Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you still fly with rifles as checked bags on Aer Lingus?

Options
  • 04-08-2023 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

As above, can you fly with checked fire arms with Aer Lingus?

I have done some years ago, but the website now seems to suggest that you can't.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

From the Aer Lingus website,

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Sika98k

If you are flying to Europe I suggest Lufthansa. You ring their call centre after you book your ticket. Give them your reservation number. Answer a few questions and happy days.

aer Lingus perform like a troupe of headless chickens when you appear with a firearm. 3 hours ? Check in doesn’t open until 2 hours before a flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Found both AL and LH good to deal with.£ hours ...Yeah right! Last time I had to drive to Dublin and was stuck on the M7 with a 3/4 hour traffic accident.I made it in at almost final boarding call time with the gun. Since they were expecting me,they cleared it and VIPed me express thru security as well with about five mins to spare from pushback.So given advance warning they are usually prepped to handle this situation.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 39,284 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

This has been my experience too. Be smart, advance notice and they’ll look after you. But rock up and pull out a firearm. Expect some apprehension. It’s not the norm after all.

I once heard of a pro photographer. Who flew with a lot of gear. And used to put a starter pistol in his camera checked bag. Because it ensured it was much more carefully looked after.

Advertisement