When we're lying on the canvass is the wrong time to decide to fight back.

Writing to representatives can never be a bad thing but we need a proper representative group. I've seen it enough times to know the fairy tale notion of a unified group will never happen but there is room for the various groups to actually step up, demand to be heard, and interact with the DoJ as we did 10 years ago. We had a seat at the table, could speak directly to the DoJ reps and ensure our concerns and opinions were heard.

I also think it's time that all groups had a good long look at those representing them and ask are they aware of what is happening, what happened, and able to preempt what may come. I mean the FEC proposals give a wish list of what the DoJ/AGS want and however long it takes they will seek to implement them all. So how will those recommendations affect the various disciplines?

We have lost pistol shooting and while rimfire remains (in my opinion only due to Olympic shooting) it's essentially a dead sport (c/f). Semi autos will now completely die out over the next 15 to 20 years. Without pointing fingers which sport does this affect the most and what, if anything, did they do over the last 8 years to head this off?

Mark my words, the fight is still ongoing, and if this continues we'll be back to 1980s level of gun ownership. A shotgun and 22 only.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Munsterlad102

The EU banned the container.

FEC report recommendations and oddities are based on German legislation.

Citation?

Fuk it most of our legislation governing ranges is 90% Canadian legislation.

Literally the only similarity is the non restricted and restricted categories. Hell, they actually define what a prohibited firearm is rather than what we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BSA International

Prohibited are detailed in primary legislation

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Munsterlad102

No, details on what the minister can declare to be prohibited firearms and ammunition is detailed in primary legislation. Nothing is directly called prohibited, either in Irish or EU legislation.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BSA International

The majority of the Committee recommends that applicants for first-time licences in the State should prove that they have attained accreditation in training to an agreed national standard. By way of example, in Germany, those wishing to hunt must apply to the Hunting Authority, a government agency, and must be approved by the police as a suitable person to handle and use firearms. Once this is confirmed, the applicant must complete 120 hours of theory training with the Hunting Authority and a further 120 hours of practical experience that must be signed off by a qualified hunter. They must train on shotguns, rifles and handguns. The course is modular and consists of: 1. Hunting firearms, ammunition, ballistic, optics and knives 2. Species recognition 3. Legislation 4. Practical hunting, traps, meat prep and hygiene, disease recognition 5. Hunting dogs, breeding, training, care, etc. 6. Nature protection, agriculture, forestry, conservation, habitat management. After training, applicants must complete a written exam, firearms-handling test and a practical shooting test in all firearms. Any person who wishes to shoot any animal, even a rat, must have completed this training. Hunters work with the farmers to control wildlife. Farmers do not have firearms unless they complete this training also. 29 Similarly, in order to licence a target-shooting firearm in Germany, the applicant must apply to the police, be a member of the German Shooting and Archery Federation, and have completed its training.

And whoever wrote that had ZERO CLUE of how it actually works in practise. Guess that makes me guilty as many of my youthful friends guilty of mass poaching of rodents and sparrows and starlings then!That statement confirmed it for me that whoever wrote this was utterly ignorant of German firearms legislation.Small vermin species can be hunted with anything you want on your own property so long as it is safe,IE crossbows,air guns,catapults[with no wrist brace!illegal under German weapons laws]

A majority of the Committee recommends that the legislation should require a firearm certificate holder to spend a minimum number of hours using that firearm on a range each year in order for the firearm certificate to remain valid or to be eligible for a renewal.

A demand of the Green party in NordRehin Westphalia or Brandenburg in the regional parliament in 2019 .Defeated.As the consensus was you are already a qualified hunter,you dont need to re prove it.

The Committee considered that, in the case of another mass-scale licensing regime operated by the State, the driver’s licence, applicants for a licence are expected to first apply for a provisional licence of limited duration after demonstrating competence in interpreting the theory behind the rules of the road. Upon receipt of a provisional licence, learner drivers are required to undergo a supervised programme of 12 classes covering the skills and techniques necessary to driver safely and are expected to engage in supervised driving with a licence-holder of more than two years standing to supplement this course. Learner drivers are also not permitted to undergo a driving test for six months after receipt of their first provisional license in order for them to acquire the competence necessary in driving before seeking a test. There is no comparable provision in the firearms licensing regime. A majority of the Committee agreed that a comparable system of provisional firearms licences should be put in place in Ireland; one Member disagreed. 

ALL are based on the German sports shooter club system too. Came in after some mass shootings in Winniden and Erfurt ostensibly to prevent such.All it did was give the day glo-jacketed Range official Fudds God-like powers to decide who was suitable to progress off air, to .22 and onwards

The Committee recommends that if the barrel length is to be used as a basis for prohibition of certain shotguns then a more appropriate length might be setting minimum barrel length of 45 cm and a minimum overall length of 90 cm. The Committee notes that this is the minimum length for pump-action shotguns provided by Germany.

Not being aware that it only applies to Hunters and that it apples to ALL types of shotguns in a restricted usage,and that it may only have a three shot in total capacity.

Literally the only similarity is the non restricted and restricted categories. Hell, they actually define what a prohibited firearm is rather than what we do.

go back on the 2008 legislation.in one report the CRI of the DOJstated that the Canadian model for future annd up to code ranges are based on the Canadian standards.

You view this as a win and thank God it wasn't worse. I view it as a complete loss and that there is more to come with some of it already happening.

No.I dont consider it a win at all,as we still dont know will they do anything with this legislation or these reports.Remember Browne said he wont decide on anything untill he has spoken to all groups. IOW drag it out possibly untill election time next year,and leave the whole pile of manure on the next poor shmucks desk that takes his office to deal with.Yes the semi auto ship is holed and sinking, but until we know is it going to be challenged,I'm not giving up the ship...just yet.

Look at the new FCA1 and the implementation of some of the FEC recommendations without legislation in place, instead current law bring interpreted to justify it. The reduction in ammo allowances even though there is no law to limit it. The whole night vision fiasco.

We are still "under fire" but will sit back and wait for the final punch before realising we're in a fight. When we're lying on the canvass is the wrong time to decide to fight back.

Writing to representatives can never be a bad thing but we need a proper representative group. I've seen it enough times to know the fairy tale notion of a unified group will never happen but there is room for the various groups to actually step up, demand to be heard, and interact with the DoJ as we did 10 years ago. We had a seat at the table, could speak directly to the DoJ reps and ensure our concerns and opinions were heard.

I also think it's time that all groups had a good long look at those representing them and ask are they aware of what is happening, what happened, and able to preempt what may come. I mean the FEC proposals give a wish list of what the DoJ/AGS want and however long it takes they will seek to implement them all. So how will those recommendations affect the various disciplines?

We have lost pistol shooting and while rimfire remains (in my opinion only due to Olympic shooting) it's essentially a dead sport (c/f). Semi autos will now completely die out over the next 15 to 20 years. Without pointing fingers which sport does this affect the most and what, if anything, did they do over the last 8 years to head this off?

Couldn't agree with you more on those points.And ask yoursleves this simply.Do you think you are getting value for money in your memberships and are you feeling that you are being informed with openness and transparency, are your members engaging with the umbrella group now here [FURG]?If not why not?and do you feel any people repersenting you at the ministerial table are "Polite,professional,but have a plan to [figuratively speaking]kill every last person in the room."

• Registered Users Posts: 39 6.5x55 seller ammo

Emails are bopping around from the various clubs since last night - asking you hand over your S/A CF firearms into dealers and complete the FCA2 forms for cancellation on the basis a cancellation is better than a revocation.

Game over!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭hiddenmongoose

Who is giving that advice? why would you do that when your licence is still valid for almost another 3 month, it is also not game over yet....

• Advertisement

DO Absolutely,positivelymuthaf$$£4ingly NOT that!!

This is a cop-out and makes you a willing participant in disposing of your own property. With no comeback if it is a cancellation! Do NOT be afraid of having to put down a revocation tick box on your future applications either! I am the proud ticker of four such boxes, and I write behind each of them in the margins. "DOJ/ AGS political decision and action" for such.

As it is a revocation it must be in WRITING from the Chief Superintendent laying out his reasons for this revocation. This is and will be used in any future court actions. It is up to you of course, but please don't be regretting like the CF pistol owners who lost their guns due to lack of finances when this can be challenged in a court of law. Let AGS send you the notice of revocation and let them do some work to confiscate your property. Do not make life easy for them by willingly surrendering your property.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭freddieot

Agree with that. However, is it the Chief that would be revoking the cert ?

That would be the normal process, if for example, the holder committed some crime or another reason arose to make them unsuitable to continue to be licensed. There would also be the option to challenge that decision by appeal.

A change in the law is different. It's not a decision to revoke being made by the issuing officer. Rather the State (law) has effectively declared the cert to be revoked.

I'm not a lawyer, but should either AGS or the DOJ not contact every affected cert holder directly ? Either way, there should be a process in place to handle the issue. It should not require a shooter to cancel anything. If there is not then perhaps that itself should be raised as a legal point.

It would be interesting to hear from someone with a better legal grasp of the process.

ASFIK as it states its a revocation whether by the state or the agents of the state.Yeah their way of handling this issue "Drop it in the station and PFO!"Going by the above press announcement.So no doubt they think they will have a nice haul of weapons for Browne and MacEntee to gloat behind in a press conference.Touting how they got these weapons off the street and out of private hands to make us all safer.Not going to happen,as a last resort Ill paint mine flouresent pink and stick a bunch of Hello Kitty stickers on it.With my opinion of the pair of them painted on the stock.Lets see those two clowns and Garda faces then sitting behind a bunch of flouresent pink or rainbow coloured guns!🤣🤣🤣🤣

Clubs are asking people to hand over their guns?

Seems odd.

I've heard of some that are giving advice to their members and the advice is, legally, proper and sound. They give suggestions on how to proceed, options of what can be done (such as conversion to straight pull, etc), with a "warning" to not let the clock run down on this and be caught in possession of an unlicensed firearm come the cut of date (which is 3 months after the enactment of the Act, and I see above someone said it's November 1st which is about right).

Because the new law says the licenses are revoked and your license will cease to be in effect come November 1st.

So whether AGS are in contact with you or not in that time once that date hits, you're in possession of an unlicensed firearm, which is an offense, so it seems the club(s) are seeking to offer help so lads don't fall foul of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

A conversion to straight-pull, requires the removal of the gas system, which in turn requires a re-proof of the rifle, AND Ireland, not having a Proof-House, means exporting and re-importing the firearm (whose action has changed, so is it the same firearm?) and all this to be done under the auspices of AGS and Dept of Justice, to be completed within 3 months. HA HA HA

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

With regard to the disposal of the guns, that I'd be challenging, if possible. Possession and property still remain two completely different things.

The challenge here would be instead of surrendering to AGS, can they not be stored in an RFDs until sold or alternative arrangements are made?

I suppose the issue they may have is they don't want a number of these guns stored in RFDs and also with the new Act are RFDs even going to be allowed to store them?

Did I say it was easy, practical, cheap or even possible?

Did the notifications from whichever club(s) that are sending out the letters say this?

If not then all they have done is offer an option. If so, then they should reconsider this as a viable option given the time constraints.

But by all means, you continue to get a good laugh at the expense of others misfortune while offering nothing in reply.

• Advertisement

Errr NO!!!It does not.It requires a competent Irish gunsmith /dealer to certify that this is a Cat C rifle.There is no description or other on how this must be done either on Irish legislation.Consider what you post here on this topic please.

Advertisement